Anyone lookin forward to CMR 3.0 as much as i am?

• Thread starter GTO_VR4
  • 14 comments
Gee, after TOCA, I'm a bit concerned about how much of a handle Codemasters have on the PS2 - that said, TOCA does look and move well when it's the single car on the screen, so that probably bodes well.

Given the current financial situation I think this one is going to have to wait until early next year - should be good.

I kind of Eyeball what Jordan, vat_man and a few other people get excited over because they tend to know their racing games. I love CM2.0 on my PC (just played it again 3 months ago) and I hope CM3 is as good as it can be...
I loved Rallisport Challenge even though it ended up being a little Arcadey, but CM3 is definitely looking good... (and nothing can be as bad as V-Rally 3 :P )

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
I kind of Eyeball what Jordan, vat_man and a few other people get excited over because they tend to know their racing games. I love CM2.0 on my PC (just played it again 3 months ago) and I hope CM3 is as good as it can be...
I loved Rallisport Challenge even though it ended up being a little Arcadey, but CM3 is definitely looking good... (and nothing can be as bad as V-Rally 3 :P )

On man - a work colleague bought that and leant it to me.

On my rating scale - V-Rally sits in the back seat of your car and barks at strangers.

In Australia, it was even funnier - the game here was endorsed by former Australian Rally Champion Neal Bates, with the cover shot being his IS200 in the air at Targa Tasmania. Now, Neal, the IS200 and the Targa Tasmania are not in V-Rally 3. In fact, due to a contract with Toyota, Neal is not even running in the ARC this year!

I'm probably going to be inclined to wait until WRC2002 comes out before commiting either way - they had about 80-85% of a good game last year, and all the interviews I've read since then seem to indicate they acknowledged the criticisms of the game and were addressing them.

Of course, that shouldn't stop people getting both!

Originally posted by vat_man

On man - a work colleague bought that and leant it to me.

On my rating scale - V-Rally sits in the back seat of your car and barks at strangers.

In Australia, it was even funnier - the game here was endorsed by former Australian Rally Champion Neal Bates, with the cover shot being his IS200 in the air at Targa Tasmania. Now, Neal, the IS200 and the Targa Tasmania are not in V-Rally 3. In fact, due to a contract with Toyota, Neal is not even running in the ARC this year!

I'm probably going to be inclined to wait until WRC2002 comes out before commiting either way - they had about 80-85% of a good game last year, and all the interviews I've read since then seem to indicate they acknowledged the criticisms of the game and were addressing them.

Of course, that shouldn't stop people getting both!

WRC didn't grab me because of the lack of difficulty, but deserves a good sequel anyway... What about GTC: Africa?

And this is slightly off topic here, but did you ever play Mobil 1 Rally championship? (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,197963,00.html) Pretty amazing, and some of the legs are 20-30 minutes long of pure racing...

No - but I have seen it very cheap. I'm always a bit sus' of the cheap rally and racing games, mainly because there's so many of them! I might pick that one up. Thanks for the tip.

:D I'm definitely waiting for CMR 3.0!! :) Also waiting for WRC II: The Extreme. On ten, they are having this competition to win a trip to WA and win a yellow PS2 with WRC II, so i've entered that a couple of time even though i prolly won't win :rolleyes:

Back