ARL Super GT Season 2, Round 5, 26-Mar.

Its Race day!!!!!!
I beleve i have made an error with the BoP for GT500 cars. So for this race I would like all the drivers who drive the Lexus SC430 to up their power by 3% to 122. If this is successful this will be the new normal for the cars. Until we hit next season where we will switch to the newer GT500 cars.
Although this is a short race. Everyone must make at least one pitstop and change tires.
Please read the qualifying rules to know how to go out in Q1 and Q2. And the pit window Rule too.
Most importantly have fun. Id like more people to join so this will be even more competitive.

Hmm. I wanted the GTR regardless of BoP, so I chose it without testing, but I did do a short test on Wednesday night and was about .2 - .3 quicker in the GTR. 3% power just might be too much though, but we'll see how it goes. See y'all later.
If it turns out to be too much. We can always change it back. The race today is only a pre season race after all. I just want to gauge where everyone is on pace. GT300 cars included

I don't know how it is compared to the GTR, however the NSX pulled away on the straights even when I managed to truly match exit speed. Now, the driver of the NSX is a much better driver than me, but there was still a noticeable loss of straight line speed.

I think tonight will be a good night to test this and get it all sorted! Ideally, come mid-season the ballast should have the lesser drivers like myself fighting for wins or podiums.

Thank you so much for those who could make it for coming out tonight. Ill go over everything and have a final BoP for next week. Round 1 at Suzuka!!!
Ill do a race report of both races we did. and have it no later then Monday morning

It was a lot of fun last night. Sorry I didn't stick around for the second race. Laguna isn't my strongest track and I was feeling pretty tired.

It was a lot of fun last night. Sorry I didn't stick around for the second race. Laguna isn't my strongest track and I was feeling pretty tired.
200w (3).gif

Nuff said

Will we be carrying over our success ballast from the preseason race?

Also, could you please clarify the ballast rules? I'm a bit confused by them.

No. You will start this race at the base level of weight and power. This is the First race of the season so everyone starts fresh.
Ballast rules are pretty simple. If you get pole position in your class. you will add 1% to your weight before the race starts.
if you finish the race in first place you will add 3% weight to that adding to a total of 4% for the next race. this will carry on to a max of 15% for the season. Then your power will come down.
If you finish last in your class. You will add 1% to your power and Subtract 1% of your weight.
I hope i clarified that enough for everyone

I think this is the sentence that is confusing me. If I'm understanding it correct by adding weight you are saying you will have less power (your power will come down) correct?
I think its more like, keep adding weight till a max of 15...THEN start taking power out, once youve reached the max of 15 weight

I think this is the sentence that is confusing me. If I'm understanding it correct by adding weight you are saying you will have less power (your power will come down) correct?
only if your accumulated weight gets to above 15%
So lets say for the first 3 races you get pole position and win the race. your total weight will be 12% over the base level that you started at.
(3 races x 4% each race is 12% total)
If you get pole at the next race and win that you will have 15% +1% left over. At that time your power will come down by 1%

could you post a link to the two number boxes you want us to use?

Greatly appreciated.

I won't be a full time participant but when I do I will just slot into whatever class needs a driver.

For GT500 I will be in the NSX
For GT300 I will be in the Supra.

could you post a link to the two number boxes you want us to use?

Greatly appreciated.

I won't be a full time participant but when I do I will just slot into whatever class needs a driver.

For GT500 I will be in the NSX
For GT300 I will be in the Supra.
Glad to have you when you can
GT500
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/my-library/all/decal/1907321/5053110327678369816

GT300
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/my-library/all/decal/1907321/5053110328078925840

Super GT logo
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/my-library/all/decal/8477698/8359345017852035584

Back