April Issue of OPM has Enthusia Demo!

• Thread starter Jedi2016
  • 57 comments
Just saw this a minute ago, over at Playstation.com:

http://www.us.playstation.com/OPM.aspx?id=upcoming

Registration required, so here's the cut/paste for the non-members:

"Issue 91 - April 2005
On Sale 3/8/2005

Check out some of the great content coming next month in the Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine.

Disc Table of Contents

Playable Demos:

* Enthusia Professional Racing
* Shadow of Rome
* Cold Winter
* Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
* Shining Tears

Video Demos

* Kessen III
* Full Spectrum Warrior

Replay

* Red Dead Revolver - Cool Move
* King of Fighters - Download
* Shrek 2 - Download

Inside the Game:

* Ape Escape PSP - Video
* God of War (Part 2) - Video

Commercials

* Project: Snowblind
* The Godfather
* Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

Extras

* PlayStation Big Hook-Up (Part 2) - Video"

So, looks like we won't have to wait that long to get a taste of it after all.. The March issue came a few days ago, so this one should be here in about one month's time. I hope the DFP works with it...

Well,we will finally see if i was right all along(see signature).I wonder how long it takes for the mag to be released here in EU.

Awesome! I just got my OPM March Issue a few days ago. It's good to see Enthusia listed as a PLAYABLE demo, and not just a stupid video. I think it's funny (sad) to note that GT4 demo is still no where in sight.

I'm gonna have to look for this one. Cause i've been looking at this game for quite some time. I think its the only game out there that has the guts to surpass GT4.

Jedi2016
Just saw this a minute ago, over at Playstation.com:

http://www.us.playstation.com/OPM.aspx?id=upcoming

Registration required, so here's the cut/paste for the non-members:

So, looks like we won't have to wait that long to get a taste of it after all.. The March issue came a few days ago, so this one should be here in about one month's time. I hope the DFP works with it...

great news jedi, can't wait to get my hands on it.
DFP should work with it, even the last year E3 demo did.

Camouflage_RX
I'm gonna have to look for this one. Cause i've been looking at this game for quite some time. I think its the only game out there that has the guts to surpass GT4.

Well, it actually could suprass it as far as simulation goes, GT4 made very good progress since GT3 when it came to the driving experience, but it still a far cry from an acurate sim, enthusia is focusing entirely on driving skill, which means physics _should_ be top notch, (at least as the PS2 is capable off.) i for one don't want to see another GT game from Konami that just focuses primarily on the visual aspect, and then physics (which is defenetly the second priority on GT.. not the first.) and thirdly the AI.. which just sucks.

if enthusia is to be better than GT4 as far as the driving experience go, they need to simulate drive trains more acuratley than GT4 (shouldn't be too hard) and of course, a better tyre simulation... (even easier, GT4 biggest flaw lies here.)

SaintKamus
DFP should work with it, even the last year E3 demo did.

The problem isn't so much the demo, but the disc... I've never had any luck getting the DFP to initialize with the OPM demo disc, even if it contains a demo that should, in theory, support it. I guess we'll wait and see.

Hiya! :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Thanks for the information Jedi2016! :embarrassed: :cheers: I cannot wait until that OPM issue comes out to try out Enthusia! :embarrassed: I hope it will be a good game worth having.

Same here. :) The big reason I'm looking forward to it is so that I won't have to rely strictly on reviews and gamer opinion.. I'll get to play the thing for myself, and I think we can all agree there's simply no better "review" than playing it yourself. :)

And also because you can have your revenge from all those people outside US who got to play Prologue and other GT4 demos. :P

It'll probably end up being some unexciting car on only one track. From screenshots this game really hasn't impressed me, but it will be interesting to see how the gameplay stacks up against GT4.

icemanshooter23
It'll probably end up being some unexciting car on only one track. From screenshots this game really hasn't impressed me, but it will be interesting to see how the gameplay stacks up against GT4.

You know...you could be right about Enthusia. :odd: For some reason, I look at Enthusia as a "lesser" version of GT4 from what I see at this point. I just can't find any reason why Enthusia should be able to surpass GT4 and that applies to Forza also.

I have played Forza Motorsport at my local Toy's R Us and a TRIED my best to enjoy it. Trying many ways to make it fun, but it felt worse than GT3. Please understand that I am not being biased or trying to put down Forza because I am a GT4 fan, but from playing the demo of Forza...Its nothing special to me. :indiff:

As for Enthusia, the demo should give us all a good feel of the game and decide if its really worth 49.99 when it comes out. But now I am starting to expect less from Enthusia the more I think about it. :indiff: :embarrassed:

That's precisely why the demo is such a great idea, McAngel. :) We don't have to rely on reviews and opinions of people that "took the risk" and bought the game. I get the magazine in the mail every month anyway, so this is the ideal way to see if the game actually holds up or not. :)

I just don't want some rediculous time limit like GT demos have. :grumpy: Hopefully Konami will realize that we're playing this in our own homes, without having to worry about the guy in line behind us that wants to play. Given their past demos (MGS2/3), this probably won't be a problem. It would also be nice if the game included a car/track combination that was also in GT4, for a direct comparison (virtually any car+Nürburgring would do the trick). Folks like Egghead could take screengrabs of both games for a true side-by-side comparison (in graphics, anyway).

