Any update on selling cars yet?

• Thread starter IcySlivers
  • 280 comments
Not a fan of this.

It would be ok if they added a better search function for cars.

Scrolling through all of the cars to find the one you want to sell is an unnecessary pain.

I think most would be happier if you could just sell the cars from the garage like GT Sport. Much easier and user friendly.

You have some options to sort the list. Not only by price but also for make, country itp It would definately help serching for that car you want to sell

Still pretty simple though!
You know what's even more simple? A button you can press, when viewing the car in the garage list, to sell it instantly. Or a pop-up menu with an option to sell. This would also remove the need to unlock the Used Car Dealership in order to access the feature. What exactly does the price fluctuating actually offer in terms of gameplay other than potentially losing out on even more money than you usually would by selling? It's needlessly complex. Which sums up PDs approach to game development perfectly and I'm becoming less and less of a fan with each release.

Last edited:
So I was thinking that limit of 1 car per model per day has reset with daily marathon (ticket). I was wrong. You have to wait 24 hours before selling next car.
Glad to see I'm not the only one to notice that. Not entirely sure I like it.

On the upside, my stock of NSX' (aka Daily Log In Bonus plus) will last a bit longer.

Around 200 cars increased their value from yesterday and more than 200 decreased their value from yesterday. I am only curious if it is perfect split but I am too lazy to count it again because I lost focus around 160th car with increased value :D (there are 449 cars in game).

I guess it is a wet dream for someone who loves statistics 🤣 .

Last edited:
The game says that I can no longer sell an NSX Gr.B today, even though I sold the last one yesterday. I suspect there's actually a 24 hour countdown that begins the moment you sell a car and you can't sell that same car until the countdown has finished. There PD go again with their janky explanations.

I think they've implemented this in a cool way. Taking a look at market fluctuations daily is interesting... BUT it can be even better if we could "invest" buying some of the rarer, special cars and making money on them... but that's impossible right now because of the huge devaluation...
like someone stated above, even if they took so long, having those weird little things is part of GT's charm.

Last edited:
I think this feature, although very cool, will mostly be useful to me if/when I win a car that I either already have, or is in a color I don't really like. For example, I already had the white Porsche Taycan from the license tests, and then sometime much later, I got a blue one from a roulette ticket, so I sold that second one.

I also have four Stroke Up S parts for the Honda NSX Type R '02, so I'm sort of wondering if I should buy at least one more of those, install one of the extra Stroke Up S parts, and then maybe flip it? I doubt it'd be worth it, but I'm very curious.

EDIT: I mean, unless we get a car where we can swap the 2002 NSX Type R's engine into - where I could have an alternative use for the Stroke Up S - then I feel like there's no use for these parts when I could potentially win the engine from the NSX GT500 '16 and put it into that car instead of tuning the stock engine with the Stroke Up S. Maybe we'll be able to put the 2002 NSX Type R's engine into the Honda S2000 or S660, who knows?

Last edited:
So I was thinking that limit of 1 car per model per day has reset with daily marathon (ticket). I was wrong. You have to wait 24 hours before selling next car.
Is it really 24 hours? I thought it was a fixed time zone somewhere on the planet that dictates the “new day” for selling cars. But daily reward is for me at midnight in winter time 1 AM in summer time.

By the way if people believe the prices go up and down depending on actual supply and demand, I hope the following 2 screenshot show different. Screenshots are both taken on Sunday Nov 27th so the last 3 days since version 1.26 rolled out “supposedly“ are already with community updates.

A00DF9F1-9ED5-4802-BA08-CA99C0A2A33A.jpeg

8B9E1830-4135-469F-9351-01B9A70DF025.jpeg

No way that Z 432 has been sold so much more than the NSX Gr.B. 😉

So it’s the same as the daily roulette tickets… all rigged 😎

Last edited:
I also have four Stroke Up S parts for the Honda NSX Type R '02, so I'm sort of wondering if I should buy at least one more of those, install one of the extra Stroke Up S parts, and then maybe flip it? I doubt it'd be worth it, but I'm very curious.
The NSX will cost you 500,000. When you sell it, you will probably get 200,000. So, unless you think the tuning parts will increase the car's resale value by 300,000, this will be a bad bargain.

