Are our days numbered?

• Thread starter milefile
  • 14 comments
Seeing how Christmas is coming up and a lot of people will get PS2's and GT3's as gifts, how much of this thread's already small member base will remain?

I for one am fairly sure I'm getting PS2 and of course GT3. When I got GT2 I said I'd finish GT1 before I started it.

Right :rolleyes:

And I bet the same thing will happen again.

I understand you milefile and it is a threat. heck my mom ordered me a ps2 and GT3 on Monday, and GT3 came on my door step 30 minutes ago. The ps2 is coming by next week. I already beat GT2 and i almost completed all the races. but i will be transfering to the GT3 forum more than the GT2 forum.

that stinks.....how will we survive? well, i for one has to stick around, no PS2 for christmas, and i'm trying to get more people to come to this forum, i belive we can beat this thing.
............................it just takes lots of will power :rolleyes:

Who, me? I haven't beat the game. I have no idea what percent I'm at. But I've finished all the GT League races, all the Rally races, all the endurance races, and most of the rest. I haven't done like the station wagon cup, stuff like that. I also haven't done the manufacturer's races. I like the fast races so I stick with them. Lately I've been playing arcade mode and just doing time trials.

well, i've beaten the game at least twice, have had GT3 since July, and i'm still here :).
not planning to leave, either.

Originally posted by milefile
I haven't done like the station wagon cup, stuff like that.
You'd be surprised how many interesting races there are when you choose un-modded cars (well, maybe a full-race tranny) for the "other" events.

Try the Legacy Wagon GT-B '96 (prize car) for the wagon races will test you. It looks easy, but you have to beat them in just 2 laps. How about the SuperTouring Series? Try a car with under 250hp and normal tires; not quite as easy as it looks.

Sure, most of the Manufacturer's Events are boring, but try a stock Tuscan or Evo or Impreza or GT-R, and the races are more fun. If you get access to a GameShark, you can make some very fun 10-lap races out of these events.

Unlike the rest of you, this is probably the most financially bleakest Christmas I've experienced. Kathy and I spent all our money on a house; there's hardly a thing left for extras. I've been giving coupons for something more important than a mall gift for others: I'll do this and that for you; real favors and such on paper. But meeting with friends and family, distant relatives and a new family I want to get to know better; these are gifts better than anything else we can get at a shopping mall.

So as long as the PSX is still kicking, the purchase of a PS2 is quite out of the question for me. I honestly can't really justify the purchase of any other game; nothing else but GT3, maybe a good rally game or F1 game appeals to me anyhow.

So to return to the thread question: The only thing I fear is that the GT2 and GT1 forums will be merged; which is a virtual life sentence for us die-hard GT2 fans. I do not want that to happen, because the two games are quite different.

My hope is that GT3ers eventually come back to GT2 for a game or two; there are so many cars, and that's something that's tricky to duplicate in a game that only has roughly 2/3 of that. GT2 can be easily played on an emulator, whereas PS2 games can't (but as I type I'm sure some disjointed crew is working on it feverishly!).

No, I have been following GT2 online for about 20 months so far; I have seen the excitement die down with each passing week since the release of GT3. I’m sure GT1 fans saw the same exodus, and likewise for GT3 in the future, however, you discover members who just play the game and those who are addicted to The Real Driving Simulator.

Originally posted by pupik

Unlike the rest of you, this is probably the most financially bleakest Christmas I've experienced. Kathy and I spent all our money on a house; there's hardly a thing left for extras.

I hear ya. That was Carol and I last year. We'd bought a house as well, and had a wedding and gone on a pretty expensive honeymoon to Kauai in October. When Christmas rolled around we were still broke. But it makes this year seem more like like a luxury. But your redeemable coupons are a great idea, presents or no presents.

I've tried other driving games for PSX and they seem to pale in comparison to GT2. One called F1 Challenge (I think) was so stupid I played it I think twice, just so I would have something to say about it to the person who got it for me, who was the same person who got me GT2. I just remember the practice mode and this Australian guy barking out corrections and praise. "Yeah! That was great! Now wide open through the straight!" :rolleyes: I had to stop laughing just to drive.

