Assetto Corsa Competizione British GT Pack DLC Hits Consoles April 28

I just installed the update on my Series X (about 7-8 minutes), and then found the British DLC in the Xbox store. Since I have the season pass, it knew I owned it and simply asked if I wanted to download the DLC. That only took a minute or two, and then I started up the game and everything was there.

Pretty easy all things considered.

Fired up my Xbox this morning. Had to download an update of around 9-10GB. Opened up the game which said version 1.72 on the title screen. Tried to cut some laps around Oulton Park and then realized I had to install the BGT pack outside the game. Closed the game and installed the pack. Fired up the game again and now the game is now installing itself on my console.........even though the game is already installed..

Rather unamused at the moment-that's the polite way of saying it..
Yeah usually the chaos starts after everything is available. This is a new one.

I think what's the most aggravating part of this is Kunos/505 haven't even acknowledged that there's an issue.

Yeah usually the chaos starts after everything is available. This is a new one.

I think what's the most aggravating part of this is Kunos/505 haven't even acknowledged that there's an issue.

To be fair to Kunos/505 I’ve had the same problem (game reinstalling after an update) with Forza 7 and that’s truly unacceptable as Turn Ten have much more resources and staff to sort those issues out before update goes live.

Ive got a TF Aston idling away in the pitlane at Oulton Park so I’m gonna go cut some laps.

I needs that multi-class racing. No better joy than fighting for position in GT4 and having a GT3 slice and dice its way thru traffic. Can't wait to be lapped! :)

Is it possible this is not available in America yet? I did download the update and the tracks show up in my game. But, there's a big lock icon over those new tracks and it says I need the British GT pack but there is no such content on my PlayStation store

Are many of you in North America who’ve purchased the season pass having issues not being able to access the new DLC?

Not only an I unable to access it, when I go to the store it shows that I have to buy the Season Pass even though I bought it in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on Xbox and I bought the British GT pack as a standalone about 10pm my time and it installed just fine.

Since it was late I didn't bother taking any practice laps and looking back on it, maybe I should have. I just hopped into a race at Oulton Park figuring I knew the track well from Project Cars 2. I might know the turns but I had no idea how to take them in ACC. Cars behave totally different in the two games as it probably should be.

Donington Park wasn't any better, especially the final sector. I had a lot of trouble figuring out the turn in points for those final two hairpins.

Tomorrow night I should have some more time to spend with it and I think I will do a few practice laps before doing a race because what I thought I knew, I really don't know.

Is it possible this is not available in America yet? I did download the update and the tracks show up in my game. But, there's a big lock icon over those new tracks and it says I need the British GT pack but there is no such content on my PlayStation store
I've not had any issues. I'm in the US, but am playing on a Series X. Is it the PS version that's the problem?

Not only an I unable to access it, when I go to the store it shows that I have to buy the Season Pass even though I bought it in October.
Same here.

it seems they fixed it. I am able to race on the new tracks. I am curious if career mode is now working.

career is fixed now on Ps5.☺️

Last edited:
I'm on Xbox and I bought the British GT pack as a standalone about 10pm my time and it installed just fine.

Since it was late I didn't bother taking any practice laps and looking back on it, maybe I should have. I just hopped into a race at Oulton Park figuring I knew the track well from Project Cars 2. I might know the turns but I had no idea how to take them in ACC. Cars behave totally different in the two games as it probably should be.

Donington Park wasn't any better, especially the final sector. I had a lot of trouble figuring out the turn in points for those final two hairpins.

Tomorrow night I should have some more time to spend with it and I think I will do a few practice laps before doing a race because what I thought I knew, I really don't know.
I just had the same experience!
Much harder to drive these new tracks than in pCARS, where I could throw the cars round recklessly and still make it round the track.

It's nice to see accurate versions of these tracks too. pCARS is fairly close at times but also quite different at others (the undulations down the long straight at Donington and even the downhill section at the start threw me off a bit).

It's going to take more concentration to nail fast and consistent laps in ACC for sure.

Quick thoughts after playing around with it for a bit.

I´m not a fan of British Tracks and the DLC does little to change that (that´s OK - I knew this going in)

If I had to rank them: 1Donington, 2Oulton, 3Snetterton

The 20 car limit on Console makes multi-class a little less impactful than I thought it would be.

Rubber in the breaking zones is still absent in this version (exept for Imola) why?

Still a good DLC and for the price it´s a STEAL.

I can finally download the dlc.

I gotta say I love this game, but I don't want to give this developer any more money. There was never any acknowledgement that there was an issue and that's kinda garbage. If these were free updates that would be one thing, but I'm not paying money to be left in the dark.

Rolling start at Donington predictably rubbish. It starts too far back and the AI either go too wide or slow right down for the 2nd to last hairpin. Annoys me so much how race starts can be so bad. It would take 1 race for the devs to see how bad it is. It'll never be fixed.

Rolling start at Donington predictably rubbish. It starts too far back and the AI either go too wide or slow right down for the 2nd to last hairpin. Annoys me so much how race starts can be so bad. It would take 1 race for the devs to see how bad it is. It'll never be fixed.
I've had multiple races on Laguna where it's taken 20 min to reach the start line.

Eager to finally try this DLC though.

Quote from the guy who posted on Kunos forums...

