Are you happy with Gran Turismo 6? Speak your voice directly at Polyphony Digital.

• Thread starter JDM SRE70
  • 131 comments

Are you happy with Gran Turismo 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If my comments are irelevant to this conversation, then why have people been liking them and why haven't they been deleted by a moderator? Exactly, my comments are relevant and the focus of PD is still on GT. And the fans might put a game out there but it is actually the company that does the hard yards, they promote the game with new partnerships and by the announcement of special DLC and, lets not forget this, but every single car on the 2014 Nurburgring 24 Hours had a GT banner across the top of its windscreen. Now if that's not advertising, I don't know what is.

As for your 2nd paragraph in your little argument, that is pretty useless, you have basically used your old reasoning, which was false to begin with, to respond to an argument that is far better thought out than both of your arguments and the worse thing about that is, I was right. I could find you a list of veteran companies that have made a mistake, I would do that but I don't want to prove you wrong... AGAIN! Oh and GT7 Prologue, well Kaz said himself that it's not happening.

Now to disect your 3rd and final paragraph. Calling me 'Ling Dingle' is ever-so childish. Now I now for a fact that this pathetic 'broken promises' business started in GT5, not GT1, so you're wrong again! Kaz crashing at the N24 has nothing to do with GT as a whole so why bring it up, you must be struggling for a legitimate argument. Now, micro-transactions, I've never used them and never will, and I'm sure that any money that is earnt through micro-transactions won't be going to Nissan to pay for some damage. Again, not a legitimate excuse.
it's Irrelevant to me go read it again, but hey your wrong in my book regardless, just as you think I'm wrong with my posting & opinions on how I feel about this half made broken game, so anyway jibber on about how much you enjoy it to be Honest I'm glad your enjoying the game & feel your getting your money's worth, outside of all this just move on if you don't like what I post, now I know how you feel about it & you know how I feel about the game, nuff said, now go race round & round over the same track for hrs on to earn some decent money to buy yourself another vacuumed motor car, as for me I'm gonna go do me some kill'n in Titan Fall later Bro.

Ps. No Pun attended but some here do agree with me & like my posts as well, till then.....Love peace & hair grease.

Last edited:
To be honest, the duplicates are ridiculous. Just wasting space that could've been used for some cars a majority would actually want. I mean if they're gonna be there, make the differences in design more noticeable. A different badge isn't enough to say "yup new car!"

Also Honda and Acura are primarily Japanese so it's kinda funny that Acura is labelled as an American brand :lol: (Yes, it is a US exclusive brand but come on)

And no, I've honestly found more fun in GT1-4 and have moved over to Forza, there is nothing in GT6 that calls me back and we're all tired of waiting for PD's broken promises.

/rant

Also Honda and Acura are primarily Japanese so it's kinda funny that Acura is labelled as an American brand :lol: (Yes, it is a US exclusive brand but come on)
Acura is only in North America & China and the majority of the cars sold under the Acura badge are in the USA so...

I understand that they're sold here but they're basically rebadged Hondas. At least that's how I see it anyways.
Except that most Acuras are not rebadged Hondas. There's no equivalent Honda badged vehicle to anything except the EL/CSX/ILX, Integra/RSX and NSX

EDIT: Plus the majority of them are assembled in the USA or Canada. I think the exception to that is the NSX

I voted NO,GT is still a SIMCADE.A lot of cars have unrealistically big understeer.Just PD prefers at the limit front tires first to lose grip slide,not the rear end.Yes it's not real physics it's a boring fight with the car to put in to the corner.
At least PD can include option on/off for hidden aides!for this does not have more power!!!!!!!!!!!
And these weird camber and toe stock angles?????Very realistic 👎

Last edited:
So you are not employed by PD?

If not, how are you going to convey our voices directly to them?

It's just the idea of the poll to get the yes or no answer. Jordan has confirmed PD do go through GTPlanet forums so indirectly i'd assume they'd see this as something they would prioritize as something to monitor if their fans are happy or not.

I am satisfied:) (can you hear me PD?) , otherwise I'd choose to play some other product (like I did 7 years ago) and forget about PD/GT and these forums for some time .
It is not ,that PD is the only company out there that tries to sell you driving experience and I'd rather spend my gaming time on playing games that make me feel good , than on useless "whining, crying , complaining,hating ..." on forums,just because product failed to deliver ME whatever I thought It should deliver.

PS: Off course GT is not without flaws or questionable design decisions (and there are promised features that are yet to come) but then, if there would be a perfect game out there , I guess we all would be playing that game and forget about GT.

