Assetto Corsa 2 Coming in 2024

Well... an unofficial AC2 is already done and in progress by talented modders and freelance devs :)..If they can come out with a title like AC 5 they wil catch up the rapidly growing community...

Joke aside I hope they employ or work with those very talented modders out there...they helped this title a lot...

Similar to how developers release 'remasters' of older games that have great mod support. In spirit, the game has already been worked on and improved upon far more than the remaster. The Witcher 3, for example, has a planned remaster for new console generations - but the PC title has had 4K textures, redone lighting, new animations, rasterization improvements, etc. for years now, thanks to modding. As far as I'm concerned, the remaster was already done by the community.

So I hope AC2 has more to offer than whatever CM + SOL + CSP has achieved already. Otherwise, it's a pretty hard sale.

Great to hear.

I would say that AC is not my favorite racing title. A lot of that has to do with being late to the game. The other big factor for me is do not like the user interface and menu configuration in general. I also find the camera movement in respect to car motion etc. To be out of sync or just a bit off compared to others that I play more often.

With that being said sounds and car physics are very good. Just got done playing for an hour or so. Single player and just having fun running laps it might be one of the best.

I agree with all the mod work, the hundreds of downloaded cars and tracks not to mention highly tuned visuals it is now more or less a new game on the computer.

My ideal racing title would be a blend of Forza or GT, with PC2 and AC. I think both can easily co-exist in the same title.

3 years though.... I am sure several racing titles will be introduced between now and and then.

Last edited:
Not sure about mobile version, seems like a bit of a cash grab to me.

As for AC2, I'm looking forward to it. With mods and CSP AC is good, but it still requires a lot of user work to set up everything and the quality varies between different cars/tracks. Having time of day/weather baked in the vanilla game is going to make everything much easier. I hope it supports modding as well but if it still uses Unreal engine then I'm not so sure :nervous:

nobody wants this failed paper launch. Nvidia is $mart, they made a supposed-to-be-leading-product as a very lackluster item instead, that will only further increase the demand on the already released 3080 vanilla, and the 3090 too.

now with the continued forced shortage (don't get me started on this, because chip shortage!), there is no real shortage, this is the new mantra of capitalism, d'oh I started didn't I,

back on topic: guess what will happen to prices on the increased demand of said cards above.

that's right! , take it from satisfied customers Frank and Stein.

& Looking forward to AC2 on what will be a new AMD blocky CPU by then. (about time they start manufacturing megablock CPU (stacking 3D layers of cache!!), and not just flat chips. why didn't anyone think of this before!

Last edited:
nobody wants this failed paper launch. Nvidia is $mart, they made a supposed-to-be-leading-product as a very lackluster item instead, that will only further increase the demand on the already released 3080 vanilla, and the 3090 too.

now with the continued forced shortage (don't get me started on this, because chip shortage!), there is no real shortage, this is the new mantra of capitalism, d'oh I started didn't I,

back on topic: guess what will happen to prices on the increased demand of said cards above.

that's right! , take it from satisfied customers Frank and Stein.

& Looking forward to AC2 on what will be a new AMD blocky CPU by then. (about time they start manufacturing megablock CPU (stacking 3D layers of cache!!), and not just flat chips. why didn't anyone think of this before!

This was the insight I was looking for regarding AC2, thank you for sharing it!

How it can be 12 million copies with only 66 million in revenue? Someone forgot a dot between 1 and 2?
I figure they're counting every DLC pack as a "copy" or "unit" sold. Meaning there's somewhere between 2 and 6 million people out there with AC1.

And like someone else already said, they don't sell anywhere near "most" of their copies for the full retail price, almost all the sales after the first year or so were heavily discounted.

Last edited:
good answers but here's one that is not so easy Kunos, So then can you explain to me why you have decided to "enforce" anolog players to have to use a specific contol parameter for brake/throttle in ACC?, when even your own original assetto corsa never had such an arrogant restriction?

You think we should all have to play the same way?, because i think that's ridiculously unfair, so am i wrong? and are you going to implement the same dumb conditions to AC2? because if you do, i'm boycotting it, on principle, no matter how good it might be or what i might have to control it..

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I personally can't wait for Assetto Corsa 2. No matter what they do.

2024 is a bit further out than I would have expected and liked.

My assumption would be that it comes out on Console same day as PC.

505 and Kunos porting ACC a second time to console tells me that they take the console market seriously now - sales must have been good.

I think that AC2 will be a closed game like the "modern" title as ACC, PC2 and AMS2.
DLC are and will be a standard for the content. They won't make the same mistake as AC.
And this is the reason that today I prefer AC to ACC.
Modders will continue to express their creativity on AC.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really call PC2 and AMS2 closed games.
I have like 50 mod cars for PC2 and 16 for AMS2. While tracks are a bit harder to add, it can be done in a sense.
When the feeling of a car is really good and the racing, especially against AI is a good experience, then you don't need a thousand different cars to have a good time. Hoping AC2 is like ACC but with different genres, classes and years of cars. AC is archaic and showing it's age. The AI aren't anything spectacular and the whole thing needs a bunch of makup and lipstick just to keep it relevant. I like AC like the next guy but let's get something new going.
Bring it on.
1643569709855.png

I enjoy and play both AC and ACC. I think I get a little more out of ACC, but I just cannot for the life of me fathom why they refuse to include stuff they've done in the past - we all know what I'm talking about. "Because it's not an official SRO circuit" just sounds like a cop-out when you have the laser-scanning and modeling already completed, to an exceptional degree might I add.

