Assetto Corsa 2 Coming in 2024

milhouse-time.gif
Ahhhhhggggg!!!! I can't take it anymore!!!
I NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT AC2 NOW!!!!!

Assetto Corsa 2 has been delayed to Summer of 2024

Since launch, the Assetto Corsa franchise has generated revenues exceeding Euro 115 million with over 8 million copies sold, with a loyal community supporting the game for almost a decade.

Following the debut of the Fanatec GT World Challenge at the Nürburgring 24 Hours race, the legendary German circuit will be featured in the next 2024 pack of the video game. The racing circuit is famous for its technical complexity with steep elevation changes and blind corners, a real challenge even for the most skilled drivers.

The team at Kunos Simulations is completing the development of the new DLC for PC and consoles and, for that purpose, the next version of Assetto Corsa will be postponed. The Early Access on Steam for Assetto Corsa 2 is then scheduled for Summer 2024.

Digital Bros management estimates that this change in the release schedule will not have any significant effect on the business outlook of the Group for this fiscal year.

Just went back have some fun with ac on ps5, such a gem for me still, anxious to see how ac2 will be.
Love the different cars, even the fantasy tracks, custom championships, trial challenges, sounds, feel, replays, ai, clean smooth graphics..
I played vanilla AC on PS4 for years.

People say that "it's not good without mods".

That's a load of BS. True, the vanilla version is more like a hotlap simulator but damn there's plenty of great tracks and content.

It was funny that the console version doesn't even record the best lap times. It only saves the ghost. I wrote my best laptimes down on a notepad. :D

Of course the PC version with mods is a whole new world but AC is by far the best sim, even in a vanilla console version.

The pc version is in another league in ac, the console versions sucks in my opinion, their is even features pc version have that the console version dosent have and thats without mods, ac would not be where it is today without mods, the standard ac looks quite bad, and is very limited in terms of content
with things like pure and csp the game look like its 2 gens ahead, there is so many better racing games than standard ac on console, ac really needs the mods to get it its full pontential, i am looking forward to see what ac2 will bring

there is so many better racing games than standard ac on console

ACC is 30 FPS on PS4 and 60 FPS on PS5.

ACC and AC are the only two sims that are even availabe for consoles.

I played Codemasters F1 series and Gran Turismo 7 and Sport excessively during my console days. Those games are a lot of fun and decent games... but they aren't even on the same planet with vanilla AC when it comes to driving physics.

Sure they might look better but that doesn't make them better games, imho. What are those "better games"? I'm curious.

ACC on PS5 is the only one that I can understand that someone thinks it's "better". It's a great sim. I just hate the tyre pressure wankery. :)

Last edited:

I played Codemasters F1 series and Gran Turismo 7 and Sport excessively during my console days. Those games are a lot of fun and decent games... but they aren't even on the same planet with vanilla AC when it comes to driving physics.

Sure they might look better but that doesn't make them better games, imho. What are those "better games"? I'm curious.

ACC on PS5 is the only one that I can understand that someone thinks it's "better". It's a great sim. I just hate the tyre pressure wankery. :)
Wrong Project Cars 1 and 2 is better on console then AC.

Just becouse you got better wheel physics in ac dosen’t make it better game, you might prefer it because of the better physics, there is more to racing game than just the physics, vanilla ac dosen’t hold candle to things like fm, gt7 or fh5 on console, ac is much more of an pc game like many sims are to get their full pontential, I bought it for Xbox one, a few years back it was not great to say at least, when i bought it again for pc, it was conpletly different beast with all nice mods this i would put above things like they games i mention, but never would that be the case for ac console version, without mods ac would be dead years ago,

Last edited:
I played GT7 through. Did all the licences, went to the cafe 100 times. Did the Lada 1500S or whatever cups before I graduated to Audi/BMW level, chatted with the cafe guys, did Fiat 600 challenges... whatever. Bought the VW hippie wagon... took maybe a week before I was able to drive the Nordschleife.

If you like that sort of stuff, GT7 is definitely superior. It looks great. The actual driving decent too. Very understeery but possible to drive with a controller. Short learning curve and all that.

Personally, I just hate that sort of gimmicks and NFS type "storylines" and mandatory challenges. Real simulation should just have pure driving and all the cars available right away. Emphasis on physics and realistic car behaviour.

I'm amazed that a sim fan could consider GT7 or Project Cars 2 superior to Assetto Corsa. But hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Last edited:
I played GT7 through. Did all the licences, went to the cafe 100 times. Did the Lada 1500S or whatever cups before I graduated to Audi/BMW level, chatted with the cafe guys, did Fiat 600 challenges... whatever. Bought the VW hippie wagon... took maybe a week before I was able to drive the Nordschleife.

If you like that sort of stuff, GT7 is definitely superior. It looks great. The actual driving decent too. Very understeery but possible to drive with a controller. Short learning curve and all that.

