Art of Rally - Successor to Absolute Drift 2019 release

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Slapped, May 26, 2019.

1. Slapped

Slapped Premium

OK, hardcore simmers look away now as this is not the rally game you are looking for.

This is the follow on to Absolute Drift, which if you've played it, know it's a beautiful, graphically minimalist top down drift game that's thoroughly addictive - a real hidden gem of a game that deserves to be in every driving game fanatics collection.

As with Absolute Drift this is going to be top down with stylised minimalist graphics, and like Absolute drift it's likely to be Dark Souls squared in terms of difficulty - it's already on my steam wish list, and I can't wait.

PSN:And-War, Ak1504 and Gr4ndy like this.
  2. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

Definetely on my list as Absolute Drift was such an amazing experience. :cheers:

3. kikie

kikie Premium

I like these simplistic games. They should make more of these race games but with realistic handling; :D

4. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

@Slapped thanks for your opinion of 'Absolute Drift', I passed on this game when it was released because although it looked fun I did consider that it might get old fast, perhaps I will pick it on a sale sometime.. The trailer of Art of Rally looks great!
    Have you played some of the other indie games such as Horizon Chase ? I think this could be good too but haven't pulled the trigger as of yet, it's currently on offer too..

5. Tristan H

Tristan H

Looks great. I enjoyed Absolute Drift. A fun pick up and play game with a great aesthetic.

I saw a 205 and a Quattro, and I think an RS200. I hope it has a Stratos too.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

will this be just on PC?

7. Slapped

Slapped Premium

PC, Mac and Linux to start with, but given that it's likely being developed in Unity there are no real hurdles to it coming to PS4, like Absolute Drift did.

PSN:And-War likes this.
  8. MXH

MXH Premium

Loved Absolute Drift on the PS4. Was great fun getting the Platinum trophy.

Hopefully this will also make it onto the consoles.

PSN:And-War likes this.