Apple computers and SharkPort/ MKs

Are we talking about an Apple II or a Mac? Interact only wrote the software for Sharkport to run on a PC. But they do have Mac's that can run PC software, although it is unclear whether it will behave properly with the USB port/Sharkport if you do.
kideng

Originally posted by Sixgears-9lives
Does anyone know if the "Shark Port" can be used with an Apple computer :dunce:

If so what operating system:confused:

The same goes for MKs program

Yes, you can use both on an Apple computer (or at least I think so :odd: :odd: ) BTW look in the Hybrids and Gameshark forum if you have any further questions. :)

As kideng said, you would have to buy Virtual PC (Microsoft just bought the rights to it), and even then, as he noted, there's no real way to tell how well the interaction with the USB port and the sharkport will work. I think your best bet is to get hold of someone knowledgeable in the company that makes Sharkports.

To make matters worse, Madcatz bought out Interact. But legally they do not have access to the info needed for them to support Sharkport. Your best bet is really to get a PC.
kideng

Interesting question..
I too have this problem im using a G4, i've investigated this to great lengths.

I found some stuff on the web , apparently some guy is trying to develop software to allow mac users to run X/sharkports and has dubbed the project iport since apple call all of it's OSX app's "iname" he had got pretty far, but had run into a few problems when it came back to writing the data on the card,but he said "im getting there" i've also seen screen shots of this software in action.
I do hope this guy can fiqure something out , But he's put the project on hold for the mo as he has other stuff he's working on (this was May 15th i believe he had stopped work on it ) so it's just a case of waiting to see if he comes up with anything ,which i hope he does..

I even emailed DATEL they are responsible for the PAL version of the X-Port dunno about Sharkport though..
And they confirmed my fears ,that the X-port will not work on any Macintosh computer :mad: (sucks really), I even asked them nicely if they where going to consider releasing software for Mac users, they unfortunaly aren't going to do this..
I then asked them "what if i where to try Virtual PC.?",the answer "unfortunatly that is a question we cannot answer, it would just be a case of trying it"

So on that i have decided to take the gamble , just today i placed an order for a X-port and should have it in the next few days.
Then it's just a case of installing Virtual PC,( a prospect i don't really find appealling) But if it works it will be worth it..as Virtual PC will only be used to run the X-port stuff..

Appologies to my fellow Mactavist's :P for allowing Windows to tread upon my Puta ,but its a step i must take..

As soon as i get everything together and have tested it i will post up my findings in this thread (works or not), for the good of future apple users wishing to use X-port etc..:)..

Originally posted by pedrodaman
Interesting question..
So on that i have decided to take the gamble , just today i placed an order for a X-port and should have it in the next few days.
Boy, what an adventurer you are! ;)

Then it's just a case of installing Virtual PC,( a prospect i don't really find appealling)
:lol:

Good luck, and let's hope it indeed does work! :cheers:

:cheers: i will need it :lol:

The last time i used Virtual PC i ran into some big problems ,there was conflicting errors between V.PC and OS 9.2 thats what i was using when i tried it.
But apparently the version i have is fully compatable with OSX, so i guess that would explain the errors :lol:

If it does work and i hope it does it will only be a temporary solution..
Lets just hope this dude i mentioned can sort this wee proggies out then we will be laughing ;)

Hi, Sixgears, and welcome to GTP! Good to see another Machead aboard.

Boatdriver over at www.granturismobynumbers.com has successfully gotten the Sharkport to work on a Mac under Virtual PC. It may be worth your time to look over there.

Good luck to you and pedrodaman.

Cheers Neon_duke, for that .

Thats brought a smile to my face :) looks like there should be no problems, and i will hopefully be able to watch and share some of these amazing GT replays :D

Cheers again ;)

This should be quite interesting. :)

I'd love to do it myself, but I don't exactly have the money to buy VPC and a Sharkport, especially since I'm going to buy Panther as soon as it comes out. :D (As well as GT4, which should come out at around the same time)

I will be doing the same for sure ;)

I just want something to fill the gap in the meantime until the arrival of GT4..im sure the X-port will still be of some use for GT4..:)

MMM Panther ,G5 mmmm :drool: someday it will be mine :drool: :lol:

Pedrodaman, You will also be able to create hybrids using the Sharkport if you have MK'S program. Beleive me, hybriding is so addictive

Cheers dude i will check those out 👍

Edit having a quick glance at these thread ,this sounds great, i like the shortcut to Software update in the apple menu 👍

Lots of nice screenies to look at too :D

:cool: I have a few friends high up in the Mac world. One of them gives me cool new software to demo, the other wrote the source code that became Macintosh (1984).