After putting some hours into it, I'm satisfied; granted I didn't bother making the 1.8gig update. I feel with the tire physics, I'm able to go faster overall...maybe I'm imagining things, but it feels like I'm able to hit corners (LB) faster than GT5. The game froze once, but no big deal. Drifting....that's different ball park. Going from GT5 where I have no issues drifting, only to encounter it in GT6, resulting in not even being able to half way around before spinning out and meeting the wall. After many attempts, I have managed to pull off a small drift in the X-bow.......I have alot of work to do. I like them (tire physics). The tire physics overall, forces me to improve myself as a driver. Adapt and overcome.

I am not sure how to quantify my like/dislike for GT6. I guess I'll just make a list of pros and cons and do the math afterward. I will say that when I racing or cursing with friends and other who are down to have fun and drive clean, GT6 is a joy to play.

One of my PS friends (VR6CAS) said the aim of the entire GT series was for you to select a real world car, drive it around a real world track and be able to have close to the same experience you would have if were actually behind the wheel of that car on that track.

VR is one of the fastest drivers I know personally. And I feel his statement is true. Otherwise what’s the point of buying a simulator? The thing is a simulator without a wheel, shifter, seat and pedals is not really giving you a true picture/feel of what the real experience would be. It just can’t.

So like it or not, the GT series and I suspect other racers/simulations will almost make it mandatory to own a rig in order to get the real world experience the games aim to reproduce. For those of you who know VR, perhaps you also know that he drives with a D-PAD. I could only imagine how fast he would be with a wheel. So something I both like and dislike about Grand Turismo is having a wheel steps up the level or realism you experience. That’s fine if you if you have the $$ for a rig, frustrating if you don’t.

I can't truthfully compare GT6 against FMS because I've never played a lap in Forza and never will.
I've played PC Simms like GTR, GTR2 and R-Factor. And I really loved them.
They all sound much better than GT6. None of PC Simms I've played looked as good as GT5 or GT6. And frankly, they didn’t have the driving physics nailed. I don’t think any game including GT does. And unless you’ve driven a GT500 or Le Mans prototype, how the hell do you really know what it feels like?

You have to trust the creator of the game to have knowledge of what that experience is like, and how to transfer it to the gaming environment. That said, I do like what I’ve seen of Project Cars. And I know the realism nod may go to I-Racing due to the amount of real race car drivers who use it and swear it feels real to them.

I think KAZ and his current GT (5 &6) projects may have an edge in that area because KAZ is a race car driver, and the GT Academy drivers used GT5/6 for practice rounds. Bottom line is GT6 and all the other simulators are still in the end, games. So real is in the senses of the player.

I like the level of detail the PC games offer as far as adding and adjusting performance options.
In other words, if you understand how to setup and tune your car, you will do well in races against your peers or the AI opponents. In GT6, you either have performance options either turned on or off.

In GT6/7 the room owner needs the ability to either allow or disallow each individual tuning option.
The room owner should be able to have racers create car that are stock except for whatever individual options the room owner wants to allow. So the performance point system is not my favorite thing.
In my opinion it should gotten rid of.

The menuing system is OK. But in key areas (like garage/tuning/painting) the menu is still very clunky.
The weights and measures for cars (Torque/HP/top speed/Gear Ratios/Tires and so on) are not accurate.
That information in what the creator (Kaz) described as not just a racing game but an encyclopedia of cars should be spot on. It is not. In fact even the detail between body styles of different model years is off. So the game is not authentic and that's a killer.

The various car classifications is hosed IMO. The list cars allowed to race against each other needs to be researched and updated and applied to the game. I’m sure I am not the only one to notice there is no longer a Touring Car class? And that the LMGT class is a mystery because the two premium Corvette LM cars are not allowed to participate in LMGT races. That’s kind of silly.

The amount of DLC cars and tracks has been disappointing. Where are the Ferrari and McLaren GT3 cars? Where are the La Ferrari and the McLaren P1? Where are Imola and Oschersleben?

Finally, I think all the standard cars should be updated to premium. And why not update the RUF line with new premiums as well as updating the RUF old models? That would quell a lot of the thrust for Porsche which may or may not ever come to GT. The micro transactions are a mixed bag. On one had they offer instant gratification while on the other hand they force the player to part with real money.

