ARL NASCAR Fantasy League 2021

Taking plates off will reduce any pack formations. Speeds would be in excess of 215-225 average. Unrestricted tests were already done. We can't change NASCAR by cutting track sizes or making everything a road course. They'll look at safety options again, but there's not much else to do with a full bodied car. Had it been open wheel, Newman would surely be dead.

They do anything to change Daytona, they will kill the sport completely.

Taking plates off will reduce any pack formations. Speeds would be in excess of 215-225 average. Unrestricted tests were already done. We can't change NASCAR by cutting track sizes or making everything a road course. They'll look at safety options again, but there's not much else to do with a full bodied car. Had it been open wheel, Newman would surely be dead.

They do anything to change Daytona, they will kill the sport completely.

im sure the same was said (sport ruined) when they moved it onto the speedway off the beach for the first time...
at 215+ its more about keeping cars in the confines of the race track when something goes wrong...

and they havent made any tracks shorter... maybe they need to to get back to the root of the sport and include more short tracks... only 2 true short tracks i can think of on the calendar right now...

i would like to see like iRacing have a daytona with like 10 degrees less banking just to see what the racing would be like...

nothing will happen though, youre right.....i guess we just have to wait for another driver to die or for some fans to take a stock car in the face before we see them finally address the superspeedway races....

I like plate racing because it’s unique to NASCAR. I do think it’s getting out of hand though. Even besides the injuries, waiting through all the cautions is miserable. At speed the Daytona 500 should only take roughly 2.5 hours. If somebody spins by themself down to the infield it takes them 6 laps of caution to clean up nothing. That is unacceptable. I know the crews work hard but I think it’s a big turn off for potential new fans to have to sit through that.

Couple of ideas that I had:

1: It would be really weird at first, but I think it might be worth considering moving the driver seat to the center of the car.

2: Ban blocking. There’s nothing honorable about blocking so I doubt anybody would miss it and it would cut down about 75% of the wrecks.

#1 improves car safety and #2 reduces the amount of wrecks. Neither one would change what the racing looks like or need to make drastic changes to the track.

NASCAR and track owners have been in a tricky situation ever since the speed of the cars started out growing these superspeedways back in the 80s.

they are moving the driver further toward the middle with the next car coming up. Still probably a left side bias. But I’ve heard about 6-8 inches further toward the center.

I don’t know about blocking. I think if cars can “lock bumpers” to pass people, that wreck will still happen.

Yeah those wrecks will still happen for sure but I think they would be greatly reduced. When drivers are allowed to block they become unpredictable which leads to getting crossed up.

There is absolutely no reason for the Same track configuration to be built and used in nascar........
Kansas
Vegas
Chicago
Kentucky (different, but Racing is good)
California (different but not really)
Michigan (different but not really)
Iowa

we only need 2 of the above, OR 4 locations ONE RACE EACH!

then there’s
Texas
Charlotte
Atlanta

we only need To run ONCE at each, then we can go there and run their road course layouts.

I absolutely love watching Daytona, but open the road course for the 2nd race let talledega have 2 races.

need north wilksborro back, and rockingham.

need more short tracks like bristol. We all love that racing.

pocono is a prime example. THERE IS ONE LAYOUT AND ITS RAN TWICE A YEAR DONE!

Need to add a dirt race. Period. Maybe 2!!

Big tracks were built to accommodate the larger crowds but it’s only turned them away from the sport due to the absolutely aweful Racing it provides.
Bring the smaller tracks and the sport will turn around.

There is absolutely no reason for the Same track configuration to be built and used in nascar........
Kansas
Vegas
Chicago
Iowa

then there’s
Texas
Charlotte
Atlanta

we only need To run ONCE at each, then we can go there and run their road course layouts.

I absolutely love watching Daytona, but open the road course for the 2nd race let talledega have 2 races.

Big tracks were built to accommodate the larger crowds but it’s only turned them away from the sport due to the absolutely aweful Racing it provides.
I just don’t get how people like formula 1 more. I mean in NASCAR you have way more parity and you can actually watch the cars race around the entire track (depending on where you sit). I love the idea of road courses cutting through the infield. It’ll take away the stale feeling from running the same layout over and over but you can also see the cars race through the entire track.

Kansas
Vegas
Chicago
Iowa

then there’s
Texas
Charlotte
Atlanta

I agree with all of this. The dirt track in Charlotte and probably Eldora has plenty of seating capacity to host a cup level event.

There is no such thing as a plate track anymore. They don’t run restrictor plates anymore. They use a tapered spacer...:rolleyes:

I wasn’t saying change the track. They could look at banning blocking, they could change the shapes of the bumpers so they either physically can’t bump draft without spinning the other guy out, or so that when they bump draft there is less likelyhood of it causing an “offset” hit on the lead car spinning them out.

But more importantly the biggest change is the fans. The fans love the wrecks, they love the drama... If more fans would realize how bad this could be and realize that they shouldn’t love racing for that, then the sport wouldn’t dramatize it so much. In the end it’s all about keeping the fans coming back and gaining new fans. If the majority of the fans become true fans of the sport and stop wanting wrecks and drama I bet the racing would make a general turn for the better. I’m rambling I’ll shut my ugly face.

EDIT: This is just my opinion. And you know the saying, “opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one, and most are pretty sh***y”....

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a plate track anymore. They don’t run restrictor plates anymore. They use a tapered spacer...:rolleyes:

I wasn’t saying change the track. They could look at banning blocking, they could change the shapes of the bumpers so they either physically can’t bump draft without spinning the other guy out, or so that when they bump draft there is less likelyhood of it causing an “offset” hit on the lead car spinning them out.

But more importantly the biggest change is the fans. The fans love the wrecks, they love the drama... If more fans would realize how bad this could be and realize that they shouldn’t love racing for that, then the sport wouldn’t dramatize it so much. In the end it’s all about keeping the fans coming back and gaining new fans. If the majority of the fans become true fans of the sport and stop wanting wrecks and drama I bet the racing would make a general turn for the better. I’m rambling I’ll shut my ugly face.

EDIT: This is just my opinion. And you know the saying, “opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one, and most are pretty sh***y”....

Lol that’s what these forums are for man. We’re all just in here BSing.

I agree with you, I hate when people say “I just watch for the wrecks”

I just don’t get how people like formula 1 more. I mean in NASCAR you have way more parity and you can actually watch the cars race around the entire track (depending on where you sit). I love the idea of road courses cutting through the infield. It’ll take away the stale feeling from running the same layout over and over but you can also see the cars race through the entire track.
I like both equally. But for different reasons. I think they are both the pinnacle of their style of racing. Neither can do the others as well at the level these guys are at. Both are amazing feats of engineering. I really have been enjoying INDYCARs resurgence lately too. Sure they are a spec series. But the racing is good. And still An engineering marvel.

I think it would be awesome if they went back to the beach. Not for the 500. But. Like a different all star race or something. Hahaha. Maybe get rid of the Busch crash race and turn it into the Busch beach race. Only last years polesitters though, like it should be! Hahaha.

Can't take away the block. Your job is to win the race, not give it away. You can ruin a sport in many different ways. NASCAR nearly cut their own throats mid Y2K. I almost think they're intentional in driving away fans.

5D281B04-30C7-40E6-A98A-55D86A403D5B.jpeg

Amazing.

Back