Anyone wondering if our hard work on GT4P's school mode will pay off?

• Thread starter jizzmirk
  • 14 comments
Snaykinn
Snaykinn
I've started to wonder if the real GT4 release will reuse any of the license tests that we've completed in Prologue.

I'm inclined to think that they may just change the cars around and leave it at that. I'm hoping that they'll redo the tests completely.

Some of the tests are pretty necessary when it comes to licensing in the classic GT sense. The braking tests, the turning tests and course negotiating skills are all standard. But I'm wondering about the Coffee Breaks and the Catch Up tests.

The Coffee Break test looks like a classic 'Motorkhana' type test - having done those in real life, they are a hoot, and I'm hoping there might be events of this type in GT4.

From what I've read about the Catch Up tests, this seems a great way to learn about aggressive, no contact overtaking whilst maintaining race lines.

Of course it will pay off. For starters, you become very familiar with the new game engine and 900 degree mode on the new wheel if you have it, not to mention 5 new tracks and 63 of the new cars. I'm pretty certain that once you can drive these tests in GT4P to gold effortlessly, you will be pretty quickly finished with the tests in the full version too.

I do however expect many many more tests in GT4 ... Especially more gymkhana ... ;)

Hehe...we got a leg up on all the others out there - that's for sure.

I'm hoping that PD will give something to the people that picked up GT4P and worked for their golds. I'd love to see some extra starting credits or maybe an extra unlocked/secret starting car.

Nah, wouldn't that just ruin it? I always found it more fun to have to earn everything from scratch and that kind of advantage isn't necessary at all. In fact, I'd already find it mildly disappointing if you could earn cars by getting all golds in licences again, because that could be a significant shortcut through the game for some of us ;). Ah well, we'll see what happens. Getting through the game faster or slower, it'll be a huge game anyway with so many cars and tracks, so that doesn't really matter that much anyway :D

You most likely wont be able to port your licenses to a US GT4 as you could NOT use your saves from a Region GT3 to the other.

A change to that would be nice though

GT4P uses the 5 tracks in school mode,GT4 is supposed to have 50 + tracks.There may be quite a few license-school tests.

Originally posted by jizzmirk
Hehe...we got a leg up on all the others out there - that's for sure.

I'm hoping that PD will give something to the people that picked up GT4P and worked for their golds. I'd love to see some extra starting credits or maybe an extra unlocked/secret starting car.

Oh yeah and thats real fair to us people who don't have a mod chip and GT4:P isn't sold in our country. Youse get a secret car and we get nothing...oh yeah PD should defently reward because you can get the game and i can't.

Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
Oh yeah and thats real fair to us people who don't have a mod chip and GT4:P isn't sold in our country. Youse get a secret car and we get nothing...oh yeah PD should defently reward because you can get the game and i can't.

Umm...why not? I live in the US. Bought GT4P from Hong Kong and the swap discs from the UK and all works. AU is alot closer to Japan than the east coast of the US. Why can't you order the stuff from Hong Kong as well???? Are there restrictions on shipping to AU?

there could be the fact that i can not find a place here in melbourne that sells mod chips and if i do they are older versions. The problem for me to ship it is i'm probably younger then you and don't have a credit card/much money. The parents arn't really into the whole shipping over the net. I still think you shouldn't be awarded extra things then us non GT4:Pers, the game was ment to be only for japan as well...i can't see PD awarding people for living in a different country than every one else.

I actually doubt GT4P will have anything do do with GT4...in the sense that you can transfer credits or cars or win a special prize in GT4 if you have it. The more I play GT4P the more I realize it is basically a "proof of concept" demo, a little rough around the edges and not much too it...but insanely fun non-the-less. The other thing I fear is that it was released to appease all those GT fans and that means GT4 is actually a longer way off than people might think.

Originally posted by scuderia229
I actually doubt GT4P will have anything do do with GT4...in the sense that you can transfer credits or cars or win a special prize in GT4 if you have it. The more I play GT4P the more I realize it is basically a "proof of concept" demo, a little rough around the edges and not much too it...but insanely fun non-the-less. The other thing I fear is that it was released to appease all those GT fans and that means GT4 is actually a longer way off than people might think.

I'd have to disagree there. If anything, the original E3 demo from last year was more of a "proof of concept" than Prologue. Playing that version - that was rough. There still needs to be a lot of work on this game, but the foundations are more pronounced than the '03 demo.

I do think you're totally on the mark about releasing it to placate the fans. That's exactly how I feel about Prologue's release. But who are we to complain - we're playing an awesome game before the majority of the buying public. :)

Yes, and the Korean version never had any of the bugs talked about elsewhere and the cars have English names like in the Chinese version, so that's the verion you'll want to get.

I have all three versions. :D

Back