Personally I hope they realized their strengths in both games and are able to pull off both official licensing a la the SRO deal with ACC, and the more open-ended spirit of AC in one game. Modding I'm on the fence about - I enjoy ACC because I don't have to mess around with mods, but if it wasn't for mods I probably never would have picked up AC. But after playing both, I can say for sure I would rather just jump in and play than have to deal with mods being out of date, hard to find, etc etc. I'd rather just pay Kunos for some high-quality DLC's that I know is going to always be supported.

Like for example, I was going to download a bunch of GT4 cars and some new tracks for AC, but then I saw ACC just has it already in the game - so got ACC instead. But now if I just want to cruise in a road-going Miata through Brands, I have to load up AC, while also recalibrating my brain for the slight change in physics.

Having the freedom to do both in game, right from release, would be a blast.

Last edited:
Just read and listened on traxion.gg news and podcast about ac2.
Some good info, which im glad.
Says for ac2 they are going back to a custom engine rather than ue4 or 5.
That 40% of ac sales were on ps and xbx even with no mods and more barebone version.
Nordscliffe will be in it.
Hope it will allow modding possibly on ps5.

As a player on console, ps4 for now, im glad.
Also i prefer they use a custom specialized engine like in ac1.
Hope it is developed with ps5 etc as well in mind from the start then. Even if they still say they are pc 1st devs. And doesn't turn into difficult porting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220418-184639_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220418-184639_Google.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Just read and listened on traxion.gg news and podcast about ac2.
Some good info, which im glad.
Says for ac2 they are going back to a custom engine rather than ue4 or 5.
That 40% of ac sales were on ps and xbx even with no mods and more barebone version.
Nordscliffe will be in it.
Hope it will allow modding possibly on ps5.

As a player on console, ps4 for now, im glad.
Also i prefer they use a custom specialized engine like in ac1.
Hope it is developed with ps5 etc as well in mind from the start then. Even if they still say they are pc 1st devs. And doesn't turn into difficult porting.
I didn't see they mentioned that 40% sales of AC were on console? Where did they say that?

I didn't see they mentioned that 40% sales of AC were on console? Where did they say that?
Its in the podcast you can listen to an interview on that site. There's a link on that page. Sorry if i wasn't able to put it here at the time, maybe ill try later.
Marco himself from Kunos is mentioning it in that.

Last edited:
Its in the podcast you can listen to an interview on that site. There's a link on that page. Sorry if i wasn't able to put it here at the time, maybe ill try later.
Marco himself from Kunos is mentioning it in that.
Its amazing that 40% sales were on consoles. Hopefully that would mean AC 2 will be made simultaneously for PC, PS5/Xbox X/S..

There's no reason not to, considering PS5/Xbox are really capable compared to PS4/X1 when they were released. I'm sure Ryzen 8c/16t 3.5ghz,SSD,16gb gddr5, RDNA 2 gpu would not hold them back in physics department or even graphically..

Last edited:
Its amazing that 40% sales were on consoles. Hopefully that would mean AC 2 will be made simultaneously for PC, PS5/Xbox X/S..

There's no reason not to, considering PS5/Xbox are really capable compared to PS4/X1 when they were released. I'm sure Ryzen 8c/16t 3.5ghz,SSD,16gb gddr5, RDNA 2 gpu would not hold them back in physics department or even graphically..
There's a really good reason not to, which is that Kunos is a tiny studio and they don't do consoles. 🤷‍♂️ Asking them not to release the PC version because the console ports aren't done yet is madness.

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything about there being tarmac rallying in AC2? Modders have done a great job with this, they'd be missing a trick not to include it.

Very interested but on the other hand if it will be very good will probably end with spending fortune on highend pc + highend vr headset :/

surely no mods allowed... probably i still with assetto corsa 1 until 2030 :lol:
They've already stated that they understand how important the modding community is and how it is now a staple to a successful title. I would say that it surely will have mod support and be surprised if it doesn't. Primarily a reason they are going back to their own proprietary engine once again.

They've already stated that they understand how important the modding community is and how it is now a staple to a successful title. I would say that it surely will have mod support and be surprised if it doesn't. Primarily a reason they are going back to their own proprietary engine once again.
I would also expect to see modding available in AC2, however I suspect it will be heavily locked down to approved and verified content, something like the Steam Workshop with only scratch made or authorised conversion mods that can also be released on consoles as well. Basically I expect it to be limited to Racedepartment type content only and I'll be massively surprised if they don't do everything in their power to make it impossible to port over cars and tracks from other games.

I guess we'll see in time, not that I particularly care, I've sunk so much time into modding AC1 that unless there's a button to import all AC1 cars/tracks into AC2 then it's completely uninteresting to me. My only real hope is that they don't release AC1 updates to break CM and CSP in an attempt to force people onto the new game, something I can see happening if AC2 is released in the state of most modern titles (i.e. a barely beta tested broken mess of bugs and unfinished content with lots of promised updates and DLC).

Back