Unfortunately neither could answer the question that I posted here. You'd think that they would know?

I have also used Virtual PC. However it did not recognize any of my external connections; such as: USB, FireWire, or Eth. It did recognize my USB floppy, but not my USB camera. As far as software, I never had any problems.... except the occasional BSoDs. (Typical of Gates' products)

Thank you for you input and warm welcome. I look forward to posting some interestring mods and track times once I get this Hybrid thing down.

P.S. I did get my Escudo to do a 21.434 sec lap on the "Test Course. I saw the speedo slip into the 4k MPH range a few times.

Ok it's official i have successfully got the X-port to run on my Apple G4 :D

I installed V.PC Version 6(windows 2000) and im using OSX 10.2.6 to run V.PC and all seems fine ,i've managed to successfully download a couple of replays and have just uploaded one ,Just waiting for it to be checked to make sure everything is in order..:)

The only quam i have ,is that there is sometimes USB read errors all i have to do is pull the USB out and reinsert and it works fine, A bit annoying but bearable ..

So any Apple users wondering out there if it works ,it does 👍

heres a wee screenies of X-port V2 in action on my G4 :D

Attachments

• picture-11.jpg
    picture-11.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 28
You're using Studio Pro!!!! Yayz! :D

I switched back to SmoothStripes Glossy Blue Widgets just because the gray was getting a bit dreary, but I'll probably be switching back to Studio Pro soon. :)

Originally posted by Sage
You're using Studio Pro!!!! Yayz! :D
I switched back to SmoothStripes Glossy Blue Widgets just because the gray was getting a bit dreary, but I'll probably be switching back to Studio Pro soon. :)

Yup :D haven't used anything else really :) but i do sometimes run Shinboi for a couple of days and pair it up with the image in my avatar and it looks quite nice :)
But overall i prefer SS Pro :D I also have Cleardock running too

Ok Mk's, i have downloaded this and have it running and all seems fine ,still trying to fiqure this wee proggie out :confused: im sure i'll get there...

Man it's so weird using windows :yuck: i keep getting lost or i can't find what im looking for on there :grumpy: :lol:

The less i use it for the better..Notice from my screen shot i've not bothered to customise the desktop or anything like that :D

I will try Arwins replay manager next to see how that goes..;)

:cool: Let me know...

I am anxious to try and build a few of my own hybrids. My Mac is down for now:( I loaded Jaguar onto My G3 Pismo. It worked fine for months. Then one day it just wouldn't boot.:( I need to boot from my FireWire drive.... Back up all my files.... and then do a clean install of Jaguar again.

Although; to tell you the truth, I liked OS 9.2 better.:)

Just remember... I.B.M stands for "I'm Building a MAC"

Originally posted by pedrodaman
Yup haven't used anything else really but i do sometimes run Shinboi for a couple of days and pair it up with the image in my avatar and it looks quite nice
:) It really is a shame though that dark themes don't look so good within Aqua's confines... I feel so bad just letting Shinobi just sit there... it's such an awesome theme! *sniff*

But overall i prefer SS Pro I also have Cleardock running too
Oh you rebel! :P

Here is my current setup (with SmoothStripes Glossy Blue Widgets)... and here's a little fun I had. ;)

Originally posted by Sixgears-9lives
Although; to tell you the truth, I liked OS 9.2 better.
Blasphemy! :lol:

WTF is that win 2000 theme you got on there.? :lol:

I've not even bothered putting any desktop images or anything like that in the V.PC not worth it ;)

Still need to try Arwins replay manager ,,need to download some bit of software for it to run properly ,,will keep you posted on this.:)

Mks runs fine have managed to fix a couple of my prize cars (the ones you can't win again Viper etc) got the Bhp back up to maximum and 0 miles on the clock..
Not yet tried to hybrid yet but thats the next thing i will try :D

Nope, I don't use it at all... just a little fun once in a while. :D These days, I pretty much exclusively use Studio Pro and SmoothStripes Glossy Blue Widgets... I occasionally use Brushed (with either brushed elements or sunken Aqua), but rarely, because pallets don't look so good with that theme. I'm still waiting for BBX to release Mirai and Utopia, but he's seriously considering throwing in the towel because Panther is going to make it very difficult to theme (they've included more resources to edit, and have made the Finder just about impossible to change except for grayscale colors).

Man that sucks ..Im sure there will be some way round the problems that Panther will present..there allways is
Lets just hope these themers keep at it :D

I was thinking of getting the isight camera/mic looks the biz :D still pondering over it though..

Back