ARL Wednesday Nights - Gr4 Championship

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 7,278 comments
I am ready for it. Sign me up for auto-confirm!

Also, I like going back to the roots of the original first 3 seasons of doing them as one-make races.

What can I say, my trophy case is getting pretty full

S6 Euro Cup Champ

GR4 TROPHY.jpg

S7 'Muricas Cup Champ

20200522_085523.jpg

S8 Asian Cup o' noodles Champ

GR4S8G.jpg

If that ain't the Triple Crown I don't know what is!

Gonna be taking a nice long vacation from simracing for awhile. Thanks for the fun times everyone. See you guys down the road

S6 Euro Cup Champ

View attachment 922956

S7 'Muricas Cup Champ

View attachment 922957

View attachment 922958

Gonna be taking a nice long vacation from simracing for awhile. Thanks for the fun times everyone. See you guys down the road
going out on top!!!! see ya when you get back, its been a pleasure being dusted by you!

S6 Euro Cup Champ

View attachment 922956

S7 'Muricas Cup Champ

View attachment 922957

View attachment 922958

Enjoy your time off. You are always welcome to join in when you want.
Thanks for all of the support @SAMHAIN85!

Was a fun evening - thanks for my first ‘christening’ into the arl - looking forward to a full season :cheers:
It was good to run into you again. Always good racing. But, if you check the standings, you'll note I was unsuccessful in my bid to stay in the top 25. Thanks a lot, fellow Canuck in an NSX. lmao. In one night you got over 50% of what I got all season! See you again soon on the track.

S6 Euro Cup Champ

View attachment 922956

S7 'Muricas Cup Champ

View attachment 922957

View attachment 922958

It was a pleasure to have met you. Your presence has been a help to me starting out; hosting practices, feature races, streaming ARL races for me to use for training, and that drop-in session while I was at Goodwood was fun, and instructional. Looking forward to your return.

Big thanks to all drivers who participated in Season 8 and making it a great success and a lot of fun.
We will be taking a week off before Season 9 starts, but next Wednesday, @PApunk924 will be hosting a ARL special event. Keep your eyes on the ARL sub folder for an upcoming announcement.
Also, details will be posted about season 9 on Friday.
Once again, thank you everyone.
I too would like to sign up for an auto confirm for season 9.

I just want to add my "Thank You"s as well, @Nick Cannella for a well run and truly entertaining season of racing. And to @ryan23kirk23 and others is the background, @PApunk924 ? Scoring?. More?

It has been a hoot racing with you people and I'm looking forward to season 9. As it's only my 3rd season, a throwback to ARL's roots is going to be all new for me. In light of my car choice for season 8 I am thrilled to see spec racing for season 9. Nobody, I mean NOBODY, told me that a Honda NSX likes to amble away from a start line rather than make a bolt for it. lmao.

It was good to run into you again. Always good racing. But, if you check the standings, you'll note I was unsuccessful in my bid to stay in the top 25. Thanks a lot, fellow Canuck in an NSX. lmao. In one night you got over 50% of what I got all season! See you again soon on the track.
‍♂️ Oops! Lol

I see a window of opportunity for a couple of practice nights I’ve been thinking about. This is a cross forum post so bear with me.

If you, like me, dread the ‘reverse grid’ race; If you pull over on the start grid; If not being DFL in a race is considered ‘good enough’; and being DFL isn’t unheard of…this might be for you. I have 3 months experience in these leagues and feel I'm still on the vertical portion of my learning curve, which is exacerbated by being on the down slope of life.

SNAIL spec racing & ARL Gr 4 are between seasons and holding dirt rally racing in the off season (1 night each). I am more interested in improving my road racing skills. Ever since ARL had those school nights I’ve wanted to get back together with my fellow students. I’m thinking more of a student study group than a formal class. A ‘Tips and Tricks’ share session. Some things I’ve considered are: a) racing with no passing allowed b) small group battles, but wait for anyone who goes off, c) track walks, etc.

To this end I will have open a “Rookie Training Workshop” lobby and a Party chat by 9 pm eastern on Sunday, May 24th and Wednesday, May 27th. I’m tagging the following based on stringent and secret criteria…unknown even to me. If I missed you, join in. If you can’t make it, there’ll be more. If you’re offended that you’re on the list…that’s why that stringent criteria is secret.

Attn:

@Sandite5, @Drummer79 @Doc_Plottin @Banshee420 @BPeacock2727 @Camaro DR @Helmethead @Razor440 @basswerks1 @Skills @McTrucker

Last edited:
Just a heads up, I've change the time for me to open a lobby to 9 pm each night, more in keeping with when these nights usually happen.

Back