Any update on selling cars yet?

• Thread starter IcySlivers
  • 280 comments
Right, and the garage's terrible sorting options. Doesn't even let you reverse anything which is highly impractical.
Indeed my friend.
I can't believe PD didn't put any attention to the Garage Sorting Options when they make the entire game based on collecting cars and you have over 400 of them.

Every time I want to find a specificc car that doesn't have 1.000 PP+ or any of the extremes (highest year, highest horsepowers, etc), I literally have to click or scroll around unnecessarily for like 10-20 seconds (each time)... I have to go to the manufacturer itself to reduce the amount of scrolling I would've had to do otherwise. Ridiculous.

Favourites only works on... favourites. How about when you need to use a car that is not part of your favourites? I swear sometimes people don't use their brain.
I was not aware of that. The fog is lifting.
Yeah, I bought the VGT cars just for them to appear on the "Collection" list to get that 100% car collection rate... Now I have to be stuck with them forever even though I won't be using any of them aside from the Tomahawks. That's over 40 extra clutter...

Favourites only works on... favourites. How about when you need to use a car that is not part of your favourites? I swear sometimes people don't use their brain.
If you want to respond to me then quote me.

What’s stopping you from putting said car in favourites, then? You say people sometimes don’t use their brain and then you want to have every car twice (at least). Because that’s supposedly using the brain?

Indeed my friend.
I can't believe PD didn't put any attention to the Garage Sorting Options when they make the entire game based on collecting cars and you have over 400 of them.

Every time I want to find a specificc car that doesn't have 1.000 PP+ or any of the extremes (highest year, highest horsepowers, etc), I literally have to click or scroll around unnecessarily for like 10-20 seconds (each time)... I have to go to the manufacturer itself to reduce the amount of scrolling I would've had to do otherwise. Ridiculous.

Yeah, I bought the VGT cars just for them to appear on the "Collection" list to get that 100% car collection rate... Now I have to be stuck with them forever even though I won't be using any of them aside from the Tomahawks. That's over 40 extra clutter...
Regarding the garage,it would be good if we could organise cars into sub-garages.EG.cars for lemans,tokyo etc and name them as such.Just my 2 pence.

We need ability to sell cars and trash the car invites for cars you already have and parts you dont have a car for. Completely useless to get those invites and parts. Or just put everything under the sell option. Can sell those useless parts and sell the invite. You're literally getting nothing when getting an invite for a car you already own.
Problem is, some may want duplicates of those invite cars and can't get them otherwise. However, yes, I'd like a bin option for the invites.

Just so I'm not derailing the Grind thread, moved the cnvo here:

I'm hoping it'll be so that you can put your own cars on an online marketplace, where the price is determined by Sport Mode stats like how many times it's finished in the top 5, or perhaps how many gold/silver/bronze finishes it's scored in Online Time Trials. It'd give players a reason to use their own cars instead of always renting, but then it'd also give them a bit of an internal debate: do they put the car up for auction, or hold on it and cherish the memories they've made with that individual car? This same hypothetical update that'd introduce all this could also break down those Sport Mode stats for each and every car you have, so you can view a car and see how many times you've won Sport Mode races with that particular vehicle, for example.
It'll be interesting how PD handle original and modified cars.

I have the original blue 911 GT1(can't recall the kilometers when acquired and I'm not in front of the game to check how many on the dial today). There are some setting sheets I've made, as I raced it good amount after buying it. Only oil changes and washes. Sits in the garage and maybe I drive it once in a couple weeks. Thing is, I've got all the tyre compounds, all bolt on/off parts, all Suspension and gearing options. Main problem, I inadvertently added the crankshaft in the early stages of tuning it.
Contemplated buying a new engine at the time and just left it. I'm not concerned about the current raised price to buy a new engine, but rather, my selling price. I'm not going to sell it, but concerned about its value.

Someone with the same 911 GT1, comparable mileage, parts, etc, but haven't touched the engine. How will PD handle that? If my car was put on the market, it's possible it could just sit there, with no one wanting to shell out for a new engine. again, I'm not going to sell, but would be interesting how that would work.

I know it's wishful thinking but it would be cool if the resale cost increased if the car was successful in big races. Like if a top player uses it in Sport Mode it would be the equivalent of a legendary driver racing it in real life. It would also help the best of the best not need to worry about grinding for credits and just focus on getting faster.

I know it's wishful thinking but it would be cool if the resale cost increased if the car was successful in big races. Like if a top player uses it in Sport Mode it would be the equivalent of a legendary driver racing it in real life. It would also help the best of the best not need to worry about grinding for credits and just focus on getting faster.
The selling feature is expected to be a little more in-depth than expected. But your suggestion seems very difficult to monitor & control.

I’m surprised upgrades are going to be taken into account when you appraise a car. Together with mileage and so on.

The selling feature is expected to be a little more in-depth than expected. But your suggestion seems very difficult to monitor & control.

I’m surprised upgrades are going to be taken into account when you appraise a car. Together with mileage and so on.
Will we be able to negotiate the prices? :)

Or will PD control the credits with low-ball pricing?

Soooooo, wonder can I sell my LCD cars in the UCD and those get cycled. Most likely they’ll disappear into that PD server abyss, but hey, it’d be something if PD did throw them back in the buying pool.

The big question though is can prize cars be sold? If so I'm set for over 100 days and I think some people will be for years.

Points of Caution​

You can only sell one car of the same model every 24 hours with the Car Valuation Service. If you attempt to appraise and sell duplicate cars within a 24 hour period you will be notified that “You can no longer sell copies of this model for today.” It is possible to Discard duplicate cars at no cost.

The following cars cannot be sold using the Car Valuation Service:
 ・The car you are currently driving
 ・Cars loaned from the Manufacturers Cup
 ・Cars received from pre-order and Special Edition bonuses, downloadable content (DLC), etc.
So will take me a couple of weeks to get rid of all my NSX Gr. B duplicates. Sucks for those with over 200.

So, some may have to think about do they want that Ferrari VGT. Might be cool to try it out and then be stuck with it.

The big question though is can prize cars be sold? If so I'm set for over 100 days and I think some people will be for years.
So will take me a couple of weeks to get rid of all my NSX Gr. B duplicates. Sucks for those with over 200.
My heart is bleeding for you, guys. Seriously? Look at it this way - you get a guaranteed extra six-figure sum of credits every day you log on to GT7 for the next 100 or 200 (or however many times you used the exploit) days.

Chances were you might not be able to sell prize cars at all. Now you can, and you still complain. I guess you will only be happy, if they implement a button that instantly gives you 20 million as often as you press it.

1669277235750.jpeg

Back