Any update on selling cars yet?

• Thread starter IcySlivers
  • 280 comments

IcySlivers

(Banned)
United States
United States
Didn’t they say this back in like March? Waiting to get this game but not until they add basic features like selling cars. Kinda crazy it’s still not in the game lmfao. Have they given any indication of when this is supposed to be happening?

Also, in before you can sell cars, but not gifted cars smh 🤦🏻‍♂️

I dont understand why it's so much of a game changer for so many this issue, one day you may need the car you happen to have just sold. And cant buy it for whatever reason then you stumped. So may aswell keep them in the bank. ..just my views

I cant believe it such a simple feature that has been in gran turismo since the beginning.

Getting cut and taking months to add.

Nobody asked for this to get cut. Just shows how out of touch the gaming industry is.

Cut features and then take months to add after that cut even more features later on promote your live service while games are barebones.

Sad times really. GT7 was supposed to be a mix of old and new while being even better and new.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what is the big deal with selling cars? I really don't get the big hoo-hah over it.

In the previous GT games, selling cars is an integral part of the game's economy as you can win prize cars repeatedly. However, prize cars are awarded only one time in GT7, meaning that the ability to sell cars won't have any sort of impact on the game's economy at all. If GT Sport is anything to go by, prize cars can't even be sold for monetary gain. Because prize cars are a one time thing, I don't understand why one would ever come into posession of a car they don't want.

I'm not saying selling cars shouldn't be in the game, I am just genuinely baffled and curious at the outcry for it.

Can someone explain to me what is the big deal with selling cars? I really don't get the big hoo-hah over it.

In the previous GT games, selling cars is an integral part of the game's economy as you can win prize cars repeatedly. However, prize cars are awarded only one time in GT7, meaning that the ability to sell cars won't have any sort of impact on the game's economy at all. If GT Sport is anything to go by, prize cars can't even be sold for monetary gain. Because prize cars are a one time thing, I don't understand why one would ever come into posession of a car they don't want.

I'm not saying selling cars shouldn't be in the game, I am just genuinely baffled and curious at the outcry for it.
I really hope cars from roulette spins can be sold because a lot of people have a whole heckuva heap of NSX Rally Cars but even if they can't, it is advertised that selling cars was in the game since launch, so PD need to stick to their word ASAP or more and more people will lose respect for them.

I really hope cars from roulette spins can be sold because a lot of people have a whole heckuva heap of NSX Rally Cars
They didn't come from roulette spins - and since they weren't actually a necessary part of the infinite engine ticket glitch, anyone with "a whole heckuva heap" of them pretty much has only themselves to blame for that.
it is advertised that selling cars was in the game since launch, so PD need to stick to their word
Actually... it wasn't. Selling was (or rather "sell" if I remember the blurb correctly - "buy, tune, race and sell your way", with no Oxford comma), but selling cars specifically wasn't. Slightly academic as you can't sell anything at all, but an important distinction if you're going to be making an argument (or, as has been posited several times, a lawsuit) based on it.

Also the advertising is on Sony, not PD. SIE handles all promotion and external comms. So really you're calling for PD to stick to SIE's word...

Edit: Some people have really weird reactions to dispassionate, objective information... ↘️

Last edited:
Personally I just like a nicely-curated garage with only the cars I've tuned and intend to drive, and I'd much rather have the credits from all the surplus cars to achieve this.

Generally speaking the hoo-haa is because pre-release it was advertised as having this feature, just like all the previous main GT releases did... Having this feature snuffed out at the eleventh hour without any explanation, along with all the MTX dramas at launch, has left a lot of people (rightly) feeling that it's just another dirty tactic to control the in-game economy and push people towards MTX. Plus the fact we were lied to. It's the principle of the thing.

Last edited:
Personally I just like a nicely-curated garage with only the cars I've tuned and intend to drive, and I'd much rather have the credits from all the surplus cars to achieve this.

