Apex Endurance League: NOV 16 / FINALE - WEC P1/GTE / 22:00 GMT

• Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 351 comments

Should RACE START be moved to 22:00 UK time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No penalties found so far.

The incident between Cars #45 and #298 will be deemed as a racing incident.

Results of Round 1 at Brands Hatch:

1st - CWM_NoirAntares - 1:30:25.805 (64 laps)
2nd - DRR_Affliction - +38.3634
3rd - TNR_FILO - +40.296
4th - weescotman - 1:30:01.210 (63 laps)
5th - CWM_StormPacer- +14.469
6th - Cobani - +48.259
7th - CFM_TetsuKobura - +1:10.130
8th - ajh_1990 - 1:30:39.938 (62 laps)
9th - AKZL298 - 1:31:22.427 (61 laps)
10th - DNF - LordJB13 - Lap 12

Current Driver Standings:
1st - @Antares26 - 20 pts
2nd - @Theaffliction - 16 pts
3rd - @TNR_KING_FILO - 13 pts
4th - @weescotman - 10 pts
5th - @Storm_SP17 - 8 pts
6th - @Cobani - 6 pts
7th - @TetsuKobura - 5 pts
8th - @andrew1990 - 4 pts
9th - @Akzl298 - 3 pts

Current Team Standings:
1st - 28 pts - BMW Clockwork Motorsport
2nd - 16 pts - Crunchyroll AMG Performance Team
3rd - 13 pts - Nisno Motorsport Worldwide

UPDATE ON RACE LENGTH SETTINGS:

Based on the way the timed format works currently, drivers are being chequered flagged before the leader has officially finished the race.

Because of the way cars that are not physically lapped end up being classified as a lap down if they cross the line after timer ends, I am considering moving to the "Lap" format for ALL race lengths.

I will update the race length of the next round in no. of laps once a clearer representation of this becomes apparent.

3.3.1. In order to register for the series, drivers must submit the required information to either @Storm_SP17 or @Antares26 thru Private Message here on gtplanet.
3.3.1a. For drivers entering as privateers, please indicate your intent to register as a Privateer along with the following information:
PSN ID:
Class:
Car:
Car #:
3.3.1b. For drivers entering as a team, please indicate your intent to register as a team along with the following information:
Team Name:
Class:
Car:
Driver 1 Car #:
Driver 1 PSN ID:
Driver 2 Car #:
Driver 2 PSN ID:
3.3.2. Drivers who are interested in submitting entries for multiple classes must submit separate entries for each intended class, following the above format.

OKAY!!

So I have ran some figures based on testing for the number of laps to host the race on, and this makes a slight difference to the original expectations I had.

The race will be 75 laps in length, which including pitstops takes us to approx 115 mins or just over.

In the event of VSC, I do have protocol in mind that everyone will need to be aware of. The current idea is that VSC is bound to lengthen the time it takes end the race to beyond the projected race time in mins for that event.

To combat this, when the race time period is reached, Race Leader must finish their lap and autodrive once they cross the line, typing "CF" in chat, then slow to 80km/h or 50 mph.

Everyone else is allowed to then finish the lap they are on, and line up behind the lead car. From there, I'll likely ask the field to see out the remaining laps at a reasonably brisky but safe pace, so long as there is no overtaking so people keep to their finishing positions.

I am open to thoughts and discussion on this, because this isn't a situation that I have much experience with. I am also open to just letting the race continue to the laps set, because its probably just easier to do that than throw in this protocol, due to race end not being governed Endurance format.

I am also open to going back to the Endurance format, despite the way in which it can bork the true gap of drivers and potentially stop another driver from benefiting from another driver's misfortune on the last lap, or getting that all-important overtake on the last lap to gain an extra position.

Last edited:
OKAY!!

So I have ran some figures based on testing for the number of laps to host the race on, and this makes a slight difference to the original expectations I had.

The race will be 75 laps in length, which including pitstops takes us to approx 115 mins or just over.

In the event of VSC, I do have protocol in mind that everyone will need to be aware of. The current idea is that VSC is bound to lengthen the time it takes end the race to beyond the projected race time in mins for that event.

To combat this, when the race time period is reached, Race Leader must finish their lap and autodrive once they cross the line, typing "CF" in chat, then slow to 80km/h or 50 mph.

Everyone else is allowed to then finish the lap they are on, and line up behind the lead car. From there, I'll likely ask the field to see out the remaining laps at a reasonably brisky but safe pace, so long as there is no overtaking so people keep to their finishing positions.

I am open to thoughts and discussion on this, because this isn't a situation that I have much experience with. I am also open to just letting the race continue to the laps set, because its probably just easier to do that than throw in this protocol, due to race end not being governed Endurance format.

I am also open to going back to the Endurance format, despite the way in which it can bork the true gap of drivers and potentially stop another driver from benefiting from another driver's misfortune on the last lap, or getting that all-important overtake on the last lap to gain an extra position.
Only issue I could see would be timing if an FCY is called, because then there wouldn't be certain gaps at the end.

