ARL Open Wheel Championship - cfawesome Wins Championship!!

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 217 comments
I would like to test out a different qualifying format tonight if everyone is up for it.

It will basically consist of 1 out lap, 1 hot lap, and 1 cool down lap.

How it will work:

All drivers will wait in their vehicle in the pits.
The first driver will exit the pits to start their out lap.
Once the first driver crosses the start/finish line to start their hot lap the next driver will exit the pits to start their out lap
After the second driver crosses the start/finish line to start their hot lap the next the next driver will exit the pits to start their out lap
this will continue until drivers have exited the pits to start qualifying

Cool down lap:
After completing your hot lap/qualifying lap please continue to drive until you are a safe distance from the start/finish line
Then please exit the track and return to the lobby until qualifying is over.
Please remain greened up while in the lobby or your qualifying time will be nullified.

How do I know when to exit the pits to start qualifying?:
Please join the party chat. The lobby host will let you know when its your turn to exit the pits via party chat.

If this ends up being a total mess we will just do a 10 minute open qualifier.
Could you go back into the pits and just sit there while waiting for the rest to qualify or if you go in the pits it screws up your time? Like pit stop but don’t select tires

I will try to come play every now and then. I already race in another series on mondays that starts at 8pm central time.

As long as psn lets me play tonight ill give it a go

Damn, i may need to run some laps before as a lil practice lol

I have been playing GT sport for some time now, how do I join this league, how do I find it in the lobby ?thanks.

ohhh forgot about this... will try to hit next months... what time do entry's close in case i do end up with time tonight?

A slight maybe
giphy (5).gif

And I'm enjoying the show!

Post race notes:

15 drivers for an open wheel race! That was awesome!

I liked the qualifying format but I need to tweak it a bit to speed things up.

Super formula settings seemed spot on.

F1 felt like maybe the tires and fuel needed to be tweaked.

Congrats to @Jacob Falcon for the podium in the F1 race. That was unexpected and well deserved. Really made me smile to hear how happy you were. The F1 car really agrees with you.

As for the rest of us we need to practice with that monster. I guess there is a reason there are soo few F1 drivers in the world.

Hope to see everyone again next month at big willow.

Post race notes:

15 drivers for an open wheel race! That was awesome!

I liked the qualifying format but I need to tweak it a bit to speed things up.

Super formula settings seemed spot on.

F1 felt like maybe the tires and fuel needed to be tweaked.

Congrats to @Jacob Falcon for the podium in the F1 race. That was unexpected and well deserved. Really made me smile to hear how happy you were. The F1 car really agrees with you.

As for the rest of us we need to practice with that monster. I guess there is a reason there are soo few F1 drivers in the world.

Hope to see everyone again next month at big willow.
I mean if y’all don’t want to practice with the car it’s cool with me lol thanks @PApunk924

Back