Personally, I just hate that sort of gimmicks and NFS type "storylines" and mandatory challenges. Real simulation should just have pure driving and all the cars available right away. Emphasis on physics and realistic car behaviour.

I'm amazed that a sim fan could consider GT7 or Project Cars 2 superior to Assetto Corsa. But hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion.
This dude goes around spouting the same nonsense. Best to just ignore it. Looking forward to AC2 being NOTHING like FM or GT7 or FH5. Good god please. lol

I have AC on Playstation and PC, and I have to agree that the console experience is not so great. Granted, it is an old game.

AC2 is one of the games I'm looking forward to the most though, I hope the modding capability stays the same.

Last edited:
This dude goes around spouting the same nonsense. Best to just ignore it. Looking forward to AC2 being NOTHING like FM or GT7 or FH5. Good god please. lol
Whats your problem😂, i guess you have big deal with me being negative in the forza threads, and what was nonsense in this thread, i guess you never played ac on console and could campare it to pc, but what do this thread has anything to do with this i didint say ac was bad on console, just thats its much better on pc, i played both versions and its not even close in camparsion, the sucess of ac is mostly to all its mods on the pc version its mainly the reason why it still popular even after almost 10 years after release, witch set it apart from pretty much any of sims on the market, so no supriced the sales for ac has been so good

and yes i am looking forward to see more about ac2 in 2024 including test drive solar crown

Last edited:
"Not even close in comparison"

What on earth are you talking about? The vanilla version is the exact same game on console. Plays exactly the same, physics are the same.

ACC is also the same game. On PS4 just at 30 FPS which is pretty awful. But there's ZERO difference in the physics.

Last edited:
"Not even close in comparison"

What on earth are you talking about? The vanilla version is the exact same game on console. Plays exactly the same, physics are the same.

ACC is also the same game. On PS4 just at 30 FPS which is pretty awful. But there's ZERO difference in the physics.
Not exactly ac on pc has more features you can ex change the ai cars to whatever you want, you have drag strips witch is not available for console versions, on pc you can edit car specs almost unlimited, and most important of all mods witch makes it far superior to the console version,

Whats your problem😂, i guess you have big deal with me being negative in the forza threads, and what was nonsense in this thread, i guess you never played ac on console and could campare it to pc, but what do this thread has anything to do with this i didint say ac was bad on console, just thats its much better on pc, i played both versions and its not even close in camparsion, the sucess of ac is mostly to all its mods on the pc version its mainly the reason why it still popular even after almost 10 years after release, witch set it apart from pretty much any of sims on the market, so no supriced the sales for ac has been so good

and yes i am looking forward to see more about ac2 in 2024 including test drive solar crown
FM is an absolute mess. A blood fart so bad that disappointment is an understatement.
I have AC on PS4.

Scheduled for 2024!! Very excited for this game if it has the variety the first one had….I hope the physics and graphics are up to date of course. ACC was a one trick pony for full price 💩💩💩💩💩 . Not **** 🤪 but was a shame they couldn’t even put LMP cars in it.

It would be great if they could bring at least some mods to consoles, Sony have a stick up their ass when it comes to mods though. Crossplay would be good too.

Last edited:
Scheduled for 2024!! Very excited for this game if it has the variety the first one had….I hope the physics and graphics are up to date of course. ACC was a one trick pony for full price 💩💩💩💩💩 . Not **** 🤪 but was a shame they couldn’t even put LMP cars in it.

Why they should put lmp cars in an oficial SRO GT World Challenge Championship game?
You don’t put rally cars in the official F1 game neither.

Acc is one of the best GT simulators out there.

Now we will see how AC2 turns out, as kunos is now without Stefano and Aris, two big devs, one that maked the AC and ACC game , other was in front of handling and physics of the game.

In a recent interview, Massarutto mentioned that AC2 was actually pushed back because of the inclusion of the Nordschleife track in ACC. I'm not sure this was officially known before.

Whatever the case, we're still looking at a Summer 2024 release:
The Second Assetto Corsa
Once that is released, speculation is then set to ramp up for the launch of ‘Assetto Corsa 2’, listed in the studio owner’s Digital Bros half-year earnings report this week as “scheduled for Summer 2024.”

It remains something that publisher 505 Games and Massarutto are extremely tight-lipped about:

“To be brief, the codename [‘AC2’ is used in several game files and error notices for ACC] that was given to Competizione was wrong.

“The new Assetto Corsa is going to follow what we did with Assetto Corsa ‘1’.”

“Yet, it is not just a sequel, it is much, much, more. It’s definitely not a spin-off like Competizione.”

Tantalising. Following the GT2 DLC, then the Nürburgring 24H Pack plus whatever is in store for ‘the new AC’, this year is pivotal for the franchise, something that its leader is acutely aware of:

“I would say that 2024 will be very important for us, because we have a lot of releases, like the new Assetto Corsa and the Nordschleife DLC – these are huge things.

“So, we are trying to do our best to make our audience very happy. Hopefully, we will manage it, but we need to wait and see.”
Full Interview here.

Back