Are you on about with a "timed" format or "laps" format?
Apologies if this isn't explained right. You said that in the case of going over due to an FCY that cars would finish whatever lap it ends on and then auto-drive, right? I think that would end up messing with the gaps slightly, that way someone could end up losing a position they might've ended up keeping due to a penalty that would've otherwise not been strong enough to move positions.

An idea I've been thinking about for a while is to do keep the Endurance format, but set the race time longer than the actual. i.e., set race to 2H instead of 90 minutes.

In the case of a 90 minute race, race steward can call "FL" (Final lap) in chat once 90 minutes has elapsed in the race timer, after the leader crosses the line to take the checkered flag, the leader can just go into auto-drive and type "CF" so everyone who crosses the line afterwards simply goes into auto-drive themselves.

Once everyone has finished, we can take a parade lap before letting everyone simply leave the race. The replay would have saved everything up to that point anyway, so it's just down to the organizers to manually record finishing times and gaps from the replay's Live Timing. This way, times are recorded from the moment the leader finishes the race, so any and all gaps between cars can be preserved.

This will need everyone to be mindful of the actual remaining time so as to know when the actual checkered flag is called, but it at least allows everyone to finish on their actual number of laps and in proper order...like how endurance races used to be properly run in Gran Turismo.

ROUND 2 PRE-RACE POST

Track: Dragon Trail - Gardens
Track Time: 16:30 (Qualifying); 17:00 (Race)
Race Length: 115 Minutes (Room Mode setting TBD)

Date: May 18, 2019
Lobby Opening: 21:00 UTC
Qualifying Start: 21:30 UTC
Race Start: 22:00 UTC

With the season opener having gone smoothly, we've now set our sights on keeping that momentum into the second round at Dragon Trail. Just like in the previous race, we have a few reminders:
  • Everyone has free choice on starting the race on either Racing: Hard or Racing: Medium tyres.
  • When a car suffers Engine Damage, regardless of collision with another car or from a single car accident, drivers are required to indicate "D" in the in-game chat.
  • All kerbs around the circuit are considered track surface.
Again, we recommend that everyone re-read the rules in the OP, especially those concerning Formation Lap and Race Neutralization procedures, so that everyone would be familiar should the need for it arise.

Driver Attendance Confirmation
Please reply in the thread to confirm the status of your attendance for the race. Deadline for confirmation is May 17.
  1. AKZL298 (@Akzl298)
  2. ajh_1990 (@andrew1990)
  3. BigNFL (@Mr.Skyline09)
  4. BlueXephos22 (@DaGiBUS)
  5. Cobani (@Cobani)
  6. CrazyJohn_25 (@CrazyJohn)
  7. CWM_NoirAntares (@Antares26)
  8. CWM_StormPacer (@Storm_SP17)
  9. DRR_Affliction (@Theaffliction)
  10. DRR_Sinyster (@Sinyster)
  11. kikilouise (@Kiki12)
  12. LordJB13 (@JB13)
  13. CFM_TetsuKobura (@TetsuKobura)
  14. TNR_FILO (@TNR_KING_FILO)
  15. weescotman (@weescotman)

Last edited:
ROUND 2 PRE-RACE POST

Track: Dragon Trail - Gardens
Track Time: 16:30 (Qualifying); 17:00 (Race)
Race Length: 115 Minutes (Room Mode setting TBD)

Date: May 18, 2019
Lobby Opening: 21:00 UTC
Qualifying Start: 21:30 UTC
Race Start: 22:00 UTC

With the season opener having gone smoothly, we've now set our sights on keeping that momentum into the second round at Dragon Trail. Just like in the previous race, we have a few reminders:
  • Everyone has free choice on starting the race on either Racing: Hard or Racing: Medium tyres.
  • When a car suffers Engine Damage, regardless of collision with another car or from a single car accident, drivers are required to indicate "D" in the in-game chat.
  • All kerbs around the circuit are considered track surface.
Again, we recommend that everyone re-read the rules in the OP, especially those concerning Formation Lap and Race Neutralization procedures, so that everyone would be familiar should the need for it arise.

Driver Attendance Confirmation
Please reply in the thread to confirm the status of your attendance for the race. Deadline for confirmation is May 17.
  1. AKZL298 (@Akzl298)
  2. ajh_1990 (@andrew1990)
  3. BigNFL (@Mr.Skyline09)
  4. BlueXephos22 (@DaGiBUS)
  5. Cobani (@Cobani)
  6. CrazyJohn_25 (@CrazyJohn)
  7. CWM_NoirAntares (@Antares26)
  8. CWM_StormPacer (@Storm_SP17)
  9. DRR_Affliction (@Theaffliction)
  10. DRR_Sinyster (@Sinyster)
  11. kikilouise (@Kiki12)
  12. LordJB13 (@JB13)
  13. CFM_TetsuKobura (@TetsuKobura)
  14. TNR_FILO (@TNR_KING_FILO)
  15. weescotman (@weescotman)
I should be there

So I have this idea I'd want to try and do from here on.
Since Brands Hatch had the amazing comeback from @Theaffliction, finishing 2nd after crashing out on lap 2, I figured I'd try to give it a bit of a highlight using a movie poster, which is something I want to try and do for each of the future races.

Round 1 DOTD - Affliction.png

At the end of the season, we'll probably have enough to make a highlight reel :lol:

Back