The cost of the cars and upgrades has been pushed up while the ability to make credits via various events has been lowered. So they are in effect forcing you to spend real money, or wait a very long time to make enough credits to afford some models of cars. That’s almost rip off territory.
So while I do like GT6, I'm very disappointed with it.

PRO:
Physics model is good/Graphics for premium cars/Real world track replication/Sky box, lighting and weather effects/Car selection despite standards/Night racing.

I am not sure how to quantify my like/dislike for GT6. I guess I'll just make a list of pros and cons and do the math afterward. I will say that when I racing or cursing with friends and other who are down to have fun and drive clean, GT6 is a joy to play.

One of my PS friends (VR6CAS) said the aim of the entire GT series was for you to select a real world car, drive it around a real world track and be able to have close to the same experience you would have if were actually behind the wheel of that car on that track.

VR is one of the fastest drivers I know personally. And I feel his statement is true. Otherwise what’s the point of buying a simulator? The thing is a simulator without a wheel, shifter, seat and pedals is not really giving you a true picture/feel of what the real experience would be. It just can’t.

So like it or not, the GT series and I suspect other racers/simulations will almost make it mandatory to own a rig in order to get the real world experience the games aim to reproduce. For those of you who know VR, perhaps you also know that he drives with a D-PAD. I could only imagine how fast he would be with a wheel. So something I both like and dislike about Grand Turismo is having a wheel steps up the level or realism you experience. That’s fine if you if you have the $$ for a rig, frustrating if you don’t.

I can't truthfully compare GT6 against FMS because I've never played a lap in Forza and never will.
I've played PC Simms like GTR, GTR2 and R-Factor. And I really loved them.
They all sound much better than GT6. None of PC Simms I've played looked as good as GT5 or GT6. And frankly, they didn’t have the driving physics nailed. I don’t think any game including GT does. And unless you’ve driven a GT500 or Le Mans prototype, how the hell do you really know what it feels like?

You have to trust the creator of the game to have knowledge of what that experience is like, and how to transfer it to the gaming environment. That said, I do like what I’ve seen of Project Cars. And I know the realism nod may go to I-Racing due to the amount of real race car drivers who use it and swear it feels real to them.

I think KAZ and his current GT (5 &6) projects may have an edge in that area because KAZ is a race car driver, and the GT Academy drivers used GT5/6 for practice rounds. Bottom line is GT6 and all the other simulators are still in the end, games. So real is in the senses of the player.

I like the level of detail the PC games offer as far as adding and adjusting performance options.
In other words, if you understand how to setup and tune your car, you will do well in races against your peers or the AI opponents. In GT6, you either have performance options either turned on or off.

In GT6/7 the room owner needs the ability to either allow or disallow each individual tuning option.
The room owner should be able to have racers create car that are stock except for whatever individual options the room owner wants to allow. So the performance point system is not my favorite thing.
In my opinion it should gotten rid of.

The menuing system is OK. But in key areas (like garage/tuning/painting) the menu is still very clunky.
The weights and measures for cars (Torque/HP/top speed/Gear Ratios/Tires and so on) are not accurate.
That information in what the creator (Kaz) described as not just a racing game but an encyclopedia of cars should be spot on. It is not. In fact even the detail between body styles of different model years is off. So the game is not authentic and that's a killer.

The various car classifications is hosed IMO. The list cars allowed to race against each other needs to be researched and updated and applied to the game. I’m sure I am not the only one to notice there is no longer a Touring Car class? And that the LMGT class is a mystery because the two premium Corvette LM cars are not allowed to participate in LMGT races. That’s kind of silly.

The amount of DLC cars and tracks has been disappointing. Where are the Ferrari and McLaren GT3 cars? Where are the La Ferrari and the McLaren P1? Where are Imola and Oschersleben?

Finally, I think all the standard cars should be updated to premium. And why not update the RUF line with new premiums as well as updating the RUF old models? That would quell a lot of the thrust for Porsche which may or may not ever come to GT. The micro transactions are a mixed bag. On one had they offer instant gratification while on the other hand they force the player to part with real money.

The cost of the cars and upgrades has been pushed up while the ability to make credits via various events has been lowered. So they are in effect forcing you to spend real money, or wait a very long time to make enough credits to afford some models of cars. That’s almost rip off territory.
So while I do like GT6, I'm very disappointed with it.

PRO:
Physics model is good/Graphics for premium cars/Real world track replication/Sky box, lighting and weather effects/Car selection despite standards/Night racing.