Is it really 24 hours? I thought it was a fixed time zone somewhere on the planet that dictates the “new day” for selling cars. But daily reward is for me at midnight in winter time 1 AM in summer time.
It is really 24 hours. I was selling cars on Friday at 2:00 PM and on Saturday around 2:00 PM I wasn't able to sell some cars and I had to wait few minutes before selling them.

By the way if people believe the prices go up and down depending on actual supply and demand, I hope the following 2 screenshot show different. Screenshots are both taken on Sunday Nov 27th so the last 3 days since version 1.26 rolled out “supposedly“ are already with community updates.

View attachment 1211190

View attachment 1211189

No way that Z 432 has been sold so much more than the NSX Gr.B. 😉

So it’s the same as the daily roulette tickets… all rigged 😎
As suspected. The amount of data they would have to store and process to do this genuniely would be monumental, much easier to just program a semi-random algorithm.

Last edited:
January 5, the day I got the FXX K, it was appraised at 1,777,000. A week later, it’s up to 2,128,650.
Only 161km. No wall rubs from the one race I did at Tokyo. One race at La Sarthe. All tyre compounds except CH, CM, RM, RS.
66381C3F-3F37-48AF-9638-708623B9C202.jpeg

Again, real shame we can’t gift or at least the cars go into a pool of some kind, when sold.

That is actually the most valuable non-legendary you can get. Congratulations!
Just had a look and both FXX K and P1 are 3.6mil. I thought the price of the P1 was 5mil, judging by the appraisal figure. That’s crazy.

I know it’s been wished and suggested, but this is where a used market for these cars should come into play. Not having to hope and dream for certain invite cars, but sold cars should cycle in the UCD too. Having them available in both markets is a win. The P1 isn’t a new car and should be treated like rare cars, such as the NSX R ‘02.
The FXX K I sold, should cycle as a HOT car once a month. Something like that.

Just had a look and both FXX K and P1 are 3.6mil. I thought the price of the P1 was 5mil, judging by the appraisal figure. That’s crazy.

I know it’s been wished and suggested, but this is where a used market for these cars should come into play. Not having to hope and dream for certain invite cars, but sold cars should cycle in the UCD too. Having them available in both markets is a win. The P1 isn’t a new car and should be treated like rare cars, such as the NSX R ‘02.
The FXX K I sold, should cycle as a HOT car once a month. Something like that.
Did you sell them because you have duplicates or just because you don't want them? I'd be hanging on to both of them, personally!

Did you sell them because you have duplicates or just because you don't want them? I'd be hanging on to both of them, personally!
They’re not my cup of tea. I really adored the 911 GT1 and you can see it’s not there. Probably the best cars in the game are the Group C cars and those are gone. I’m just not using them. I can’t Get enough of the Group A cars. I flip back to Assetto Corsa and PC2 for the E30 and 190E. Once we get, hopefully, the 190E, I’m deleting both those games. It’s that serious.
The F-XX-K is a great car for those times when the grind gets monotonous.
Definitely a nice car, but the freakin’ hybrid runs out to quick, a bit annoying. However, I felt it was the easiest hyper car drive. Looked and sounded sweet in replays. ;) I use the unsellable RB 25th, when I need credits.
Amazing luck @05XR8 :cheers::)
Nearly a year? I guess… :lol: Seriously, like I said before, it would have been in your gift box.

The Porsche 918 Spyder is currently trending up can be sold for 1.1 mil, up from a low of 770k nearly two weeks ago.

I don’t study the resale value of cars that much, but the 918 in brand central is 1.6 million, so approximately 69% resale value. Not a bad hit if you’re looking to sell.

Is it just me or the concept of selling cars over-rated in GT7? As someone that has sold over 600 cars, and made millions, the feature's implementation feels like a punch in the gut with fluctuating car values that never seem to go higher than the car's base price, toppled with cars in the dealerships that take weeks/months to appear again.

The current implementation with the graphs and fluctuating values gives the illusion that you could profit from car selling, but reality is you don't actually profit it from doing this at all as if you were to sell your cars you'd be forced to wait weeks and/or months for a car to appear again so you could buy it, effectively punishing the player for car selling.

Last edited:
Back