Assetto Corsa Competizione 2020 World Challenge Pack Coming Soon to PC

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 95 comments
They did reply to my comment on fb and confirm that it will be coming to consoles but no date yet. I can't wait. Love the 2020 liveries. Maybe we'll get that FOV slider too finally.

..."and more"! *rubs rabbit's foot for GT4 cars*

Also, with SRO rescently thinking about acquiring Australian GT, could see more Australian & New Zealand Circuits in the future.

- Phillip Island
- Adelaide
- Hampton Downs
- Highlands Motorsport Park

Are they both coming winter? Unless I read the Imola DLC wrong.
The Imola DLC is coming next week for PC, no date that I've seen has been given for the console release of them.

Edited to add: You're right, I missed that bit on the Tweet.

Great winter for PC and console on ACC then

Last edited:
In the comments to their most recent post :)

Attachments

• C7887E05-13C1-4972-AC35-DC3C009AF59B.png
    C7887E05-13C1-4972-AC35-DC3C009AF59B.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 46
This more than likely will be the last major update, a few hot fixes after release and one update per month for events.

Kunos is probably moving most resources to Assetto Corsa 2 as the rumor mill is full tilt on a 2022 release. I’m on the fence about the unreal engine, it’s fantastic and it’s terrible.

While Imola is a great addition, it’s the work Stefano has put in on AI tweaks that interest me, that and this updated tire model.

This more than likely will be the last major update, a few hot fixes after release and one update per month for events.

Kunos is probably moving most resources to Assetto Corsa 2 as the rumor mill is full tilt on a 2022 release. I’m on the fence about the unreal engine, it’s fantastic and it’s terrible.

While Imola is a great addition, it’s the work Stefano has put in on AI tweaks that interest me, that and this updated tire model.
Is AI tweak and tyre model update part of v1.60?? I didn't think Stefano finished yet?

Last edited:

The tyre model is unclear as to exactly what it is.

Is it a new 'tyre model', as in a rework of the existing physics behind it, or is it a new tyre 'model' as in a new tyre has been modelled for the title. I'm leaning towards the latter as the series (the real one) went to a new tyre in 2020 with stiffer sidewalls and a few other tweaks. So my current take on it is that this new tyre has been modelled in the existing physics, I would however love for it to be both and see ACC move the 'tyre model' forward and closer to the likes of RF2.

Would be a shame if that's true. Seems only yesterday that ACC got released. IMO the game could still be expanded a lot more to include all the other SRO series, but I guess selling DLCs doesn't bring in as much money as a new game. AC with CSP/Sol is more than enough to not need AC2, in my opinion (though it's PC only obviously). Also if they're still using UE for AC2, I take it will probably not be moddable? :(

Would be a shame if that's true. Seems only yesterday that ACC got released. IMO the game could still be expanded a lot more to include all the other SRO series, but I guess selling DLCs doesn't bring in as much money as a new game. AC with CSP/Sol is more than enough to not need AC2, in my opinion (though it's PC only obviously). Also if they're still using UE for AC2, I take it will probably not be moddable? :(

I agree.

It makes good development sense for them to stick with UE for forward compatibility as they can get started with next-gen development now in UE4 and move to UE5 when ready. It also makes good business sense as the royalties are waived on their first $1 million in gross revenue.
I don't know much about modding, furthest I've gone is creating rFactor 2 skins. I thought UE4 is technically mod friendly and I assume UE5 would be also?

Where are these rumours coming from? Will be interesting to see how UE5 pans out.

Where are these rumours coming from? Will be interesting to see how UE5 pans out.

Some chat at Racedepartment, Mike (sim racing 604) talks about maybe getting a British GT dlc early next year and that's about it. Nothing verified, no credible source links but the timeline would make sense to me.

Around the 2 minute mark...

I agree.

It makes good development sense for them to stick with UE for forward compatibility as they can get started with next-gen development now in UE4 and move to UE5 when ready. It also makes good business sense as the royalties are waived on their first $1 million in gross revenue.
I don't know much about modding, furthest I've gone is creating rFactor 2 skins. I thought UE4 is technically mod friendly and I assume UE5 would be also?

I'm not a hardcore modder either, but I think it's developer dependent. Obviously UE4 as an engine by itself is quite versatile, but the way ACC files are structured if you open them up on PC, all of the car and track files are encrypted in one huge block of file. Unlike AC where each car and track is open in each folder and you can freely tinker with the files. If they're carrying over the engine to AC2, I assume they will encrypt everything also.

Funnily, you can port content from ACC to AC. It's just integrating new content to ACC that seems impossible (so far).

Some chat at Racedepartment, Mike (sim racing 604) talks about maybe getting a British GT dlc early next year and that's about it. Nothing verified, no credible source links but the timeline would make sense to me.

Around the 2 minute mark...

He cited wiki lol. Personally I dont see their next game being AC2 unless their next game is 3 or 4 years away. On the other hand I cant remember if it was Marco or Aris who said it but they said they miss road cars. I think covid will have had an affect on what they're going to do in the near future too. Maybe because they couldn't plan on going to circuits they've decided to use the car data they already from AC and bring them as into the UE either as an add on or new game.

I reckon they should get some bike licences and get Stefano to do the physics and just use all ACC content track wise and release a nice realistic bike game. Seems like a good way to increase finances without too much development costs.

Back