“Marco talks, among other things, about the differences between PC and Console versions of ACC, patch delivering process and delays for consoles and the impact of Covid on the development of the console version of the game.
He apologizes for not being what console players expected but he knows that and their working on it.

The interviewers asks him about the New Gen Console version of ACC and from Marco's answer it seems like the development hasn't even started yet :(but from the way he reacts to the question it could be like he's not giving details on purpose waiting for an official announcement but doesn't give any timeline about it.”
That's not what he said at all. I watched it before I went to bed so might not remember it word for word, it's around the 50 minute mark. What he actually said was: Boppa di boopi? Boopa-dee Bappa-dee boopi dabba di boopi!

He then goes on to say its certainly something they're considering and they'll notify us if and when. I would ignore everything he says, its rather odd really why he's said this when they've officially announced it. He didn't specifically say development hasn't started, he said its something they'll take into consideration. Very bizarre when they've said it's coming out this year. I've seen him say stuff like this before then a week or 2 later its verified, I think he just likes to keep expectation low until he can make concrete statements.

That's not what he said at all. I watched it before I went to bed so might not remember it word for word, it's around the 50 minute mark. What he actually said was: Boppa di boopi? Boopa-dee Bappa-dee boopi dabba di boopi!

He then goes on to say its certainly something they're considering and they'll notify us if and when. I would ignore everything he says, its rather odd really why he's said this when they've officially announced it. He didn't specifically say development hasn't started, he said its something they'll take into consideration. Very bizarre when they've said it's coming out this year. I've seen him say stuff like this before then a week or 2 later its verified, I think he just likes to keep expectation low until he can make concrete statements.

Very similar to what they said regarding ACC ever coming to consoles. They may just like to keep stuff secret. Unlike PD/Kaz with little tweets and never deliver.

Is there patch notes for the update? Only new thing I've seen so far is some filters in multiplayer

GENERAL

• Fixed issues with the Career mode trophies 'Sprint', 'Tour' and 'Marathon' not unlocking.
  • Fixed issues when saving replays/highlights with improved messaging.
  • Individual driver lap times can be seen by selecting them in the Timetables.
  • Timetables overview added to the replay HUD.
  • Added SAS display to some car interiors displaying race flags.
  • Fixed car skins were not loading correctly in the front-end.
  • Improvements to the pit stop MFD.
  • Added full track map option in the racing HUD.
  • General UI and navigation improvements.
  • Custom driver showroom team panel issue fixed.
  • Fixed issues surrounding custom Championship race settings.
  • Removed invalid previous events within the Special Events and updated with new ones
  • Introduction of single player multiclass racing
  • GT3/GT4 mixed class racing in British GT Championship
  • PS5 Backward compatibility support
  • Changed pit start positioning at Spa-Francorchamps in all game modes.
  • Intro sequences now play at Mount Panorama.
  • General optimisations.
Audio

• Fixed SFX for the Mercedes AMG GT4.
MULTIPLAYER

• Server menu filters added for easier sorting.
UI

• Fixed loss of input issue when saving car setups.
PERIPHERALS

• Updated SDKs for Logitech and Thrust master wheels
  • Fixed issue surrounding button bindings
  • Generic stability updates regarding steering

Agreed.

The lack of customizable cameras and the painful race starts keep sending me back to PC2.

I'm hoping we aren't that far away from a proper next gen version

I just had the same experience!
Much harder to drive these new tracks than in pCARS, where I could throw the cars round recklessly and still make it round the track.

It's nice to see accurate versions of these tracks too. pCARS is fairly close at times but also quite different at others (the undulations down the long straight at Donington and even the downhill section at the start threw me off a bit).

It's going to take more concentration to nail fast and consistent laps in ACC for sure.

I never really ran GT3 at Oulton or Donington in PC2 but I did a ton of GT4 and the smaller cars which might also explain why it feels tight with the GT3 in ACC.

In PC2 I could sling it round Knickerbrook and through Druids at Oulton Park pretty easily but that's not the case in ACC. I think I got the track limits warning 4 or 5 times at Druids dropping the left sides off. Just a totally different kettle of fish as they say between the two games.

ACC was always very different to me than anything else. I am not completely sure I am the driver because it feels a bit strange. But I use gamepad so I tought that's the reason. I like ACC but other games are much more fun. And I don't use TC or ABS which doesn't help, I guess.

I never really ran GT3 at Oulton or Donington in PC2 but I did a ton of GT4 and the smaller cars which might also explain why it feels tight with the GT3 in ACC.

In PC2 I could sling it round Knickerbrook and through Druids at Oulton Park pretty easily but that's not the case in ACC. I think I got the track limits warning 4 or 5 times at Druids dropping the left sides off. Just a totally different kettle of fish as they say between the two games.
Apparently the white lines are the track limits on those tracks, not the kerbs like other places. You've pretty much got to keep 2 wheels on the tarmac now.

Same. Fortunately it’s easy to find the transaction should you need it.
Where do I find this on the ps4? I gave it a look this morning before everything got sorted.

The problem seemed to be on the ps store side since I was checking out the liverys last night . Also not a huge fan of the tracks but I'm going in ready to fall in love.:gtpflag:

Already back with an update. With the right cars these tracks are a great time. Oulton Park in the GT4 is fantastic, I see myself setting up a lot of single make races for fun. GT3 meh. Snetterton and the GT5 oh wrong game I skipped it and Donington was a good flashback, it's been awhile.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back