April DLC Thread - Out Now

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 628 comments
I swear even when FM8 have 1000+ cars people still gonna complain no matter what. This game has the most Porsches, Ferrari's, Lambo's in any game yet there are people crying that they don't add supercars. If you don't like the car roster or the dlc's in Forza then you don't like any other racing game cuz there is nothing better out there. Its the best car list ever created.

So what was the point of the Ram 1500 & the Cayenne Turbo?

There isn't one, I just didn't bring them up as we're talking about supercars.

Again, this argument lies with T10 at fault.

At fault of what? :confused:

Sure, at the end of the day they ultimately decide what to add and they also made a system that makes different trim levels/performance versions moot. But it's hard to please the fans when there isn't anything close to a consensus on what they want and they get complaints when they do literally anything. I'm not joking about that last part either, there were even people complaining that they took time to make a tweet memorializing a (presumably) well known Forza player instead of fixing the game.

I swear even when FM8 have 1000+ cars people still gonna complain no matter what. This game has the most Porsches, Ferrari's, Lambo's in any game yet there are people crying that they don't add supercars. If you don't like the car roster or the dlc's in Forza then you don't like any other racing game cuz there is nothing better out there. Its the best car list ever created.

People paid money for the season pass only to find out it was overloaded by SUVs. I can see why people are pissed off not just about supercars its about that cars that matter like the Ferrari 512M or the Porsche 917K rather than having another SUV.

By the way the Porsche 917K has been requested lots of times by the Forza community dating back to forza 3 and forza 4. Is T10 listening or they going to give more excuses this time.

I don't understand why they delayed the release date for the pack to April 12th

There was a stop ship issue with the update. Basically they likely found a bug that was so serious they couldn't release the content/update on time.

What a gross over reaction. No one is saying it’s not a great car list. It’s fantastic. But we’re on the topic of DLC.

But the DLC destroys your argument, too; how many Porsches have been added despite a large roster to begin with?

There isn't one, I just didn't bring them up as we're talking about supercars.
I’m talking about supercars in relation to other cars. By your argument about the PI system breaking any new ones, it should break other DLC cars. But it hasn’t stopped T10 from adding. Heck, cars shipped with the game are already broken bc of this has I noted on the Bentleys.

At fault of what? :confused:
At fault of having a broken PI system (along with other things of course).
Sure, at the end of the day they ultimately decide what to add and they also made a system that makes different trim levels/performance versions moot. But it's hard to please the fans when there isn't anything close to a consensus on what they want and they get complaints when they do literally anything. I'm not joking about that last part either, there were even people complaining that they took time to make a tweet memorializing a (presumably) well known Forza player instead of fixing the game.
I get that they can’t please everyone, but the DLC has definitely catered to one type of vehicle more than any other even though it’s been one of the more controversial additions to a track-based game.

People paid money for the season pass only to find out it was overloaded by SUVs. I can see why people are pissed off not just about supercars its about that cars that matter like the Ferrari 512M or the Porsche 917K rather than having another SUV.

By the way the Porsche 917K has been requested lots of times by the Forza community dating back to forza 3 and forza 4. Is T10 listening or they going to give more excuses this time.

It may be a licensing issue, which exist and aren't necessarily just excuses.

I totally agree. Those supercar and hypercar fanboys can be real toxic. They make the Forza fanbase one of the most toxic racing game fanbases out there at the moment, in my honest opinion.

Ea no longer has the porsche licence. So i doubt t10 would have any trouble in getting the porsche 917k in a racing game.

It doesn't mean the car could have been licensed. Yes, I realize its in PCars2, but that doesn't mean it will be in other games.

Do we all want the car? Most likely. Do we know why it hasn't been added, yet? No. We will just have to wait. It was leaked from FH3, we know it may be coming at some point, we just don't know when.

This person on Reddit comes to a plausible conclusion:

"Failed Microsoft's certification process." I'm not sure what that even means? Is this different from finding a serious bug? Something wrong on the legal side rather than a coding problem?

This person on Reddit comes to a plausible conclusion:

Does Microsoft Studios content even have to pass through certification?

