ARL NASCAR Fantasy League 2021

This is a trick question. The question asks how many races in the season. There are 26 "regular season" races and 10 "post season" races to equal 36 total races between Daytona 500 and the Miami Closer. Without the definition of "season" one has to conclude that you mean total between the opening and closing of the NASCAR season. So I say 36. lol.

This is a trick question. The question asks how many races in the season. There are 26 "regular season" races and 10 "post season" races to equal 36 total races between Daytona 500 and the Miami Closer. Without the definition of "season" one has to conclude that you mean total between the opening and closing of the NASCAR season. So I say 36. lol.

Between Daytona and....Miami? Check the schedule again.

I'll be...🤬 they changed the schedule on me. Well then between Daytona and Phoenix then. :cheers:

Yeah I’m not a fan but it is what it is. I’d like to see a double header championship in Charlotte. Run the road course then the oval the next week. Then, if the cup series ever starts running dirt like they should, they could have a triple header and run the dirt track across the street.

I'd like to see the NASCAR race cars continue to get back to looking like their production models. They seem to fiddle with a mix of spec, template / production resembling race cars, but NASCAR was literally built on racing production cars right off the lot. Just my op.

Answer: Prohibition bootlegging

Back in the days of prohibition when @Nick Cannella was making spreadsheets with pencil and paper, bootleggin' was big business. Rum runners needed cars that could out run the law without looking too suspicious. They would take ordinary looking stock cars and modify them to go faster, handle better, and haul more moonshine. Naturally, @Nick Cannella and the boys got together and started racing each other. It eventually got so popular that a man named Bill France organized the sport into the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing.

There's much debate among car enthusiasts about what "stock car racing" is. You often read in the comments, "why is it called NASCAR if it's not even a stock car?!?!?" blah blah blah. Maybe this shed some light if you're one of those. Stock car racing was never really stock to begin with. They were only meant to appear stock. The modern translation for this will probably always be under scrutiny.

The Next Gen car will be interesting. The goal is to "put the stock back in stock racing", which they aim to do mainly with the powertrain. It has sort of become opposite of the original formula. However, I agree that it will be the right move to bring the sport into 2020. I expect to see some sort of merge with IMSA, but that's just me speculating.

http://prohibition.themobmuseum.org/the-history/prohibition-potpourri/nascar-and-prohibition/

^^^Good short read^^^

Sorry Nick :cheers:

I'd like to see the NASCAR race cars continue to get back to looking like their production models. They seem to fiddle with a mix of spec, template / production resembling race cars, but NASCAR was literally built on racing production cars right off the lot. Just my op.

Read the first quote and the link that follows. You'll find that NASCAR was not actually built on racing production cars off the lot.

NASCAR FANTASY LIVE 2020

The 2020 season of the NASCAR Cup Series begins Sunday, February 16 with the 62nd Annual running of the Daytona 500!

I will be hosting an ARL fantasy league through the official NASCAR Fantasy Live game. You can access this for free through the official NASCAR app OR through the NASCAR website. Instructions to join are as follows:
  • Go to: www.nascar.com OR download the official NASCAR app through your mobile device.
  • Create a username and password
  • Build your profile
  • You will eventually be prompted to "join a league" where there are two options: public or private.
  • ARL will be a private league
  • How to join:
    • League name: American Racing League (ARL)
    • Motto: Closer Than You Think
    • Password: arl2020
  • You should see my name "NASCARNATE_91" in the roster to confirm.
  • READ THE "HOW TO PLAY" RULES

Question of the day: At which track will NASCAR be hosting a points paying double header in the 2020 season?

A: Charlotte
B: Watkins Glen
C: Pocono
D: Atlanta
C

Lol what's with all these questions with Dick Trickle as an answer?

I made a post about my family ties with the Trickle family over in the SNAIL thread a few years back.

I still have my Chris Trickle shirt from the mid 90s somewhere buried in my closet that I'll have to pull out and show you guys.

In early 2019 before the Vegas race, Kurt Busch payed tribute to my uncle using his original livery he won with him back in 1999.

Isn't Dick Trickle what you get after being with an unclean woman?

NASCAR FANTASY LIVE 2020

The 2020 season of the NASCAR Cup Series begins Sunday, February 16 with the 62nd Annual running of the Daytona 500!

I will be hosting an ARL fantasy league through the official NASCAR Fantasy Live game. You can access this for free through the official NASCAR app OR through the NASCAR website. Instructions to join are as follows:
  • Go to: www.nascar.com OR download the official NASCAR app through your mobile device.
  • Create a username and password
  • Build your profile
  • You will eventually be prompted to "join a league" where there are two options: public or private.
  • ARL will be a private league
  • How to join:
    • League name: American Racing League (ARL)
    • Motto: Closer Than You Think
    • Password: arl2020
  • You should see my name "NASCARNATE_91" in the roster to confirm.
  • READ THE "HOW TO PLAY" RULES

Question of the day: Who won the 2019 Daytona 500?

A: Dick Trickle
B: Sam Hain
C: Denny Hamlin
D: Joey Logano
D

Lol what's with all these questions with Dick Trickle as an answer?

I made a post about my family ties with the Trickle family over in the SNAIL thread a few years back.

I still have my Chris Trickle shirt from the mid 90s somewhere buried in my closet that I'll have to pull out and show you guys.

In early 2019 before the Vegas race, Kurt Busch payed tribute to my uncle using his original livery he won with him back in 1999.

Well that’s a pretty wild coincidence. I was just using his name for a chuckle. I’ve been thinking of making a question where he is actually the answer. It’s terrible what happened to Chris and Dick. That’s cool you had that connection with them. I remember you saying Kurt Busch was a family friend but I never heard how. Very weird how I put your guys names next to each other. Somehow the stars just aligned on ARL NASCAR Fantasy 2020. I think it’s a sign you should join!

Back