ARL Super GT Season 2, Round 5, 26-Mar.

Well....that was a roller coaster of emotions. Went from 11th to 7th off the start. Made a pass for 6th at the hairpin on lap 1, then disaster! Tried to stay wide in spoon to help a charging BG. Well, I stayed a little to wide and ended up off course.

At the end of lap 1 I catch up to Fullness coming out of the pits. Followed him closely into Degner. He has an off and to avoid contact I go off course as well.

Now I'm committed to just running time trials for the rest of the race. Turns out 29 laps of consistent 2:04s and 2:05s and I find myself getting up to as high as 3rd place and finishing 4th overall in GT300.

Not bad for how the race started. But can't help but think about the potential finish if I had just been a little more patient on lap 1.

I had a brain fart last night regarding pit strategy. Figured gt300 would run 32 laps so pit on lap 16. While trying to reel in xrad I was looking at my fuel and considering pit strategy options and I accidentally combined the numbers in my head and mistakenly pit on lap 12 thinking that was half way. With 4 laps short of fuel I ended up having to pit again throwing away second place. Xrad was quick and consistent. Maybe with ballast in play I'll have more of a chance next week. Great racing everyone.

After reading all the race recaps PMS is now wondering if they should of somehow reworked their schedule to run this series! Looks like a clean run would have done well last night!

Oh wait a minute - that means i’d have to have pulled off a clean run. Nevermind. As you were gentlemen!

(Looks like it was a he$$ of en eventful race however!)

:cheers:

I had a brain fart last night regarding pit strategy. Figured gt300 would run 32 laps so pit on lap 16. While trying to reel in xrad I was looking at my fuel and considering pit strategy options and I accidentally combined the numbers in my head and mistakenly pit on lap 12 thinking that was half way. With 4 laps short of fuel I ended up having to pit again throwing away second place. Xrad was quick and consistent. Maybe with ballast in play I'll have more of a chance next week. Great racing everyone.

I thought that was odd when you went in at 12. I knew you would have to pit again after you had passed Xrad and I while we were in the pits. I saw you go in around lap 28 and I thought I had you. But you came out 1.5 secs ahead of me and just pulled away from there.

After reading all the race recaps PMS is now wondering if they should of somehow reworked their schedule to run this series! Looks like a clean run would have done well last night!

Oh wait a minute - that means i’d have to have pulled off a clean run. Nevermind. As you were gentlemen!

(Looks like it was a he$$ of en eventful race however!)

:cheers:

You're missing out. This series throws soo much at you during a race, especially in GT300. Between watching out for incoming GT500 cars and working out your pit window it makes for fun racing.

I knew I was going to get hurt a lot by the late pit stop so I took tires too so I could make a late charge. Came out about 4 seconds behind xrad and finished on his bumper. Tires make a big difference. One more turn would have done it but I dug myself too deep a hole.

I knew I was going to get hurt a lot by the late pit stop so I took tires too so I could make a late charge. Came out about 4 seconds behind xrad and finished on his bumper. Tires make a big difference. One more turn would have done it but I dug myself too deep a hole.

That explains why you were pulling away. I noticed earlier in the race we had a somewhat similar pace on worn tires and I felt like I had a little bit better when both on really worn tires. I was hoping you didn't get fresh rubber.

You're missing out. This series throws soo much at you during a race, especially in GT300. Between watching out for incoming GT500 cars and working out your pit window it makes for fun racing.
Oh i know. Schedules got changed when Ontario government upped the covid ante here. Ive run 1 or two i the past. I liked it for sure. Between the covid ante and staying married (fridays AND saturdays would have stretched it), at best pms will attend one or two this season if theres a spot. And if somebody grabs our charter then so be it. You guys’ll have a full grid!

Last edited:
Im sorry for the lack of info latley as work has been nuts. 22,000 boxes in a single day is insane. Confirmation for round 2 is now open. To go with noval series again. The schedule will have to be shuffled a little bit. Only offset by a week. Im working on that too. The race report will be up soon aswell.

So...that May 7th race... Since it's 390 laps and over 2000km, are we allowed to tag in a friend to run stints for a few hours? Lol

I mean...I'll run it....!!

So...that May 7th race... Since it's 390 laps and over 2000km, are we allowed to tag in a friend to run stints for a few hours? Lol

I mean...I'll run it....!!
390 laps is the number of laps run over the whole season. The race on my birthday is only 39

Last edited:
390 laps is the number of laps run over the whole season. The race on my birthday is only 39

Lol...on mobile, the formatting looks funny, all the dates are squished together, so it looks like that is final race length! I mean, I'm up for a 10 hr race if yall are...haha.

See everyone on Friday! (I'm gonna try and sneak some laps in this evening if anyone's interested)

Lol...on mobile, the formatting looks funny, all the dates are squished together, so it looks like that is final race length! I mean, I'm up for a 10 hr race if yall are...haha.

See everyone on Friday! (I'm gonna try and sneak some laps in this evening if anyone's interested)
It would be cool to do a real pokka 1000 at suzuka. That would be about 10 hours

Hey guys I've been on the fence about this for a couple weeks now, but I think I will take that final spot in GT300, if it's still available. Just wanted to confirm that all non front wheel drive Gr.4 cars are eligible. If so I'd like to run the Mercedes SLS.

Practice room open for a bit.
Really hoping to make this tonight. We have somebfriend coming over for little bit and I'm hoping I can usher them out before race time, but we all know how these nights go. I'll be a game time decision.

Room ID:
0475 4231 9788 1099 7828

Room Closed

Last edited:
Back