Anyone else have their game lock up or crash?

• Thread starter jizzmirk
  • 10 comments
Snaykinn
Snaykinn
I meant to post this earlier this morning. I was having a short go on Test 37 before work and prior to loading the test (the white screen with the test name and gold times), the game locked up on me.

That was the second time it's happened. The first came RIGHT AFTER I got a gold on the NSX cone test when I tried to save the replay. The only thing that relates to the two is that I let the game sit through and play the "attract mode" a few times before actually trying to play. But since I usually start up my PS2 and leave it running for a bit before actually playing - the similarity above is not in the least bit consistent.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else because I'd like to avoid this in the future (if there is a common cause).

If you modded your ps2 to play prologue, you may have have tugged on the cd ribbons too hard when you tried to remove the cd player. Open your ps2 again and make sure the copper colored ribbon cable is snug tight into the cd player. I had the same experience before too, until I opened uo my ps2 and did notice that it wasn't snug tight.

No, I'm using a Japanese PS2. It's a brand new Ceramic White GT4P Racing Pack edition so I'm so enthusiastic about cracking it open to see if everything is snug. ;)

I too have the GT4P Racing pack & GT Force pro wheel, no freezes yet, but I appreciate the warning.
I have had the steering bug happen several times, the Lancia @ Citta di Aria test mostly.
How are we going to exchange the game for the correct version?
Play-Asia.com (where I got my Racing Pack) isn't being very helpful....

Well, I guess that's not a good sign then. :)

TTPrius, I don't plan on trading my GT4:P back - it's kinda set apart from the other copies in that it says "Racing Pack" on it. Add to that is the fact that I'm not going to be getting the wheel for a while. I suppose that if it bugs me enough, I'll just get a new copy of GT4:P - but as far as I know, it should follow the same rules of trading in.

hey, are u playing GT4P with the PS2 set sideways? I was having some crashing issues before when I was playing GT4P set upright, (stupid spinning redline thingy!!!) but after I set it flat, it hasn't crashed even once. Hope that helps!!

Yes Jrunken, my PS2 is set upright. I haven't had any crashes yet, but I get one more - I'll be setting it flat. Thanks for the suggestion.

My game is also crashing now. It started crashing right after test number 29. Right after I win, it saves and freezes up, and sometimes it will load the you won screen, but usually I have to force a restart. I have a Magic 3.1 chip

lifestream, sorry - I've got nothing to help you at the moment. Is the crash constantly happening on that particular test? Are you going to golds? Have you tried changing your PS2's position?

Back