Assetto Corsa 2 Coming in 2024

United States
United States
Well... an unofficial AC2 is already done and in progress by talented modders and freelance devs :)..If they can come out with a title like AC 5 they wil catch up the rapidly growing community...

Joke aside I hope they employ or work with those very talented modders out there...they helped this title a lot...

Similar to how developers release 'remasters' of older games that have great mod support. In spirit, the game has already been worked on and improved upon far more than the remaster. The Witcher 3, for example, has a planned remaster for new console generations - but the PC title has had 4K textures, redone lighting, new animations, rasterization improvements, etc. for years now, thanks to modding. As far as I'm concerned, the remaster was already done by the community.

So I hope AC2 has more to offer than whatever CM + SOL + CSP has achieved already. Otherwise, it's a pretty hard sale.

United States
Wichita, KS
Greenlightning
Great to hear.

I would say that AC is not my favorite racing title. A lot of that has to do with being late to the game. The other big factor for me is do not like the user interface and menu configuration in general. I also find the camera movement in respect to car motion etc. To be out of sync or just a bit off compared to others that I play more often.

With that being said sounds and car physics are very good. Just got done playing for an hour or so. Single player and just having fun running laps it might be one of the best.

I agree with all the mod work, the hundreds of downloaded cars and tracks not to mention highly tuned visuals it is now more or less a new game on the computer.

My ideal racing title would be a blend of Forza or GT, with PC2 and AC. I think both can easily co-exist in the same title.

3 years though.... I am sure several racing titles will be introduced between now and and then.

Last edited:

LeGeNd-1

Premium
Australia
Australia
GTP_LeGeNd-1
Not sure about mobile version, seems like a bit of a cash grab to me.

As for AC2, I'm looking forward to it. With mods and CSP AC is good, but it still requires a lot of user work to set up everything and the quality varies between different cars/tracks. Having time of day/weather baked in the vanilla game is going to make everything much easier. I hope it supports modding as well but if it still uses Unreal engine then I'm not so sure :nervous:

Canada
Montreal, Canada
NobleAtreides
nobody wants this failed paper launch. Nvidia is $mart, they made a supposed-to-be-leading-product as a very lackluster item instead, that will only further increase the demand on the already released 3080 vanilla, and the 3090 too.

now with the continued forced shortage (don't get me started on this, because chip shortage!), there is no real shortage, this is the new mantra of capitalism, d'oh I started didn't I,

back on topic: guess what will happen to prices on the increased demand of said cards above.

that's right! , take it from satisfied customers Frank and Stein.

& Looking forward to AC2 on what will be a new AMD blocky CPU by then. (about time they start manufacturing megablock CPU (stacking 3D layers of cache!!), and not just flat chips. why didn't anyone think of this before!

Last edited:
United States
PA
attilag78
TheHun99
nobody wants this failed paper launch. Nvidia is $mart, they made a supposed-to-be-leading-product as a very lackluster item instead, that will only further increase the demand on the already released 3080 vanilla, and the 3090 too.

now with the continued forced shortage (don't get me started on this, because chip shortage!), there is no real shortage, this is the new mantra of capitalism, d'oh I started didn't I,

back on topic: guess what will happen to prices on the increased demand of said cards above.

that's right! , take it from satisfied customers Frank and Stein.

& Looking forward to AC2 on what will be a new AMD blocky CPU by then. (about time they start manufacturing megablock CPU (stacking 3D layers of cache!!), and not just flat chips. why didn't anyone think of this before!

This was the insight I was looking for regarding AC2, thank you for sharing it!

United States
United States
How it can be 12 million copies with only 66 million in revenue? Someone forgot a dot between 1 and 2?
I figure they're counting every DLC pack as a "copy" or "unit" sold. Meaning there's somewhere between 2 and 6 million people out there with AC1.

And like someone else already said, they don't sell anywhere near "most" of their copies for the full retail price, almost all the sales after the first year or so were heavily discounted.

Last edited: