Announcing Hotlaps, an Android and Now Mobile Web app for Saving/Sharing Your Laptimes!

Works pretty decent after you figure out whats going on.

Would really be nice to have a note section or something because my 1 tuned car is a replica (GT3 RS) and not just something I spent time testing etc

Also I find it funny that out of all the times listed so far for the ring I am the only one posting times on comfort tires lol.

oooo we really need this for iOS!!

exactly how i play GT6. taking my cars out for a spin in their stock outfit, no aids, no abs, enjoying the difference in feel, grip, weight shifting, suspension, watching the replay, comparing my lap times to previous sessions...

so a iOS version would be more than highly appreciated...

Good app this.

It was in fact GT6 which made this difficult as the game didnt save my tuning setup for some reason. Dunno if this is a common bug?

Well done for continuing to develop it by the way!

Last edited:
New version published tonight (may take a couple hours to show up).

Changes:

• Added new cars for Forza 5 released 2014-08-13.
  • Added simple view lap screen with full details, tap to see laps input method, driving aids used, etc.
  • Drag down to refresh laps list.
  • Remember driving aids last used so your usual setup will be ready next time you log a lap.
  • Fixed null appearing for cars with no year.
  • Moved submit buttons to action bar entries.
  • Display filters being used at top of lap list.

Next things I'm planning to work on: (tentatively)

• Do something about filtering on driving aids, though I'm tempted to just omit skid recovery laps from the leaderboard and be done with it. Everything else is fair game IMO.
  • Add PP filtering or "class" limiting.
  • Screen to view latest laps added.
  • Screen to view a user and their laps.
  • Pagination. (the 'ring is starting to get lengthy, I think we're up to 50 laps there)

Works pretty decent after you figure out whats going on.

Would really be nice to have a note section or something because my 1 tuned car is a replica (GT3 RS) and not just something I spent time testing etc

Also I find it funny that out of all the times listed so far for the ring I am the only one posting times on comfort tires lol.

I can put lap notes on the todo list, would you want it to be something everyone could see when they viewed your lap, or just for you?

I can put lap notes on the todo list, would you want it to be something everyone could see when they viewed your lap, or just for you?
I think it would be nice for everyone to see. For instance, I've been running "Ring Taxi" laps on the ring, only submitting times that had absolutely no curb hits, track edge real, comforts tires, and completely stock so they are quite a bit slower than other people would have.

One I ran with a GT3 RS replica that would be nice to state and give credit to whose tune it was in the first place. Again though no curbs ala Sabine Schmitz style lol

I'm surprised more people aren't using this application. I'll admit that I don't plug in ALL of my laps, that would be incredibly time consuming. But, since GT6 doesn't provide much in the way of keeping track of lap times, especially if you're using a lower powered car, this app is incredibly handy to log "best lap times" of your cars.

If the author of the app is reading this, I found an error. The car Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur (R34) you have listed as GT-E, not GT-R. You might want to fix that. Also, I can't remember exactly what it's called the two dots above the letter 'u' in German words, but when entering the track name on your app you have Nurburgring spelled with that character. While that is the correct way to spell it, typing the letter "u" on an English keyboard results in the track being not found. Perhaps you should adjust it's spelling to just "Nurburgring" without that fancy character. Just a suggestion...

I'm surprised more people aren't using this application. I'll admit that I don't plug in ALL of my laps, that would be incredibly time consuming. But, since GT6 doesn't provide much in the way of keeping track of lap times, especially if you're using a lower powered car, this app is incredibly handy to log "best lap times" of your cars.

If the author of the app is reading this, I found an error. The car Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur (R34) you have listed as GT-E, not GT-R. You might want to fix that. Also, I can't remember exactly what it's called the two dots above the letter 'u' in German words, but when entering the track name on your app you have Nurburgring spelled with that character. While that is the correct way to spell it, typing the letter "u" on an English keyboard results in the track being not found. Perhaps you should adjust it's spelling to just "Nurburgring" without that fancy character. Just a suggestion...

I'm still reading. :) Will try to get those text touchups made thanks. Glad to hear it's getting some use!

Working on an update today, any hotlaps users wanna give me a hand and let me know if the new track has weather, time change, and it's exact length? Hours of updates to apply.

New version pushed out, should be appearing within a few hours. Adds:

- New Circuito de la Sierra so you can start logging your times here.
- Ability to add lap notes. (visible to others)
- Made tracks with exotic characters more searchable per ALB123.
- Fix the Nissan GT-E, which isn't a thing.

