Any chance of GT5 Prologue Stock Time Trial boards in GT Sport?

• Thread starter chromatic9
  • 12 comments

chromatic9

Premium
England
England
chromatic9
I got a lot of enjoyment from GT5P doing the stock time trial boards or hot lapping if you will. The key part is the stock aspect of the cars that formed the time trial boards in GT5 Prologue.

Sadly they didn't feature in GT5 and I think later on we got some random tuned boards that I couldn't be bothered with and it seemed that was the case for others as well. GT5 after completing the single players races was just a photo app. Contrast to GT5P I spent 3 years playing that game, I even imported the JPN version and enjoyed it much more than GT5.

Do some of you guys remember the Inter Forum time trial we had? Seems to be deleted from GTP now? It was a huge thing pre GT academy that could only be done in GT5 Prologue and it's great stock Time Trial boards. Scaff and others did the judging.

Just wondering if the GT5P stock Time Trial can be suggested to make a return in GT Sport, can some here put that forward to PD or are the many like me who enjoyed that.

I also did online racing in GT5P but with GT Sport focusing on the online, I'm just wondering can it be more GT5P like with a some stuff to do outside of racing online. I can understand racing against AI in these events, grinding for cars etc is quite dated for some but stock TT is something that is part online and part offline.

The car count in GT5P probably helped managing boards. Perhaps pick a few cars from each class? I'm not up to speed wit the car counts in GT Sport but if its 137/187, maybe pick like 60 to form the Stock TT boards with sport, race and normal tyres?

I certainly hope there are leaderboards for every single car/track combination. It gives you an endless variety of challenges that can be done at any time and are not dependent on other people to work like online racing is.

There is plenty of room for user level stuff like that in Sport. It just depends on how much of a general game Kaz wants to make of it versus how strictly he wants to follow an eSports competition model, and the one mentioned the most is iRacing.

The thing is, as Johnny has pointed out previously, the iRacing model doesn't draw a very big crowd, as good as it is. GT Sport also has to sell in numbers to make SONY happy, and help fund GT7. So some of us are thinking that there has to be a little something other than online eSports and spectating, and then a little Arcade Mode part. Something single player in the traditional Gran Turismo sense, if a very basic one. We don't know anything yet, but the thing to do is keep asking for it, just like we all ask for better sounds, better physics, better bots, damage, Livery Editor, etc etc. We keep getting goodies as Gran Turismo goes along, so keep asking. If this kind of stuff isn't there at launch, surely it could be patched in.

The GT5P days were great, lots of good memories. Did it with GT5 & 6 but I didn't have half as much fun.

Would be great if the car/track leaderboards made a return. Wether I'll be involved this time is a different matter...I'm still on the fence with GTS at the moment.

I really like the leaderboard type challenges we have in GT6 seasonals. Except for everyone always using the GSXR-4 and 2J and TS030.

So adding those, even as a weekly challenge, with a set, stock, car and track combo would be one of those added offline components to keep you competing.

I really like the leaderboard type challenges we have in GT6 seasonals. Except for everyone always using the GSXR-4 and 2J and TS030.

So adding those, even as a weekly challenge, with a set, stock, car and track combo would be one of those added offline components to keep you competing.
What you're talking about are Time Trials. Leaderboards are usually open competitions that don't end and, as in Project Cars or through RSR in Assetto Corsa, can involve every car/track combination in the game. Like this. Because they don't end (although resets do happen with major changes to the tire model/physics) you can challenge any leaderboard at any time, challenge friends, issue challenges on the boards here, start your own Leaderboard Challenge thread or club etc. For anyone that likes to hotlap and/or tune, it's an endless series of challenges for bragging rights and measuring your own personal progress.

Yeah, just thinking about making access to the TT and leader-boards something that is formally presented to the players in a staged or logical fashion, even if it's just a random challenge generator.
But like you said keep them open once the next one rolls around.
It could even be a daily challenge.
PD give us a car/ track and whatever rules (tyre choice, tuning, no tuning, etc) everybody jumps on it and has a crack, and each "event" you take part in can contribute towards your Licence level, status, skill level or however we're measured in GTS
But it still remains open for bragging rights, challenges between forum players, racing leagues, etc.

I really like the seasonals format and it's almost the only thing I do on GT6
I've only completed about 20% of the offline career.
having completed GT1,2 and 4 to 100%, I don't feel the need to do the same old races against slow-ass, rubber-banded AI AGAIN.

I'd like to steer clear from GT5/GT6 challenges weekly daily whatever or anything related to GT5/6.

I don't want to sit there and wait for PD to choose F40 at Suzuka or never choose it. GT5 Prologue's stock TT leaderboards is where it's at. You simply select F40 at Suzuka and away you go. Time is at a Premium.

For example as I can't remember the exact car and track count, you had 60 cars 10 tracks. Every car/track combo had it's own leaderboard up from the start and they don't end. You also had the option to filter each tyre, normal , sport and race for every combo.

Stock is another key part of the GT5P leaderboards. Not sure if GT Sport will even have parts to fit but if it does I don't want the leaderboards to be about who found more exploits or spending 30-60 mins trying this and that. GT5P was great to boot up and get lapping straight away and focus on driving.

I have no problem if people or PD want limited curated events which may involve PP or tuning parts. I'm sure PD will be doing such things in the style of GT5/6. I simply want the great GT5P leaderboards back and believe it would add a lot of substance to GT Sport, hell it should've been in GT5, we waited years to do this at the Nurgburgring only for it to be missing from GT5.

Just to add again, I don't mind if it's just 60 cars out 150 or 10-15 tracks out of 20-30 that have GT5 leaderboards, having 200 cars or a 1000 would be silly, as is having a couple of curated ones, both are extremes of spreading it way too thin or hardly pleasing anyone.

Sorry for the bump.

Is there any info if stock GT5 Prologue style time trials have made it into GT Sport or are being considered?

Also we're approaching ten years since GT5p Demo dropped on the JPN PSN and this December was the launch of GT5P on disc in Japan. I imported mine from yesasia and then bought the PAL version in April 2008. Great times. GT5P was a real benchmark at the time.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved that and i was mad that it didn´t showed up in GT5.

It was a great feature that they implemented first in the GT HD Demo.

The key was to force stock settings, so it was all about racing anytime, anywhere. A lot of other games leave the settings opens and it completely deflates the leaderboards because it turns into a tuning game.

I doubt GTS will have this, but the leaderboards in PCars 2 will be a lot better because you can load the settings from the top times, ending the tuning exploits and getting back to just racing and doing the things you guys mentioned in this thread.

I ended up playing GT5 Prologue more than GT5 and 6 combined because of this.

One aspect I often forget though is the price of PSN on PS4.

Gran Turismo probably will soon have the Forza problem. If you want to do a very basic thing of post times or download a livery, you're forced to subscribe. For people like me it simply isn't worth it and PSN has just risen to 60 euro or £50. Yes I'm aware you can find it cheaper but it's still very expensive even at £30-40 just to access some basic functions of GT Sport/Forza on console.

Luckily Forza went to PC so that old problem is gone. GT Sport for me will be some offline driving and photo app so I might as well forget it and look to Forza on PC.

Latest Posts

Back