• Thread starter Dudebusta
  • 20 comments

analog sticks or d pad?

• analog sticks

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • d pad

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
haha steering wheel?!?!?!?!?! i remember the first time i used that and it was the last. it was crap. not realistic. turn a bit too far and it just spun. totally gay in my books.

Gotta agree with your signature...id like to piss on marcos ambrose and **** johnson

the D-pad makes turning a bit quicker for me. All you got to do is tap tap tap hold tap tap.. not a sudden hold. This makes the car more settle.

analog sticks are better to tap with, give it a try. you can also hold a steady turn on the test course with analog sticks...no tapping.

Originally posted by Dudebusta
hey eddy...you really think that car in your avatar is real?
the car is real, but I don't know if the picture is or not... it's a Hennessey Venom 800TT :thumbsup:

I use a Speedster II wheel and it is easier to control than most others. When I'm not using the wheel I use the analogue stick as I find the speed control convenient and the different levels of steer/braking more realistic.

I have the Naki steering wheel. It has made me a firm believer in my analog stick to steer. I've heard you can use the Right stick for throttle and brake but haven't tried that one yet.

Yep, Gotta love the aluminium gear knob and stiffer brake pedal.

Eddy get a speedster 2, best steering wheel i've ever used, not too sensitive unlike other models on the market.

yes gil you can use the right stick for gas and brake I think it is much more realistic , lets face it the game is a simulation , I mean come on when you drive a car in real life do you (a)slam the throttle all the way to the floor , kinda like pressing the X button or do you (b) change the angle of the accelerator to make the car handle differently . same with the brake anyway , I know alot of people are gonna say yeah , I slam the throttle all the way to the floor but if you ask someone who can actually drive they will tell you otherwise. so to answer the question yes I use the analog sticks , I wouldnt even like the game if there werent analog controllers

I'm still an old-skool D-pad steerer. Thumbsticks just don't feel natural to me, and I only use a steering wheel for computer games since most good console wheels are too costly, and the ones that are affordable are cheap Fisher-Price crap that feel all wrong and break too easily. Just after the warranty runs out, of course. :banghead:

Back