The Apple Thread

• Thread starter Robin
  • 565 comments
Why would a smart watch which has to be paired to an iphone need a GPS receiver on it, android and tizen based smartwatches use the GPS receiver on the phone

The Microsoft Band also has it's own GPS receiver and more sensors than the Apple watch and the battery life is OK. I guess it's because the screen is small and strap is literally made of batteries. It's useful when cycling etc to have dedicated GPS so I can bring just a dumb phone for emergencies.

Apple has delayed shipment of the wireless EarPods because they apparently are having technical problems with both earphones playing the music in sync :lol:

Because they have to receive the Bluetooth signal simultaneously it's proving challenging to get them to reliably play music without connection issues.

Last edited:
Apple has delayed shipment of the wireless EarPods because they apparently are having technical problems with both earphones playing the music in sync :lol:

Because they have to receive the Bluetooth signal simultaneously it's proving challenging to get them to reliably play music without connection issues.

So I wonder if the iphone 7S will be like exactly like the iphone 7 in terms of specs but with a headphone jack added.

Apple has launched a Product Red iPhone... looks pretty good.

upload_2017-3-21_15-39-23.png

macpro.png

Apple has finally admitted that the design of the extremely expensive non upgradeable trashcan Mac Pro from a productivity standpoint was terrible. It probably hasn't sold well at all.

They haven't updated the machine since it's launch (2013) and have just given it a minor refresh before a planned total redesign, probably back to a more modular traditional style, to come at a later date.

macpro.png

Apple has finally admitted that the design of the extremely expensive non upgradeable trashcan Mac Pro from a productivity standpoint was terrible. It probably hasn't sold well at all.

They haven't updated the machine since it's launch (2013) and have just given it a minor refresh before a planned total redesign, probably back to a more modular traditional style, to come at a later date.

Must admit, while It's an interesting take on how a PC should be. I think Apply got it wrong in terms of this version of the Mac.

I dont know any of my designer friends who use Mac decided to buy one. They all use highly specced iMac's instead.

Must admit, while It's an interesting take on how a PC should be. I think Apply got it wrong in terms of this version of the Mac.

I dont know any of my designer friends who use Mac decided to buy one. They all use highly specced iMac's instead.

Aesthetically and design wise it's a nice piece of kit IMO but from a usability standpoint they really missed the mark with their target audience, the productivity crowd. Apple can often overdo the form over function but this time it was slightly too far.

So it's widely expected Apple will jump on the home assistant bandwagon with a Siri enabled speaker to be unveiled at WWDC next week.

Does the world need another one of these things? I think there isn't even enough of a market to sustain Echo and Home as it is. It's likely Apple's will dominate because of the ecosystem and support.

Apple launched the iMac Pro and HomePod speaker.

screen-shot-2017-06-05-at-10-58-24-am.png

DBlIW4YXYAEFpkZ.jpg

The design is a bit underwhelming and doesn't look all that premium but the hardware seems better than any smart speaker out there. Pretty pricey at $350 EACH!

iMac Pro looks sexy, but starting at $5K... ouch. I don't wanna think about what a fully loaded one will cost.

iOS 11 looks pretty good, especially on iPad where it's becoming more macOS-like.

High Sierra seemed ok I guess.

iMac Pro looks sexy, but starting at $5K... ouch. I don't wanna think about what a fully loaded one will cost.

iOS 11 looks pretty good, especially on iPad where it's becoming more macOS-like.

High Sierra seemed ok I guess.

Won't be surprised if the fully loaded model will cost 10k.

It will probably be way more than that...

18 Core, 128GB Ram, 4TB SSD, Radeon Vega 16GB

Mega bucks!
Once you reach a point where you can buy my LS430 for a price of a computer, it's time to reconsider the necessity of such power...

Who is the intended target for such specs? Movie producers? That seems like the main ones who can actually afford this thing.

Once you reach a point where you can buy my LS430 for a price of a computer, it's time to reconsider the necessity of such power...

Who is the intended target for such specs? Movie producers? That seems like the main ones who can actually afford this thing.

Mostly for video production, AKA Final Cut Pro.

And you still can't play Overwatch on it~

And you still can't play Overwatch on it~

Yeah you could, dual booting windows on a Mac is a piece of cake.

The real issue is that you could build a PC with similar specs for a fraction of the cost. That being said, Macs are some of the nicest computers around design-wise and I think the OS is better too, so I'd definitely prefer a Mac over a similarly spec'd PC if money wasn't an object.

The iMac Pro seems to be the replacement for the Mac Pro which didn't sell well and will probably be discontinued soon. As others have said, yes it's mainly aimed at movie producers.

The iMac Pro seems to be the replacement for the Mac Pro which didn't sell well and will probably be discontinued soon. As others have said, yes it's mainly aimed at movie producers.

The new Mac Pro is coming soon, iirc. Apparently, it'll have a modular design. Expect it in the next year or so.

The new Mac Pro is coming soon, iirc. Apparently, it'll have a modular design. Expect it in the next year or so.

Yeah I know, I wrote about it a few posts up ;) I guess they wanted to give power users a choice between an all in one and separates setup.

Noticed on the High Sierra preview page they note external graphics card support for any Mac is planned for Spring 2018. Very interesting. I've heard of 3rd party attempts to make this work but proper integration from Apple would be amazing.

Hahaha, Apple are going to start de-evolving their phones!

12th September is when its going to be unveiled, will be interesting to see if there is any other new hardware refreshes or other stuff.

Touch ID gone? Oh well, my 6S is the last iPhone I'll buy until they add the headphone jack back

Latest Posts

Back