I am not Android 4.0, but might be when I get a new phone!

You don't know how much this will help with my league testing!! I mean, I have a computer to plug numbers and such, but this is golden!
I got a new phone!

Just got this app and it is awesome! I will be creating an account very soon!

Great app

I have used it for a while. And I have some feedback.

Some lagg, when entering car and track. I have Android 4.3 on a Samsung S3
And I miss a summary of all my best laps.

@CerealKiller Keep up the good work.:gtpflag:

Great app

I have used it for a while. And I have some feedback.

Some lagg, when entering car and track. I have Android 4.3 on a Samsung S3
And I miss a summary of all my best laps.

@CerealKiller Keep up the good work.:gtpflag:
I am not having any lag issues. Probably because I got my phone yesterday. Also, I have a S4 Mini.

Also, my criticism would be where it shows the pp, to also show whether your car is tuned or not. A lot of the times I will be posting will be tuning prohibited. However, with the "notes", I can put it in there!

Awesome leaderboards/time boards. Very cool!

I haven't experienced any lag in the app either. I'm normally connected to wifi when using the app, since I'm at home if I'm on my PS3. With a 100Mbit line in my house I'm used to stellar connection performance, so I would probably notice if the app was lagging. So far, nothing to report.

There are definitely a few things that could be changed to make the app better, in my opinion. I'm sure the creator is waiting for more people to use it before he goes and totally overhauls the app. Not that I'm saying it needs to be completely re-done...I hope you know what I mean.

It shocks me how few people are using this app. By now, I would expect the leaderboards to have dozens and dozens of submitters, but it is just a couple handfuls of names that I see submitting lap times. Even if you prefer to keep an Excel spreadsheet of your lap times, I would think that this app could compliment a spreadsheet, for quick and easy entry which you can then take over to your desktop/laptop and enter into your fancy spreadsheet later.

Glad some of you are enjoying it!

Performance of the car/track search could be very influenced by the speed of your phone. Its not fetching any data over the network for that its just linearly scanning an already in memory db of cars/tracks. There are faster ways to do that but it will be some work.

I hope to find some time to keep adding improvements but nothing major planned right now.

Glad some of you are enjoying it!

Performance of the car/track search could be very influenced by the speed of your phone. Its not fetching any data over the network for that its just linearly scanning an already in memory db of cars/tracks. There are faster ways to do that but it will be some work.

I hope to find some time to keep adding improvements but nothing major planned right now.
Yes, love the app!

Now that I have used it more, it does have a small lag for cars. I would say it is because there is over 1,000 cars!

Again, great app! 👍

Downloaded the app, I'll be adding all my laps from this.

One thing would be nice : a "favorite input" entry in the profile. The controller is always the default one when entering a new lap, and that's the only annoying thing I spotted for me, wheel user.

Otherwise, it's nice and easy to use, nice job :)

EDIT : looks like it won't scroll down further than 25th. Is that intended ?

Last edited:
Downloaded the app, I'll be adding all my laps from this.

One thing would be nice : a "favorite input" entry in the profile. The controller is always the default one when entering a new lap, and that's the only annoying thing I spotted for me, wheel user.

Otherwise, it's nice and easy to use, nice job :)

EDIT : looks like it won't scroll down further than 25th. Is that intended ?

I thought I had the input remembering the last one you used, if not I'll check on this and make sure it's working.

It should scroll lower than 25th, if I look at Nurburgring global results I can see all... wait a second.... yes it's only going up to 25 now. :) That was working before. I did some work to try to start adding pagination support, couldn't get it working but I did push some server side stuff and it looks like it's now limiting to 25 by default. I will fix first change I get thanks for letting me know.

Sorry for not giving feedback from last time, I totally forgot to continue to get lap times in.

So, the 25 firsts only issue is resolved, works fine now. But I can't enter a lap time for Tesla cars : the app won't find them, and crashes when I try to type the name in with PPs manually.

Sorry for not giving feedback from last time, I totally forgot to continue to get lap times in.

So, the 25 firsts only issue is resolved, works fine now. But I can't enter a lap time for Tesla cars : the app won't find them, and crashes when I try to type the name in with PPs manually.

Interesting the Tesla's do not appear to be in the spreadsheet I found and imported to seed the car data. I'm off GT6 and on to XBox One, Alex would you have the time to respond here with the Tesla's exact model names, stock PP, year, drivetrain, and price, I'll can them into the database in the next update.

Latest Posts

Back