I have had GT3 for around a year now and I still go back to play gt2. There is something about GT2 that gives it that [insert fancy french word, which I cant spell] I remember when I got gt2 I was like a kid in a candy store. Just looking at all the cars and being surprised at some of the ones I wasnt expecting. GT3 is nice but I dont think I ever got the same feeling I did with GT2. Of course GT1 was a whole different story, just having a game where the you got a selection of more than 20 or so cars was brilliant.

So I think the only thing that will stop me playing GT2 is GT4, or if my PSX explodes.

There - most definitly - are a lot of people who will simply forget gt2 with gt3 showing up. I for one prefer gt2. This isn´t 100% accurate since I don´t have gt3 and only played it a couple of times. GT3 has better graphics and sound :rolleyes: and some new kick-ass cars as well as a BETTER HARDER competition level i´ll give it that. Also a couple of new cool tracks ditching, however, other ones from gt2 (no rome night? ****ty option just to name one) but not having tested all tracks I can´t really say "better/worse" cases. GT2 has loooooooooooots of kick-ass cars kick-ass cars cars and cars that kick ass for being so bad and a better playability or different one for the purists (still I like it a lot more than gt3´s) - of course i´ve always played the game with tcs/asm helps wich was awful so again my opinion isn´t the most expirienced still I think cars in gt3 are a bit more clonewise - I´ve noticed this while driving the Tvr cerbera speed 12 one of my favourite cars; guess what - not even a bit of tyre smoke the thing that marked the car as unique and in gt2 couldn´t be "countered" no matter how much tcs or whatever you fitted in it . However this can be a biased or extreme example since I saw a fully pumped escudo spinning its weels out in 4th gear it´s a crazy car anyway. Something else in gt3 - not being able to play with full HP tune-ups in 2 player arcade but i´m not sure about this. To finish and to annoy the droollers and graphic worshipers gt3 visuals aren´t that great - I kept driving against the wall cause I was looking to the fab landscape all the time :odd: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by bla
There - most definitly - are a lot of people who will simply forget gt2 with gt3 showing up. I for one prefer gt2. This isn´t 100% accurate since I don´t have gt3 and only played it a couple of times. GT3 has better graphics and sound :rolleyes: and some new kick-ass cars as well as a BETTER HARDER competition level i´ll give it that. Also a couple of new cool tracks ditching, however, other ones from gt2 (no rome night? ****ty option just to name one) but not having tested all tracks I can´t really say "better/worse" cases. GT2 has loooooooooooots of kick-ass cars kick-ass cars cars and cars that kick ass for being so bad and a better playability or different one for the purists (still I like it a lot more than gt3´s) - of course i´ve always played the game with tcs/asm helps wich was awful so again my opinion isn´t the most expirienced still I think cars in gt3 are a bit more clonewise - I´ve noticed this while driving the Tvr cerbera speed 12 one of my favourite cars; guess what - not even a bit of tyre smoke the thing that marked the car as unique and in gt2 couldn´t be "countered" no matter how much tcs or whatever you fitted in it . However this can be a biased or extreme example since I saw a fully pumped escudo spinning its weels out in 4th gear it´s a crazy car anyway. Something else in gt3 - not being able to play with full HP tune-ups in 2 player arcade but i´m not sure about this. To finish and to annoy the droollers and graphic worshipers gt3 visuals aren´t that great - I kept driving against the wall cause I was looking to the fab landscape all the time :odd: :rolleyes:

Whoa... take a deep breath.

I had planned on getting a PS2 for my son for xmas on the condition he get a couple Fs off his grade card. no such luck, I just do'nt know what's wrong with that boy. I already have GT3 (I was planning ahead) I have played GT3 a couple times. The new game feels a little detached, I did'nt feel as connected to the car as I do with GT2 . I'm sure I'll still be into GT2 and be keeping tabs here at GT PLANET for a challenge or exchange info or reply to threads just like this one.

Back