anyone here have the gt2 intro video?

• Thread starter fwdtamiya
  • 21 comments
I wouldn't mind having it either, I would download it off IGN but they want money for it. :irked:

Or does anyone know how to rip it straight from the PS1?

If no one else has it for you by tonight I can record it when I get home for you in about 6 hours. I am sure someone has it though.
EDIT: At around 6:00-6:30 EST I will make this video.

I just posted the GT2 Intro Movie on my site. Just click in my sig where it sais "my car and game videos site"
It is called GT2 Intro Movie and it can be viewed at 200%. Enjoy :)

Is that the NTSC/J intro or the PAL intro? because it definately isn't the NTSC/UC intro. the music is s way off. It's the same song but it's set to the movie way different.

Its not the pal version. I can take pics of the game tonight when I get home to verify exactly what version it is. I borrowed it from my brother a few months ago. I recorded this right off of the ARCADE disk. Do you think that could be the difference?

I have the first version of the game I guess. the one with mark martins taurus and the "garage delete/first slot car mess up" bug. The intro is only on the arcade disk for me. if I had a capture card I'd show you, but I cant describe the differences. oh yeah, and it's NTSC/UC. That is the N.A. version.

p.s. I have gotten one of those messed up, 14000 hp cars to work. the drive shaft is unequiped. you just have to go back into the settings and equip a driveshaft and it goes like stink.

Where do you look on the disk or cover to tell what version it is? I think I asked this before but I was never told. There is a thread somewhere that asks what versions everyone has but I just never knew what one it was. :dunce:

I am at home now and here is a pic of the game. It is the NTSC U/C version.
ntsc8fo.jpg

Hmm. Well, it could be any number of things. I live in the states, do you live in canada? It could be a later version of the game. Hey they took out the nascar taurus race mod, why not change the intro vidio. Yours is the greatest hits version, mine's not. Personaly I'm baffeled though. I dont get why they would change it. The vidio apears to be the same, although I've not watched them simultainiously. But the audio is just a bit off. In my version you hear more car sounds throughout the movie, like when the focus rallycar powers around the corner. And it ends on a different part of the song. The gitar thing instead of the slow part. And actualy, you don't hear the engines at the end of the movie, like in your version.

Once again, I'm prevented from downloading by a relatively stupid Flash site that's under the impression I don't have a recent update of WMP. Still ain't figured out the whole right-click, save-as thing, eh?

inferno
I have the first version of the game I guess. the one with mark martins taurus and the "garage delete/first slot car mess up" bug. The intro is only on the arcade disk for me. if I had a capture card I'd show you, but I cant describe the differences. oh yeah, and it's NTSC/UC. That is the N.A. version.

p.s. I have gotten one of those messed up, 14000 hp cars to work. the drive shaft is unequiped. you just have to go back into the settings and equip a driveshaft and it goes like stink.

You got one to work, you say... Interesting. I should give my 18,000 rpm, 54,000 hp, 22 lb mutants a try, then ;). Physically, it should go....damn fast.

Yep. Mine was a 22B too. When you press the gas the needle spins around in circles and the engine sound is like supersonic beeping. all it needed to go was a drive shaft. the space was blank instead of saying N/A, or normal, or carbon, or whatever. just equip a shaft to connect your tranny to your diff and off you go. sometimes it would take off backwards on me but when it did go forward It was just crazy.

inferno
Hmm. Well, it could be any number of things. I live in the states, do you live in canada? It could be a later version of the game. Hey they took out the nascar taurus race mod, why not change the intro vidio. Yours is the greatest hits version, mine's not. Personaly I'm baffeled though. I dont get why they would change it. The vidio apears to be the same, although I've not watched them simultainiously. But the audio is just a bit off. In my version you hear more car sounds throughout the movie, like when the focus rallycar powers around the corner. And it ends on a different part of the song. The gitar thing instead of the slow part. And actualy, you don't hear the engines at the end of the movie, like in your version.
I live in Michigan like it sais under my avatar. No I dont live in Canada.
Mabey it has something to do with the way I recorded the audio. I have no idea and I will be deleting it after today.
Jedi2016
Once again, I'm prevented from downloading by a relatively stupid Flash site that's under the impression I don't have a recent update of WMP. Still ain't figured out the whole right-click, save-as thing, eh?
I do it like this so you cant view it. J/K I know all about the right click save as thing and I will be willing to do it if you want to buy me a site to host the videos on. Until then I will do it like this. :)

I live in Michigan like it sais under my avatar. No I dont live in Canada.

Sorry. Ha you know, it's not exactly my first impulse to look over there to see where somebody lives. Usualy "location" isn't there and if it is it's something stupid like "infront of my computer" or something like that. You know how it is.

:dunce:

Back