Anyone have this game yet?

• Thread starter MazKid
  • 22 comments

MazKid

Powered by 2 BP-ZE Mazdas
Staff Emeritus
Just wondering if I should buy it or not...I looked at it quickly at Best Buy, and it looked cool...

Is it a good game?

Yes!!! It is excellent - the best rally simulation I've ever seen. The in-car camera shots are deceptively realistic, and to top things off, each car has it's own unique sound, which happens to be the exact same way it sounds on TV! It's challenging to pick up, but the satisfaction of swinging around the corners of Alpine roads on your way to Monte Carlo as snow falls, peering between the windshield wipers on a increasingly dirty windshield is very satisfying!

Sounds sweet! "If I had a 50 dollar, I'd buy me this game."(from that song...)

Man, I need some money!

Never heard of the game, but after reading Jordan's description of it I really want it.:D

Yeah ive seen this game in action. IT LOOKS SWEEEEEEEEET with all the extra EEE's SwEEEEEt. :lol: I have to get this game soon.

Yes, buying this game would definitely be a good idea. I've got a great video of it on my computer at home, but I can't remember now where I downloaded it, so I'll upload it to GTP tonight so you guys can see this game in motion. To be honest, it's what made me buy it!

I've rented this game before. I've been wanting to buy it but I've been broke here lately. Hopefully I can get some money soon. WRC is better than Rallisport which I already have.

Hey, Jordan, could you please do all of us a favor, and let us know when you upload the video by posting in this thread again? Thank you. I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but I really want to see the vid.;):D

Originally posted by Jordan
Yes!!! It is excellent - the best rally simulation I've ever seen. The in-car camera shots are deceptively realistic, and to top things off, each car has it's own unique sound, which happens to be the exact same way it sounds on TV! It's challenging to pick up, but the satisfaction of swinging around the corners of Alpine roads on your way to Monte Carlo as snow falls, peering between the windshield wipers on a increasingly dirty windshield is very satisfying!

Jordan, I agree it has nice graphics and realistic camera shots, but the physics, damage models are ****e ! And shame they couldn't get the licence for Colin McRae's name. Nice game but its dissapointing, and Gronholm performed no where near 11th and 12 places last year :mad:

Hey, Jordan, could you please do all of us a favor, and let us know when you upload the video by posting in this thread again? Thank you. I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but I really want to see the vid.
I will, but it's going to take a while as it's a pretty large file for my modem.

Jordan, I agree it has nice graphics and realistic camera shots, but the physics, damage models are ****e ! And shame they couldn't get the licence for Colin McRae's name. Nice game but its dissapointing, and Gronholm performed no where near 11th and 12 places last year
I guess I don't know my physics, then...it certainly doesn't dissapoint me. And I don't usually have damage on my car, so that's not really an issue. :P :D

The game is great! I beat it on the first time I rented it though!!!!!! It is hard and it has great graphics! I would rent it and see if you want it but you wont be disappointed. The game-play is solid. :)

Originally posted by Jordan
I will, but it's going to take a while as it's a pretty large file for my modem.

Ah, yes, the joy of a 56k modem!:P

Just picked this game up for Father's Day. Hubba hubba...this is what I've been waiting for!

I'll post a different thread with my thoughts.

Back