anyone here shoot guns?

do any of you guys here shoot for fun, for target practice, or hunting? i do about once or twice a month with my dad's gun, and I hunt year round with my pellet guns. i have a 10 pump bb/pellet gun, and a 12 shot semi auto. both shoot around 600 fps, but the semi auto is more accurate. my dad has a .22 rifle and hand gun, a .357 magnum, a winchester rifle like the cowboys used (i think .38), he has a blunder bust (1700's pirate type gun, muzzle loaded). i know he has more somewhere, but im not exactly sure what

I shoot for fun and pest control with my pellet rifle. It shoots about 800fps, and I use hollowpoint pellets. I can multi-shot single holes (well, almost, it ends up being a slightly larger hole) at mid-range.

I shoot when I can. :D

Personally, I only own 1 gun.
A .22 remington 550-1 (made up to the year 197?) and I rarely shoot it since it has been so long since it was shot and cleaned.

However, my brother has a relatively new Ruger 10-22 (10 shot semi-auto .22).

Then of course there is my dad who has several firearms of various types. :confused:
Well, actually, I know what most are but don't feel I need to post them... ;)
(although I will admit that 1 is a .223 :mischievous: ) :lol:

Hope you guys enjoy the fun time with them and remember to be super safe about it. :D

btw, I don't hunt or kill, just target shooting. ;)

anyone here shoot guns?
No, I use guns as sticks to hit people.

The only chances I get to fire any sort of weapon are the gas powered BB full auto at the fair where you have to shoot out the red star on paper.

I get to shott the 22 every once in a while, but mostly use my .177 calibur BB pistol that I got this morning. (have already used 4 Co2 carts this morning.):)

I...
hunt pheasant and deer.
shoot stray animals that wonder onto my yard, like skunk and rabbits.
shoot target and sporting clays.

I own...
Remington 870 12 ga. w/birdshot and rifled slug barrels
Wetherby 12 ga. Pump (G-pa gave it to me)
Breach action single shot 410 (G-pa gave it to me)
Springfield 03 30.06 w/scope (G-pa gave it to me)
Semi-Auto .22 rifle w/scope (Other G-pa gave it to me)
Bolt action single shot .22 rifle (Other G-pa gave it to me)

I would like...
Colt .45

I am lucky enough to have a friend that is very into guns and shooting. He and his dad built their own rifle and pistol ranges on their property because finding a place to shoot a 30.06 can be difficult.

my cousin has a .243 winchester that we shoot when we go to arkansas. i am friggin deadly with the thing. i hit 5 of 7 targets on the dot (a small red dot that we drew on the board with a red sharpie), with the other 2 being an inch or less away. this is from very long range too. it takes like 2 or 3 minutes to walk out to the target. we do have a scope....but it is still pretty far. you can just barely see the red dot through the scope. i have a video of when i shot this piece of ice from their porch. dead-on yet again. its fun stuff, indeed.

gt3 drifter
I use bb guns coz there a lot cheaper and I can shoot my little sister and it wont kill her and there legal to bring them everywhere.

....and you're a moron. dont ever point a gun at anybody (unless it's a supersoaker or something. lol)

I used to be a big time hunter / out door sportsman...

had a .303 British with full wood stock, bayonette and 15 shot clip ( quite illegal )used for moose hunting

had a 30-30 Winchester lever action with a browning scope ( accurate as hell up to about 230 yards ! ) That was for the deer

Single shot 4-10 shot gun ( for squirels in the yard that the dog treed

Pump action 20 gauge with pistol grip ( for coolness sake, used for rabbit and partridge )

Double barrel 10 gauge monster for the ducks and geese...

Have since stopped hunting, sold or gave away all my guns, and now only shoot animals with a camera !

Omnis
....and you're a moron. dont ever point a gun at anybody (unless it's a supersoaker or something. lol)
I dont just go "heyhey claire (my sis) think fast" the only gun i shoot her with is a bb gun I got in england that is spring loaded so I could shoot myself and it wouldent hurt and I usualy shoot squrells or cats or rabbits.

Up at my cabin we have a 12 gauge with slugs. Well, the first two are buck shots, and if that dosn't teach whatever it is a lesson....BOOM.

I don't actually own any guns, but I've fired just about everything. BBGuns (der, I think everyone shoots these at some point), .22's, .45's, 9mm's, shotguns (20/12-guage), rifles (M16A2 and a host of bolt-action rifles of various calibers), crew-served weapons (M240G, M60, etc), M203, and the Mk19 "crowd pleaser".. fully automatic 40mm grenade launcher. :D

Probably a few others in there I can't remember right now.. Four years in the Marines, and all the weapons sort of blur together. I've shot a bunch of stuff. And shot up a bunch of stuff.. hehe.

I sort of have a gun. Its mine but i can actually own it to i get my gun license. Its a .22 long rifle.My dad owns some old single shot .22 hornet that was his dads gun (I use this gun more than my gun). We go hunting for kangaroos during the day at a big block of land, We have a few shots at the roos,we miss and they run :(. Then it we put MORE holes in a HR holden :P.

Cheers.

Silverzone
I get to shott the 22 every once in a while, but mostly use my .177 calibur BB pistol that I got this morning. (have already used 4 Co2 carts this morning.):)
BB pistols are sweet. I'll admit they are addicting too! :sly: When I (very rarely) go hunting I use a 30/30. Usually I just pick up my box of pellets and go shoot my air rifle though; it's a Gamo air rifle, shoots 1000 fps.

