ARL NASCAR Fantasy League 2021

So dumb. I go into work at three. Needs to start at 1

I think they're starting at 4 because that's when most people are getting off work. Huge disappointment today. It was shaping up to be an amazing event. The President of the United States giving the command to start engines, Air Force Thunderbirds air show, Jimmie Johnson's last 500, Dale Jr. waving the green flag. This race is a big deal. Maybe mother nature just decided it was better to run it on Presidents Day.

I watched the crash a few times and that was a nasty crash.....I really hope he’s ok but I agree it looked really bad

D875D510-DFFF-4313-86B2-2082B6924762.png

His wife announced a split four days ago too. What a rough time for him.

The doctors at Halifax are top notch though.

Watched the replay several times. The car bent on impact with LaJoie. I'm glad he's still with us. I wouldn't be surprised if the split was over his continued racing at 49 when everybody he started with has or is retiring.

Watched the replay several times. The car bent on impact with LaJoie. I'm glad he's still with us. I wouldn't be surprised if the split was over his continued racing at 49 when everybody he started with has or is retiring.

i think he's 42

glad i threw blaney in before the end....

I had Newman on my team and he was the only one on my roster that I had left at the end.

Now that the restrictor plate racing is behind us for now it’ll be time to actually get down to business.

Still following Ryan Newman updates and there’s nothing new yet other than he’s still at Halifax. Hoping he will be able to maintain some quality of life after a full recovery.

I had Newman on my team and he was the only one on my roster that I had left at the end.

Now that the restrictor plate racing is behind us for now it’ll be time to actually get down to business.

Still following Ryan Newman updates and there’s nothing new yet other than he’s still at Halifax. Hoping he will be able to maintain some quality of life after a full recovery.
Nearly the same.

I dread the release stating his injuries. And Roush is on a bind. Who's gonna sub?

I had David Ragan and subbed him out for Elliot because of the difference in stage points. Elliot scored more, but if I would've subbed him out for Johnson or Almirola, I'd have close to 200 points. :banghead:

The wreck with Lagano with like 5 to go killed me.

I also realized I picked Hamlin and Chevy to win, i don't know why.

I had David Ragan and subbed him out for Elliot because of the difference in stage points. Elliot scored more, but if I would've subbed him out for Johnson or Almirola, I'd have close to 200 points. :banghead:

The wreck with Lagano with like 5 to go killed me.

I also realized I picked Hamlin and Chevy to win, i don't know why.

The superspeedways are always a crapshoot roll of the dice. I wouldn’t beat yourself up over it. I sometimes pick a different manufacturer winner than a driver winner as well. I do it to try and cover more bases if I don’t feel confident about who’s going to win.

There's no doubt that the seat got moved. I'm pretty sure the harness is mounted separately from the seat which is worrisome to think about. Let alone the fact that the impact was directly at the driver window. I hate to speculate but its certainly been weighing pretty heavy on my mind today.

5 point harness is mounted immediately behind the seat to the floor I believe. He's awful lucky they moved the seats closer to the center of the car in 2008.

5 point harness is mounted immediately behind the seat to the floor I believe. He's awful lucky they moved the seats closer to the center of the car in 2008.
I think the cage not the floor. Could be wrong. I’d be willing to bet you see nascar try to make a push to to find a way to end the last lap chaos at “plate” tracks after this.

The only way to end this is to take the plates off. And they ain't doing that.
i feel they can go back to the beach, knock the turns down, make it a mile and a half, race on the road course.... there are more than just "take the plates off" but agree, none of it will happen...

i also dont kow if taking the plates off will change anything accept the speed at which they hit each other... i think with the track being as big as it is... they can still be flat out around that track and it then becomes drafting again... unless they take the plates off.... and the rear spoilers....

Back