Anyone here?

• Thread starter Onikaze
  • 37 comments
Why are the forums for this game so dead?

I am so enthralled with EPR that I can't bring myself to play GT4 anymore, hell I gave it away to the son of a friend, maybe he can get some enjoyment out of it.

Got a Madcatz Microcon Pedal set up as a clutch, I run the Nurburgring or DR 5 or 6 times a night when I get off work, even managed to get my girlfriend driving and impressed with the game...

Where's the love?

Do you happen to know if the game supports widescreen? Is anyone playing with a widescreen TV?

i'm expecting a flat TV and it'd be a shame if the game doesn't wrap around the entire screen.

most users are prob playing the game.
i only bought a copy 3 days ago and im hooked.
like many people here i was looking for an alternative to gt4.
im going thru all the posts atm looking for hints.
nothing in the manual about widescreen switching either so i dunno

I usually check in here everyday too, but it's been extra slow here latley I guess. Around here where I live in Norway I never saw Enthusia in any of the shops, and I had to order my copy from Amazon. In fact I ordered another copy the other day to a friend of mine, because he never got around to order it even though he is very impressed with it. Beside he done me alot of favours so I figured it's a good way to pay him back :)

here in australia gt4 and epr retail for about the same price $89-99 aus.
but i found a store having a moving sale and epr was half price at $50-( they still wanted $79 for gt4 prob because of its popularity), even though $50 is still expensive in us dollars.
also in gt4 i was tired of cars that always understeered too much.
now with epr im having to get used to cars that oversteer with only the slightest provocation.
im finding that to be the hardest thing to adjust to.
its also nice to have ai cars that know when you are next to them and dont biff you into the scenery :)

I usually don't start topics/conversations in forums, I just respond to new posts/topics if I have something to say about them...so if a forum's activity is low, so is my participation... :indiff:

And I'm sorry to report that I haven't played Enthusia much recently... :( if it had online play, I'd never stop playing...you have no idea...I used to race the Nürburgring on PGR2 online for hours upon hours upon hours...doing the same in a much, much more realistic game, with the E30 M3...?? :crazy: :drool:

ezepze
now with epr im having to get used to cars that oversteer with only the slightest provocation.

Are you saying you think the cars oversteer too much? If so, I'd have to disagree, but I'm glad you're enjoying the game regardless! :)

its also nice to have ai cars that know when you are next to them and dont biff you into the scenery :)[/QUOTE]

On the level 1 tyres which would be deemed N1 Tyres in GT4 there is that tendency for oversteer. I found it easy to steer/brake to correct it while still trying to keep up momentum.

I can't stand getting flags but I found driving with a group of cars around you helps with coordination and adjusting to the physics.

My Sistren thinks I'm Still playing GT4 when She sees me playing EPR.

---

AKA Dubitup

no.
the oversteer comment was made purely in comparison to gt4 which i have been playing for 8 months.
it came as a bit of a shock, but after 4 days on Epr im starting to enjoy it. :)
im not into the whole drifting thing so its going to take some practice. :)

ezepze
no.
the oversteer comment was made purely in comparison to gt4 which i have been playing for 8 months.
it came as a bit of a shock, but after 4 days on Epr im starting to enjoy it. :)
im not into the whole drifting thing so its going to take some practice. :)

If you play Enthusia long enough, you will be "into the whole drifting thing." :lol: :)

I'm still here, just got interested in getting my rank up last night, got from 766 to 7, any suggestions of good cars for odds vs winning potential in RS and R1?

Got a level 5 NSX Type S Zero right now, and it gets good odds in some races, but sometimes it just dominates too easily, very fun to race though.

Had a level 10 Miata (sorry, Eunos), but while it gets good odds, I felt like a change.

Still loving this game.

Onikaze
I'm still here, just got interested in getting my rank up last night, got from 766 to 7, any suggestions of good cars for odds vs winning potential in RS and R1?

Got a level 5 NSX Type S Zero right now, and it gets good odds in some races, but sometimes it just dominates too easily, very fun to race though.

Had a level 10 Miata (sorry, Eunos), but while it gets good odds, I felt like a change.

Still loving this game.

A good class C car is probably what you're looking for. I used the E30 M3 for almost all of Enthusia Life. Good enough to be fast, slow enough to get good odds. I even used it to beat the King of the Year (it was pretty close, with a Skyline and Subaru pushing me the whole way).

One car I had fun with and gave me good odds was the VW Golf VR6.

I had some trouble to find a good FF for the RS/FF week of races. I even tried the Saab, but without luck. Not going for Japanese cars (I was making a "european-only" EL) I think my best choice for that week was the litle Alfa Romeo.

Currently I'm doing a EL with the only purpose to get every car unlocked and at level 10 ... :crazy: ... I already got all "F" and all "E" cars. and some of them are a great fun to drive.

I just got the game for Christmas from my Girlfriend, I'm really enjoying it. The car physics are much, much better than those in GT4, as are the engine/exhaust sounds. The only thing I like better in GT4, is the selection of cars and the GT Mode, as Enthusia Life is lacking. Driving Revolution gets way too tough, and frustrating. But overall, i'd still say it's an amazing game.