Just the other day I was out at our pond and I was trying to shoot some birds or something. (I had a scope mounted but I took it off to try out some new laser pointer thing that didn't work worth a crap. Lately I've just been using open sights, but I'm mising one of my glowy things that helps you line the shot up, so basically I need to get around to putting my scope back on.) :guilty:

I own a Kimber Compact Custom .45 ACP that I only shoot at paper targets.

That Jedi guy is a moron for shooting his sister, even if it is just a BB gun.

Taowulf
... That Jedi guy is a moron for shooting his sister, even if it is just a BB gun.

Ummm... if you're going to slam someone try to slam the right person...

drifter is the one that thinks it is funny to shoot his sister...
gt3 drifter
I use bb guns coz there a lot cheaper and I can shoot my little sister and it wont kill her and there legal to bring them everywhere.

I don't see anything in Jedi's post about sister shooting...
Jedi2016
I don't actually own any guns, but I've fired just about everything. BBGuns (der, I think everyone shoots these at some point), .22's, .45's, 9mm's, shotguns (20/12-guage), rifles (M16A2 and a host of bolt-action rifles of various calibers), crew-served weapons (M240G, M60, etc), M203, and the Mk19 "crowd pleaser".. fully automatic 40mm grenade launcher. :D

Probably a few others in there I can't remember right now.. Four years in the Marines, and all the weapons sort of blur together. I've shot a bunch of stuff. And shot up a bunch of stuff.. hehe.

had a .303 British with full wood stock, bayonette and 15 shot clip ( quite illegal )used for moose hunting
lmao- let me guess....

1916 Springfield?! :lol: ...did it replace your Ross????! :lol:

[snip]​

Have since stopped hunting, sold or gave away all my guns, and now only shoot animals with a camera !

Yah, my mom convinced a town of hicks to start using camera's. It's quite funny because after 1987, the deer population has like tripled.

Omnis

Or an airsoft gun

I have a Replica Colt M4 that fires BB's at around 350fps and 16 rounds per second

Heres a pic

I'm the one behind the pole :ouch:

I've got a water pistol and I can spray water at least 2 metres!

...don’t really approve of shooting animals

must be an American thing!

good luck with whatever you want to a shoot, could be useful to have if I come across the B**Stards that keep bombing London, although it is illegal to own guns in this country.

anyone here shoot guns?

Yeah me, with a special permission (I have to be 18 for rifles, had to make a check, iam not previously convicted etc...)
Iam allowed to own and shoot rifles, handguns are a different story.

So far I have a original Mauser k98 8mm Mauser dated back to 1944, with mint finish, but its a real shooter with S&B ammo! Low recoil even with the hardest ammo but very powerful.....got it for 600€. It need an rebluing!

However, I also have a .22magnum and a .22lr which are target guns, both repeater, the .22magnums (CZ) accuracy is fine with Winchester super X's 40grain FMJ, the .22 (Toz) is quiet picky with the ammo, it doesnt like high velocityammo, sub sonics are fine.:dopey:
Still have to test the winchester 40grain HP's at the shooting range.

I want to buy a .30-06 or a 223 for plinking, but I dont know wich one. Maybe a CZ?:scared:

And of course Iam allowed to shoot the guns of my father, he has a Ruger Super redhawk .454Casull, that thing makes you hand sore after a couple of shots, but its a pain to clean off that dirt at the cylinder.
The Glock 35 (Chambered in .40S&W) is a nice shooter too, very accurate an 100% reliable, tough nothing spectacular.

Before you think ''That kid got guns, RUN!'', Iam absolutely aware of the dangers of a gun and I know the basic rules. :)
(Thread every firearm as loaded, dont point a gun at anything you wont want to destroy......)

Hell Yeah!!!!

Gosh darn raight I shoot me sum guns! I'm frum da South and thats all we live fer!

I own my fair share of firearms. Mostly Rifles:
Ruger 10/22 - first Rifle. The best semi-auto .22 rifle out there.
Mosin Nagant Carbine(M44)- My second favorite of my collection.
Winchester Trapper (.45 colt)- My favorite rifle. 16" barrell, 9 round magazine, no kick, and lever action, it's a dream.
Remington 710(.270) bought it for hunting but never got around to hunting :(
Sprinfield GI model 1911- My 21st b-day present to mysefl :) I love 1911s and I wanted to own the greatest handgun ever made!

Ruger 10/22 - first Rifle. The best semi-auto .22 rifle out there.
!

I guess you mod the hell out of it am I right? There is no single stock 10/22....:sly:

What 10/22 do you own? The new 16,5'' small carbine, the 18'' without barrel band or the old 18'' with barrel band?

at this place in rural pennsylvania ive shot all these guns over a years time (there were no full auto ones, sadly(illigal))

colt .45
beretta m9
2 different ak 47s
many different m16s
israili uzi
soviet sks
g3 rifle
m1 garand
glock model 17
.38 revolver
.44 magnum
sig sauer pistol
many different 12 gaug shotguns (scout camp)
many .22 rifles (they suck)(scout camp)
civil war musket (i even loaded it at boy scout camp back in the day)

look at my avatar:tup:

Back