Anyone want to buy my SharkPort?

• Thread starter Majarvis
  • 21 comments

Majarvis

(Banned)
Yeah so since I got a new PS2 (SCPH-50010) and the PS2 will not read the disc anymore, I was forced to order a new X-Port. There is nothing wrong at all with the SharkPort, it worked perfectly fine on my SCPH-39001 model, but it just won't work on my new one because it is "too new" for the disc.

So anyways, I'd be willing to sell it for $5 USD (shipping will be $10 USD since I live in Canada, everything to the US has to be shipped via Expedited Parcel) so that would be $15 USD total, which is half of what you would pay off of codejunkies.com for an X-Port, not even including shipping.

If you're interested, PM me or reply here.

I know this isn't what this section is intended for, but I figured there might be some people out there looking for a SharkPort for cheap :)

e-mail datel tech support and tell them you have a model 50001 ps2, they will send you a new disc with now charge (no shipping cost either)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Datel Reply: Call our support line (727)431-0650, or email support@dateldesign.com. A new Xport disc will be mailed out to you free of charge. The discs work perfectly on the new PS2 version. You must have the old Xport hardware though, so keep that handy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the double post, but now you cant say i have never done anything nice for ya. My disc went out last week and i just sent info to get my new and FREE X-port disc.

Yep, thanks. Only problem is I found that exact quote in a search I did, and I emailed them. I told them what the problem was, and like I said above, they told me that they do not support the SharkPort device since it is not a Datel product :rolleyes: Oh well :(

lol, don't worry about it. I went to GameShark.com (now the owners of the name SharkPort) and lucky me, they don't offer tech support for the old SharkPort anymore, since they are supposedly developing a new one, oh well :(

The exact instructions I gave, were for anyone to email or call and tell Datel that your Xport isn't working with your new model PS2. Since Datel does support the Xport not the sharkport. Regardless if it is the exact same device.

Tell them that you already have an Xport, and that it is not working now, with the new PS2, don't tell them that you have a sharkport.

Yeah, sorry I guess I just didn't think of that. The only thing is, when I called anyway, they say you have to include a receipt, and send the original disc to them. Well, if I was to do this (I don't even have a receipt since I bought it online) they would then know I didn't have an X-Port, and I'd be screwed :odd:

Originally posted by Mr Chaos
The exact instructions I gave, were for anyone to email or call and tell Datel that your Xport isn't working with your new model PS2. Since Datel does support the Xport not the sharkport. Regardless if it is the exact same device.

Tell them that you already have an Xport, and that it is not working now, with the new PS2, don't tell them that you have a sharkport.

You mean LIE??!!

X-Port Here I Come!... or here U come! mwhahahha

hey majarvis could you send it to me for 5 bucks flat since i live in basicly the same area as you? if you want ill send u a money order for 6 bucks usd or how much can?

i live in texas, and they sent it from clearwater,fl. im sure if presidents day wasnt yesterday, i would have had it then, but i got it today, so my guess would be if you did it correctly you would have gotten yours in like 2 weeks

If I get a chance, I will stop by the office over there and see if I can aquirre some replacement discs. I'm sure I still know someone over at that place.

Back