Me thinks the fact the pack still lies unannounced may indicate a last-minute swap in this pack's carlist, that may have been caused either by one of the cars that was going to feature not measuring up to T10's quality standards (assuming they still have any), or by its implementation creating some bug that required far too much time to be solved in time for even the delayed release date, or by something going wrong with the licenser at the last possible moment.

Could it possibly be an issue with a Porsche 917 that the clues certainly seemed to point to, but was said to be not part of the pack by johniwanna?

Whatever. All we can do is speculate until Thursday. This is so frustrating.

Me thinks the fact the pack still lies unannounced may indicate a last-minute swap in this pack's carlist, that may have been caused either by one of the cars that was going to feature not measuring up to T10's quality standards (assuming they still have any), or by its implementation creating some bug that required far too much time to be solved in time for even the delayed release date, or by something going wrong with the licenser at the last possible moment.

Could it possibly be an issue with a Porsche 917 that the clues certainly seemed to point to, but was said to be not part of the pack by johniwanna?

I'm fairly certain all games and patches have to pass the certification process, even first party titles.

I'd hazard a guess and say it's more likely to be a car or one of its tuning parts causing a database-related crash like the Ford DP from Forza 6. Someone noticed it last minute, realised it can't be shipped with a crash bug, then delayed the shipping or failed the cert.

I was browsing the Store from my phone and found this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180410-153110.png
    Screenshot_20180410-153110.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 713
I was browsing the Store from my phone and found this
EDIT: Updated with all cars

2017 Maserati Lavante S

1948 Ferrari 166 Inter Sport

1966 Porsche Carrera 6

2018 Honda Odyssey Elite

1985 Nissan #83 Electramotive Engineering GTP-ZX Turbo

1976 Chevrolet #76 Greenwood Corvette

1982 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS

Last edited:
I can't wait to race that minivan around the Nurburgring. Bring back memories of the Honda Odyssey from Gran Turismo.

Now the wait for the rage from the toxic cesspit that is the Forza Subreddit.

Last edited:
I am pleased with the Porsche, Ferrari and Nissan. Intrigued by the Maserati. Underwhelmed by the Honda. About par for the course, really. We just need to find out what the last two cars are.

I agree with you. This game has had the worst car packs in Forza history. That’s why I have only driven 3 vehicles out all the packs released so far. And I’ll admit I’m a huge fan of muscle cars, sport coupes, sedans, sports cars, super cars, and hyper cars, so that’s what I prefer to see in Forza Motorsport since it’s a track-focused Racing game. But you can put me in that supercar/HyperCard fanboy crowd if ya want to though. Now when it comes to Horizon it’s a different story. I can assume that there will be some kind of off-road expansion because of the useless inclusion of so many trucks and SUV’s. Now the those aren’t an issue. It’s the ones they decided to put in the game that is a problem for me. What about the GMC Typhoon, Dodge Ram SRT-10, Ford F-150 SVT Lightning, and Toyota Tacoma X-Runner? These trucks that are more track oriented and have more of an place in Forza Motorsport in my opinion.

Comparing those cars to the clue thread (updated with all cars):

Car 1
Sure, it’s practical, but it really is an epic journey.
2018 Honda Odyssey Elite

Car 2
It may set in the west but it’s more important that the rising begins in the east.
1985 Nissan #83 Electramotive Engineering GTP ZX-Turbo

Car 3
Are there any affordable classic Porsches left? Maybe, but this isn’t one of them.
1966 Porsche Carrera 6

Car 4
They weren’t really part of the battle, but they certainly made their presence known.
1976 Chevy #76 Greenwood Corvette

Car 5
The first was a race car you could drive on the road. The second was a road car you could adapt to race. Baby steps.
1948 Ferrari 166 Inter Sport

Car 6
Oops! But seriously, in my seriously awesome opinion, this is a car that belongs in Forza.
1980 Porsche 924 Carerra GTS

Car 7
I still can’t decide if it is more beauty or more beast. We will leave it up to you to decide.
2017 Maserati Lavante S

Last edited:
Chances are we'll get another Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Honda or Nissan. John said there'll be two cars from the same manufacturer, but maybe those will be the two cars we still don't know.

Back