Anyone getting the slowdown before the race starts?

No46_TheDoctor or SSRacingUK
When the countdown goes from 321 to start I get a weird slowdown, then it's all fine. Once or twice it didn't do it, anyone else get this?

Wondering if it's my memory stick, as when the game is slow I can see the memory stick access light flashing, its a Sony one though.

United States
Concord MA
DiGiTaL_
Digital_L30
I get the same issue, only after i installed the game on the memory stick itself. The lad times are much quicker but there is that slight "slow-motion" effect on the starts. A sacrifice i'm willing to make though..

Try backing up your MS, formatting it, running CheckDisk on it, load everything back up and then defragmenting it. That should solve it.

No46_TheDoctor or SSRacingUK
I get the same on both the 1000, and 2000 models, just tied it down to my memosry stick, turns out my official Sony one is slow as hell, changed to a lexar one and it's lightning fast.

My Sony one was formatted before I installed GT PSP, so it's deffinately the speed of the card, it's a 4 Gig one too :(

United States
Concord MA
DiGiTaL_
Digital_L30
guys i've found a solution (at least for my PSP-1001) I turned the Race BGM Off anf the problem was sorted out, the game runs great now. :) I hope this helps for you guys :)