Anyone still playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010?

Discussion in 'Need For Speed' started by puharta, Apr 3, 2020.

1. puharta

puharta

Just checking out if anyone still playing NFS Hot Pursuit. I just installed on my PC, had it on my old hard disk. With ultra settings it still looks good in 2020. Check out the video I just uploaded.

2. MroczMR

MroczMR

Ehhh this game is pure magic. Too bad DLC never came out for PC, and too bad nobody cracked this game to add more exotic cars.

3. HyperSpeeder

HyperSpeeder

There should be a community still playing it. The game's strongest point was the multiplayer, IMO the campaign is very bad (I have all golds in it).

4. Emick81

Emick81

Installed it today again. Had to adjust something to the .exe file to make the game use all of my CPU cores instead of 1.

Runs flawless now. Biggest surprise was that there is a 4k option? Holds up pretty well.

Gameplay is still intense with spikestrips being dropped right in front of you. I am going to play it next week again with some beers etc.

Now with Criterion doing NFS again I hope there will be some spiritual successor to this game. 4k 60FPS and HDR would be nice.

5. HyperSpeeder

HyperSpeeder

Yes, it does have all resolution options, maxing out at 4K and maybe even beyond. When it comes to quality it's far better than Black Box's latest offerings (Undercover and The Run).

Unfortunately it wasn't as much of a grassroots NFS as I had hoped. Nitrous and racer weapons feel a little out of place. In HP2 and the other classics your only weapon was the steering wheel!

The game's major flaw though is the lack of a Quick Race option. If it had that, it would be great rather than simply "good". NFS3 was more customizable when it came to the races.

6. Emick81

Emick81

I like it more than anything need for Speed related this generation.

I think we will never get an NFS in the style of the original with Supercars and scenic routes. These days it is all about content, Leveling up and unlocking things.

Autolog was a nice feature back then. 9,5 years ago....

7. ELmarcotuff

ELmarcotuff

My buddy said he got into a full room a couple months ago, in sure that doesn't help for now, but with that being said, I'm sure there still would be a community

8. MroczMR

MroczMR

I really hoped that Rivals would be spiritual sucessor to Hot pursuit... It somewhat was, but it failed compared to Hot Pursuit 2010 in many ways...

9. AOS-

AOS- Premium

I think only Hot Pursuit or Races were the ones that lasted the longest. I played primarily in Races only because latency makes collision difficult to put up with up, and you couldn't get away with slamming people against walls when in a drift.

I haven't played anymore due to other pastimes I'm directing my attention to, but a small group I was in dedicated a lot of time to shaving time off our single-player records. As a result, we learned of certain quirks and features not taught in game on how to get in and out of drifts while minimizing speed loss, maximizing boost efficiency, and influencing where roadblocks were placed to increase your luck.

If it moves things forward, I invite you to try topping either one of these times.

I've got recordings on other events as well if you want to challenge those.

:tup:

Edit: And just for the fun of it, I'm installing the game now and taking the time you set, OP.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  10. HyperSpeeder

HyperSpeeder

Of course I won't do it, I have other stuff I want to play. I mentioned the golds purely to state I spent some time with the game, so I feel qualified to post my opinion. I haven't played it in almost 4 years.

When it comes to optimizing and speedrunning, there's games decades old which are still relevant, so it's good that Autolog gave HP2010 this kind of longevity.