Announcing Hotlaps, an Android and Now Mobile Web app for Saving/Sharing Your Laptimes!

I think it's silly that PD didn't build that right into their lap times. It would be easy to have a selection of filters (Up to XXXpp, Tires, drive train, etc. They already have the filters (they are in the garage). I've always maintained that their game design is terrible.

Great work on the app!

Sounds like a good app and would work well in conjunction with @Voodoovaj 's app if only your lap time app was on the app store

It's WAY easier said than done to get o the Apple App store. The worst part is that you need to have a MAC to submit and they aren't cheap. I was lucky to have people who could lend a hand in that department.

Hello Hotlaps users, a moderately big change, there is now a mobile friendly web-ui at https://hotlaps.rm-rf.ca. It's in very preliminary stages, really just add and view global laps right now, but I usually get a little work done on it every weekend. It might even become the primary interface as it's a lot quicker and easier to add features than in Android. (and only slightly more clunky to use)

You will get prompted about a certificate problem the first time you load the app for now, I hope to address this later but for now you just have to tell the browser to accept it and move on.

I suggest Google Chrome on Android, Firefox works but you have to scroll down a little when using the fancy typeaheads to search for car/track before they show up. I've done minimal testing in iOS but it looked good there too.

Let me know if you hit any issues, I hope to add edit and delete lap support soon and then start getting into cooler stuff. (like a class filter system for laptimes, following other users, and showing lots more stats and info)

Also it now supports Project Cars and Forza 6. Cheers!

Back