anyone still play DOOM?

• Thread starter free toes
  • 10 comments
this thread should be "dose anyone still play doom III ?" doom and doom 2 are classics but doom 3 was good for about two days till i got bored.

I still play every single doom game and all of its forms. Doom3 did get boring and doesn't have the long lasting impression that the first gen did. Anyway I create mods and am really just exploring the engine as of right now...really great potential we have with such a powerful piece of hardware.

I only played through about three quarters of Doom III before I got bored of it. I might install it again and give it another go one day. I used to play the classics day in day out though.

IDDQD anyone? :D

I prefer IDKFA, for that lovely BFG. :D

Anyways, I still have the classics... Heretic, DOOM, Duke Nukem. Yeah, those I could actually play for longer than 6 hours, how long it took me to get bored of DOOM 3.

I still have Final Doom for PS1 that I enjoyed for a long time. I know this is a PC thread but its still Doom related. :sly:

I have been thinking.If they had decided to make Doom 3 like the previous Doom games would people have liked it more?I personally think not.I feel that for todays standards a simple shooter isn't enough.The first Doom game was very succesfull because it was the first game to do what it did.Doom 3 doesn't have that edge.They were kind of forced to go this way with the game.You see Far Cry was a good game but people have already forgotten about it.I have anyway.I liked Doom 3 it's just not a game you'll play thru a second time.The first time i played i was stunned at how good the game was but now i don't touch it anymore.I don't know,maybe it just wasn't meantt to be.The game oozes quality though.

On the subject,i have recently played Doom with the JDoom mod.It was quite fun.

Whilst what you say is true, if it is done well I'm sure it would have been as successful as the original. I for one are sick of nearly every game being 'stealth-based' yawn, boring. Some stealth games if done properly are good but most are a chore. I want a pump-action shotgun & a room full of demon spawn :D

Now I really enjoyed the Serious Sam games, but these were even more basic than Doom. (I.e. no atmosphere what so ever, especially with the quips & ridiculous bad guys but thats was just part of the fun).

ID have managed something original even if it doesn't appear like it. Doom 3 was the scariest game I played ever since the original Doom (Which at the time was pretty scary to me! well I was 9 ;)) But unfortunately ID over did this & it grew repetative & boring. The shotgun was also crap, chainsaw was good though.

Back