Generally speaking the hoo-haa is because pre-release it was advertised as having this feature, just like all the previous main GT releases did... Having this feature snuffed out at the eleventh hour without any explanation, along with all the MTX dramas at launch, has left a lot of people (rightly) feeling that it's just another dirty tactic to control the in-game economy and push people towards MTX. Plus the fact we were lied to. It's the principle of the thing.
For it to be “snuffed out” would suggest it was actually in game at some point but removed, but there is absolutely no evidence of that. Yes the description mentioned “sell” but as famine points out, it didn’t specifically say ‘sell cars‘
Actually... it wasn't. Selling was (or rather "sell" if I remember the blurb correctly - "buy, tune, race and sell your way", with no Oxford comma), but selling cars specifically wasn't. Slightly academic as you can't sell anything at all, but an important distinction if you're going to be making an argument (or, as has been posited several times, a lawsuit) based on it.

Also the advertising is on Sony, not PD. SIE handles all promotion and external comms. So really you're calling for PD to stick to SIE's word...

Have you used the favourites function?

as you can't sell anything at all
Maybe they saw what [Insert eSport Player's Name] was doing with setups on other games and thought people would be so easily parted with their cash on Gran Turismo too, that could pass as selling your way 🤷‍♂️.

For it to be “snuffed out” would suggest it was actually in game at some point but removed, but there is absolutely no evidence of that.
Lmao that's a fair point
Yes the description mentioned “sell” but as famine points out, it didn’t specifically say ‘sell cars‘
Ok now here I disagree. Sure, you can claim they've done no wrong on a technicality however you're hyperfocusing on a single word (or lack of a word) while ignoring the entire context, and context is just a wee bit important.

It was/is stated that "you can buy, tune, race and sell your way through a solo campaign". Buy what? Tune what? Race what? Sell what? They haven't explicitly stated anything here, but it's not reaching at all to say that the obvious subject matter being implied is cars; "buy [cars], tune [cars], race [cars], sell [cars]..." Do you think they decided to suddenly switch subject matter mid-sentence as soon as "sell" was mentioned? Even if they did, it still begs the question: sell what, exactly? So please, give me another reasonable interpretation of this, I'll wait...

I find it rather insulting to suggest that we're somehow at fault of wrongly inferring they were talking about cars...
Have you used the favourites function?
Yep. Still a bunch of cars that I don't want and will never use though. Rather have the credits.

Reminder again to write to the FTC/ASA/equivalent organization about it, as there is a case of false advertising to be made here (and surprisingly not yet acted upon). Promised, advertised feature not delivered in time can also lead to a legal case to be made as with the Intellivision Keyboard Component precedent.
Theoretically, there is a case to be made about how the parts/engines you get from roulette tickets are also sellable items in addition to cars, as the credit values are listed.

It was/is stated that "you can buy, tune, race and sell your way through a solo campaign". Buy what? Tune what? Race what? Sell what? They haven't explicitly stated anything here, but it's not reaching at all to say that the obvious subject matter being implied is cars; "buy [cars], tune [cars], race [cars], sell [cars]..." Do you think they decided to suddenly switch subject matter mid-sentence as soon as "sell" was mentioned? Even if they did, it still begs the question: sell what, exactly? So please, give me another reasonable interpretation of this, I'll wait...

I find it rather insulting to suggest that we're somehow at fault of wrongly inferring they were talking about cars...

Yep. Still a bunch of cars that I don't want and will never use though. Rather have the credits.
With a lack of an object for what you can buy, tune, race, and sell, there is no telling what was meant.

We could buy [parts], tune [parts], race [parts] (admittedly a stretch, could be testing the parts), sell [parts] (remove from car)

or

We could buy [liveries] (we do have to pay for ones with items we do not own), tune [liveries] (adjust those that are not locked), race [liveries], sell [liveries] (share....with people having to pay (buy) for parts you have that they don't even though we receive no proceeds from that)

You cannot infer what was meant since it is so vague to begin with.

Last edited:
I just can't believe micro transactions are the reason behind this...
Also hard to believe there is demand for it, come on, in Europe you pay 10 euro for 750k, that you can get in 25 minutes at Sardegna or Tokyo. Ok, you can say players in lower levels don't have access to this races, but then, also shouldn't have meaningful cars to sell also, so they wouldn't make that much money selling them. The new McLaren MP4/4 would cost 4*20 euro to get 8 mil credits.

I believe they clearly misjudged when decided to increase 700% the mtx from GTS and would make more money on the long run with other strategies, even because we only really to buy the most expensive cars for our ego, as we don't really need most of them, except for collection or emotional bond.

Back