Good points Jedi and Mc's Angel. :)

Also, Mc's Angel, Enthusia doesn't have to surpass GT4, it just has to be a good game. :) As long as it fun you'll play it right?

Integra Type R
Also, Mc's Angel, Enthusia doesn't have to surpass GT4, it just has to be a good game. :) As long as it fun you'll play it right?

Well, it will depend on how good and convenient it is to me if Enthusia isnt going to surpass GT4. I wouldnt buy Enthusia if pretty much GT4 already got the cars that are in Enthusia. I dont really count "racing" versions of all those cars as a must have, but I really count the street/road versions. If Enthusia have Xanavi Skyline and GT4 have Falken Skyline, I dont mind the difference. But I do mind if its something like Ferrari is in Enthusia and not in GT4! :embarrassed:

Its all of a matter of what car is in for me. If Enthusia just have cars that GT4 already have, then I wont get it. But if Enthusia have some other cars that I WANT and GT4 dont have it...then I will buy Enthusia just for those cars! :embarrassed:

The only way I would buy Enthusia automatically is if it contains the following:

Porsche
Lamborghini
Ferrari :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Integra Type R
Enthusia doesn't have to surpass GT4, it just has to be a good game. :) As long as it fun you'll play it right?
I completely agree here. The "fun" factor is very important. A good example is Race Driver 2. It's not in par with GT4 when it comes to simulation, but it's a gratifying and fun game to play.

To me, a lot of the fun of racing games comes down to how good the car acquistion process is. The big reason GT is such a phenomenom is because it really makes you feel like you own the cars, as opposed to most games which just feel like you unlocked them. (A big difference in my opinion)

Anyway, I'll give the demo a whirl. I definitely wanna see if Enthusia has game. Konami is a solid developer, so I have no doubt they can deliver.

Everyone already knows that GT4 has a legendary history. There is no conceivable way for Konami, of all companies, to make a better racer than Polyphony Digital. I mean come on, what else has PD ever MADE? Motor Toon Grand Prix I think was the only game Kaz ever created besides GT. Konami has made MGS, TMNT, and everything else BUT racing games. I won't be glancing at Enthusia ever. If it's not GT5, it's not worth being on the shelf next to GT4. It's trying to be GT. Does Mortal Kombat try to be Street Fighter? There is zero originality here..

1,000,000pts to GT4
1 pts to Enthusia (point for clever title)

decemberfenix
Everyone already knows that GT4 has a legendary history. There is no conceivable way for Konami, of all companies, to make a better racer than Polyphony Digital. I mean come on, what else has PD ever MADE? Motor Toon Grand Prix I think was the only game Kaz ever created besides GT. Konami has made MGS, TMNT, and everything else BUT racing games. I won't be glancing at Enthusia ever. If it's not GT5, it's not worth being on the shelf next to GT4. It's trying to be GT. Does Mortal Kombat try to be Street Fighter? There is zero originality here..

1,000,000pts to GT4
1 pts to Enthusia (point for clever title)

Your fanboyism is showing.

I particularly like the part about how MK doesn't try to be SF. That's quite true.. yet does that make MK less of a game? No. And are we allowed to play BOTH MK and SF if we want to? Sure. I do. What about Resident Evil and Silent Hill? Yep. MGS and Splinter Cell? Yep. Are we allowed to play BOTH GT and Enthusia? Yep.

Unless you can show me the law that states that I'm only allowed to play one racing game at a time.. or something in the EULA for GT that states I'm giving up my right to play every other racing game..

In the end, it doesn't matter whether Enthusia is better than GT. If it's a good racing game in it's own right, I'll buy it.

Yeah but the point I'm making is that Sub Zero isn't in Street Fighter too. But 800 Skylines are in GT4 as well as Enthusia I'm sure. It's the same cars, why do we need both? Unless Enthusia had at LEAST 30-50 DIFFERENT UNIQUE cars that GT4 doesn't have, it's seriously worthless to me. I know that's opinion..and MGS/Splinter Cell are entirely different. Racing simulations are pretty much the same..

decemberfenix
Yeah but the point I'm making is that Sub Zero isn't in Street Fighter too. But 800 Skylines are in GT4 as well as Enthusia I'm sure. It's the same cars, why do we need both? Unless Enthusia had at LEAST 30-50 DIFFERENT UNIQUE cars that GT4 doesn't have, it's seriously worthless to me. I know that's opinion..and MGS/Splinter Cell are entirely different. Racing simulations are pretty much the same..

Well, considering this thread is about the DEMO of the game that'll be packed in with OPM in about two weeks, how 'bout you hold off on your "it's just like GT" until we actually get a chance to PLAY it?

Cool, looking forward to playing it :) Hope I won't be dissapointed & it will provide some decent competition to GT4.

decemberfenix
hey decemberfenix, go easy.... racing simulations and racing games are NOT all pretty much the same.... that is just not right; So please stop talking in a wise way if you don't know, what you're talking about. Listen to somebody who has jp versions of GT1,2,3,C2002,Prol.,>>4<<, has played enthusia and forza himself, and has over 100 original racing games for over a dozen consoles including actual games like Kaido Battle series, Touge series, Battle Gear series and other games you probably have never heard of... maybe you can( or want) only afford one racing game right now, but chose the right words next time....

Back