I got my Alfa 147 GTV up to level 10, gets great odds, and handles great. Just turn of ESC and turn on TCS. The RUF RGT is pretty decent too.

The forum might seem death, but I know that there's still a lot of people checking the Enthusia Thread. :lol:

I'm working on a project video for Enthusia, I only done 43 seconds of the video & it took me like 2 hours! :scared:

But don't worry, I though to do only a music video, but I'll put my wheel on video as usual & sync music. :)

You might have seen me doing some GT4 drifting videos in the GT4 Drifting Video Thread, but Enthusia is still in my heart.

Be ready to see the upcoming video I will make this week. 👍

I check the thread!

But it does seem to be....slow.

Just have to wait for the word of mouth to spread like wildfire to everyone before this forum gets alive and kicking!

BTW, what ranking do you have to be to get to the RS level races?

Anyone know?

It is 50th place, just played a bit more and attained exactly 50th place. However i had to take a rest as the Euthu points were dangerously low...(teaches me to be aggressive that does!)

Then this meant that i lost my 50th place and couldn't do the RS race! Oh well, at least i know what ranking to attain for next time!

With regards to attaining cars, i presume you must not touch the car and anything else to obtain the car that you want? It seems that if you touch the trackside objects (walls, off course etc), you are still able to get a car, provided you didn't touch the car during the race. However if you did touch the car, it seems to almost completely destroy your chances of obtaining that car at all. If that makes any sense to anyone?

Tried out a 4-wd car after the Mustang (Audi 4.6 Saloon...i think) and its...a very painful learning process!

i just got enthusia for 20 bucks and i got my dfp yesterday... ah im set! itz awesome! and since this thread isnt too structured right now.. how much would it cost me to start making videos? what do I need. i did read the thread on doing it so i did search at least. but i didnt get it, so someone who does it please help! :dunce:

so ill be pretty active here now

Submerged
With regards to attaining cars, i presume you must not touch the car and anything else to obtain the car that you want? It seems that if you touch the trackside objects (walls, off course etc), you are still able to get a car, provided you didn't touch the car during the race. However if you did touch the car, it seems to almost completely destroy your chances of obtaining that car at all. If that makes any sense to anyone?

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, but if you can confirm that it's true, by all means...

What might be happening is that you're touching a car you already own (and you aren't aware that you already own it), and then it's grayed out at the roulette screen...? :indiff:

road kill
i just got enthusia for 20 bucks and i got my dfp yesterday... ah im set! itz awesome! and since this thread isnt too structured right now.. how much would it cost me to start making videos? what do I need. i did read the thread on doing it so i did search at least. but i didnt get it, so someone who does it please help!

so ill be pretty active here now

Congrats! :) To make videos, you'll need a capture card (like ATI's TV Wonder Pro) and the software it comes with. This is just to record the video. Then, if you want to edit it, there are many different kinds of software available -- a lot of people use Microsoft Movie Maker, including myself.

Or you can do it the easy way, and just take a camcorder and point it at the TV screen.... :sly:

I use both camcorder & the capture card. Though I plug the camcorder on the capture card. I don't use DV. A decent capture card cost more than 100$. Though, it can be used for many different thing & it's very addicting.

whoa thats alot, but for good quality i guess ill need too. also besides the camcorder are there any other alternatives?

4th day with dfp and enthusia (got enthusia yesterday) its so hard and agravating..:mad: i finally have a good car (180sx) but for me its so hard to use with the wheel, and countersteering is like the hardest thing to do, i seem to like randomly spin out..:mad: yea these past few days ive been spewing profanity.... anyway im going to see if theres a vid where i can see the hands of the person. cause i always countersteer but end up spinning out anyway. any suggestion?

road kill
whoa thats alot, but for good quality i guess ill need too. also besides the camcorder are there any other alternatives?

4th day with dfp and enthusia (got enthusia yesterday) its so hard and agravating..:mad: i finally have a good car (180sx) but for me its so hard to use with the wheel, and countersteering is like the hardest thing to do, i seem to like randomly spin out..:mad: yea these past few days ive been spewing profanity.... anyway im going to see if theres a vid where i can see the hands of the person. cause i always countersteer but end up spinning out anyway. any suggestion?

lol, there's like a lot of mine with my hand.

I'll give you the link for them.

Dragon Range
http://media.putfile.com/S14_DFP_touge
Nurburgring
http://rapidshare.de/files/12102644/The_Nurb_with_the_wheel_GT4_version.wmv.html
In the snow
http://media.putfile.com/Snow6767
dirt
http://media.putfile.com/Offroad-DFP
A whole lap drift on cosmic Winding
http://media.putfile.com/Enthusia-Inside-view

Countersteer fast & steer back. :lol:

I suppose I could also offer the following video, which I created for a demonstration in one of my classes. It uses Live for Speed, and was made for a positively clueless audience, but you might still find it useful... :)

http://media.putfile.com/Controlling-a-Slide

Maybe I should re-make it into one that is more of a learning tool for racing-videogame drifters......

Back