Read this:http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/IA-Kart-100-physics-problem/td-p/21718397

GT6 is probably my last try with GT series, I just bought it because I already have a ps3, so why not give it a try?
But now, I'm sure that they never gonna change the game, the main issues will remain for ever while other franchises steps forward, so there's no more reason to me to put my money on it.
Next time I will switch to another certain game that you all know, but I better not write its name here.

I think it would be good if there was an Easy, Hard, Professional, and Expert level in both A-spec and Online mode like other racing games do. The AI should be more competitive and not slow down or challenge you once passed them. There are many more things that I'm sick of repeating so won't go into it as many here have expressed what I think also.

GT6 is probably my last try with GT series, I just bought it because I already have a ps3, so why not give it a try?
But now, I'm sure that they never gonna change the game, the main issues will remain for ever while other franchises steps forward, so there's no more reason to me to put my money on it.
Next time I will switch to another certain game that you all know, but I better not write its name here.
Do yourself a favour and try Assetto Corsa. You wont regret it.

It might be lacking in content, but it NAILS the driving physics. (provided you have a decent wheel)

My Issue's

Single Player
1. AI, really really poor. Unbelievable they haven't done anything here! Very release its the same complaint.
2. Rowling starts. Sometimes is ok but every single race? This is probably done because the AI is so poor but still.
3. No Qualifying. Again probably due to the poor AI.
4. No Damage. Again a well known complaint.
5. No endurance races. 24 Minutes is a joke T.B.H.
6. Fuel tanks run out before RS tires. Just made the "endurance" races even more of a joke.

Online (Time Trials)
Nothing, there great.

Online (Races.)
1. No structure, Only open lobby and players required to organize themselves
2. Ghost passes, Noting more frustrating than going defensive into a corner just to see the car you were trying to block drive through you.
3. Penalties, These need to be way more intuitive.
4. Due to lots of the above issues finding races online where overtaking battles are fair and fun are rare because players are trained from the moment they start playing GT6 (online or offline) that patent, fair overtaking moves take too much time and aren't worth it.

To be honest first time i played gran turismo for real was when i was about 8. i played gran turismo 4 but then the cd got scratched, my ps2 broke and i couldn't play it anymore. After a few years I had a really big urge to play that game again. So i bought Gran turismo 6 for the ps3. And i am really happy with it, mostly because it brings back memories, and i can re-live them.

No, No, & again NO! I bought 2 copies.
They could do a better job, in many ways I feel they have decided to hang on to old cruft that needed to be culled. Delete the 30 Miatas that are just filler, we really won't miss them. Same with the old Skylines, what purpose do they serve? Midnight purple... is a extra car all on it's own? What kinda stuff are you smoking? New platform coming up for the next edition, time to purge the pipes. Give us the benefit of the doubt, you can always make that cruft DLC. Maybe some chuckle heads will actually pay you for it.
I see it as extra garbage hanging on so you can claim a higher car count. Oh we don't want those ugly critters as prize cars either.
Wow it's a lot of fun to rant;)

I'm still cool with GT6. The new update was pretty sick, actually. Nice to see one of the new online modes PD kept preaching to us! And the new track is to die for :) Sorry haters, but I'm happy and with the way these updates keep going, it's only gonna get better!
Who cares if there's 30 Miatas, it's not hurting anybody by them being there. And it gives the Miata boys something to be happy about because there's a 90% chance the exact year, trim and country Miata that they own! I wish I could claim that my 86 kouki coupe AE86 was in the game! C'mon PD, give me my coupe!

I like GT6 for this reason that I play in the GT series since its beginning, and I think there is no better game of gran turismo, of course, like everyone else I have my own but, I think PD focuses too much on the project VisionGT, and too little attention to the thing that we all expect, that more possibilities to modify, more accurate setup possibilities, interiors, better cars sound, and of course track creator, which are all waiting impatiently.

I like GT6 for this reason that I play in the GT series since its beginning, and I think there is no better game of gran turismo, of course, like everyone else I have my own but, I think PD focuses too much on the project VisionGT, and too little attention to the thing that we all expect, that more possibilities to modify, more accurate setup possibilities, interiors, better cars sound, and of course track creator, which are all waiting impatiently.
don't forget the livery creator

Just finished my 3 screen setups as PS3 getting cheaper and cheaper due to PS4 upgrades for most people.

10620140_10152771219732145_8572583304985886101_o.jpg

I'll stuck with GT6 for a very long time then. Kudos to PD team

try to drive 787B on cockpit view with all aids off + 5.1 surround and LED screen.......

Back