ARL Open Wheel Championship - cfawesome Wins Championship!!

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 217 comments
Since there is only one race left in the season, its time to discuss next season and possible changes to the format.

First off, the cars:
If we stay with 2 vehicles per race I would like to keep the SF19 and for the 2nd vehicle do we want to stay with the F1 or go with maybe the F1500TA or maybe even one of the red bull cars?

There is also the option of maybe doing a different open wheel car each week. I think we have a good idea of which cars work best at each track (F1's at Tokyo are amazing).

Next is qualifying:
I think our current format works great and doesn't really need to be changed.

Races:
I was thinking of keeping the 2 race format but possibly changing the Time of Day between the races

Let me know your thoughts on everything. I'm sure we can make this series even better for next season.

My vote would be:

6, 9 or 12 rounds, each two races.

All with SF19, equal tracks for each of the F1, F1500, and RB.

6 races would be 2 races each for the other cars, 9 would be 3 etc..

That way it strikes a nice balance and has something for everyone?

I like the two race format. Changing time of day between races would be kind of cool as it would be like 2 races happening on the same day in real life.

6 rounds would probably be fine since its bi-weekly.

Stick with the SF19 for the main course but maybe go back and forth between F1500 and RedBull Jr.
reason 1. I like liveries, the Merc F1 car doesn't let you make liveries. This is obviously a minor gripe but it looks silly.
reason 2. After racing with it though out this series I have come to the conclusion that it really isn't all that fun to drive and the races with it can get boring where as the races with the SF19 have been great.

Qualifying seems fine. No need to change.

Points have been updated and we currently have a tie for the championship going into the final race. Also only 2 points separate 3rd and 4th place. Brands Hatch is looking to be a great one!!

I am so mad at myself. I got home on Monday so ready to run this race only to find out that it was this upcoming Monday instead. I missed out on my GT4 race because home late from work but was stoked to finished out the open wheel season running both races. Looks like that may not happen now. Lol

Hopefully the races get finished on Monday fast enough to join the final two races of the open wheel league. If anything, I can totally miss qualifying and throw me in the back of the pack for the 1st race. This series has been really fun.

I am so mad at myself. I got home on Monday so ready to run this race only to find out that it was this upcoming Monday instead. I missed out on my GT4 race because home late from work but was stoked to finished out the open wheel season running both races. Looks like that may not happen now. Lol

Hopefully the races get finished on Monday fast enough to join the final two races of the open wheel league. If anything, I can totally miss qualifying and throw me in the back of the pack for the 1st race. This series has been really fun.

What time does GT4 usually get done?

They start at 8ish central time with 10 min qually and a 40 min race. Give or take a few

Some announcements for Season 2:

We will be dropping the Merc F1 and will be replacing it with the F1500TA
First race of the night will be a 20 min F1500TA Race followed by a 40 min SF19 race
2 Separate championships for each car
Qualifying format will remain the same although we may add a separate qualifying for each race
ToD changes between races
Tire and Fuel wear changes will be made

More news to come as things are finalized.

Back