Assetto Corsa Competizione British GT Pack DLC Hits Consoles April 28

Has anyone tried multiplayer since the update? Anything to note re: blue screens/connection issues?

I'll be online tonight but wanted to get a sense of how it is. The Imola dlc brought a tonne of blue screens to multiplayer

Where do I find this on the ps4? I gave it a look this morning before everything got sorted.

The problem seemed to be on the ps store side since I was checking out the liverys last night .

That’s what I concluded. Everything seemed to be fine this morning.

To answer your question, from the PS app go to the PS store (the shopping bag icon). Then select the show list icon and you’ll find transaction history. I’m sure there’s somewhere on your PlayStation it can be found too but I don’t remember.

Cheers for the heads up re PC2. Haven’t played it much and didn’t know OP was part of the game. Might have to check that out.
both the first 2 Project CARS games had all the tracks from the British championship (don't know about 3). I'd never raced at OP before that but it quickly became one of my favourite tracks.
Donington seems a lot harder to drive in ACC.

Oulton Park is one of my favourite videogame race tracks - starting from TOCA,then it was resurrected in Project Cars..and now great to see it in AC. It has a bit of everything imo...Donington is also a favourite. I wouldve preferred Snetterton without the additional central sector,the track is too flat for me. I like a bit of undulation!

I was going to wait for the PS5 version of AC,but i caved it and bought the British pack yesterday - the game looks to be running great and Oulton in the sun looks really good on PS4. Plus,who knows when the PS5 version comes out?

Ive noticed a glitch on the British tracks - in my 2nd race of the venue,car shaped shadows appear on the track surface?

I ran Snetterton for the first time last night. Of the three British GP tracks it's probably more like what I remembered from PC2 than any of the others. But I also saw something that I didn't like. After that long back stretch there is that very tight 90 degree right hander with a big sausage type curb. The car in front of me smacked that big curb and flew what looked like 3 or 4 feet in the air. But it didn't go off track or even lose any speed. It just took right off again like nothing ever happened.

The car in front of me smacked that big curb and flew what looked like 3 or 4 feet in the air. But it didn't go off track or even lose any speed. It just took right off again like nothing ever happened

That is indeed odd. I haven't seen a single AI car name a mistake. It seems like your experience confirms that the AI just don't make mistakes, or at least in this instance, don't pay for them.

I love the handling in the game. It's the best I've experienced in console but something is lacking.

If course, this is not nearly an ACC issue. I still have not found a console racing game whether AI incidents happen.

For 12 bucks, ice just downloaded NASCAR Heat 5. Maybe it will surprise me

That is indeed odd. I haven't seen a single AI car name a mistake. It seems like your experience confirms that the AI just don't make mistakes, or at least in this instance, don't pay for them.

I love the handling in the game. It's the best I've experienced in console but something is lacking.

If course, this is not nearly an ACC issue. I still have not found a console racing game whether AI incidents happen.

ACC is a fine wine and heat 5 is a 4 Loki, but for $12 maybe you’ll like it. I enjoyed parts of 4. The way the tires wear and you have to run different lines was great.

Just did a 5 minute race. The M4 ahead, making mistakes all race. I leave AI set to 90/90.

Nice video Spacedust!

I probably should have clarified because what I mean is mistakes that will cause an incident with another AI driver or a mistake that would cause an AI driver to go off track.

The BMW certainly didn't take as good a line as you did but I wouldn't classify anything he did as being too big a mistake, unless I missed something.

It's possible I don't play with the AI level high enough to see mistakes. I still haven't tried AI strength higher than 85.

I don't have your skills!

ACC is a fine wine and heat 5 is a 4 Loki, but for $12 maybe you’ll like it. I enjoyed parts of 4. The way the tires wear and you have to run different lines was great.

I might give it another try on another day but I really couldn't get past the first 20 minutes of gameplay because the first career race is an oval and that made me crazy!

My go-to games are PC2 and ACC on my PS5.

I just got through with another session and I did see another AI car off at that same corner facing the wrong direction so I have to assume it had clattered that same curb but this time it did suffer the consequences.

I've been running AI strength at 89 in GT3 almost everywhere except Misano but I think I'm going to have to reduce it a couple of clicks for Snetterton too. With me starting in 12th those two AI out cars out front get a huge jump through those opening sectors. Also it seems as I get towards the top 5 or so the AI get a better jump out of the very slow corners and I just can't catch them.

Game seems WAY smoother on my ps5 with this patch and dlc update. Most noticeable in slow turns like the first turn at Monza. Before, it was jerky as hell. Now the car feels to carry more speed and I can kind of “coast” around the right corner and get back on it. Loving it!

Nice video Spacedust!

I probably should have clarified because what I mean is mistakes that will cause an incident with another AI driver or a mistake that would cause an AI driver to go off track.

The BMW certainly didn't take as good a line as you did but I wouldn't classify anything he did as being too big a mistake, unless I missed something.

It's possible I don't play with the AI level high enough to see mistakes. I still haven't tried AI strength higher than 85.

I don't have your skills!
:lol::lol: Ohhhhh no. I'm not posting my earlier races!:mischievous:
I just drive to the physics. A couple of races at all the British tracks and I was off-roading. Getting used to the braking points, gear selection and steering. I use a DS4.
Just have to stick to the racing line as much as possible and get the trajectory. Can get a little tank slapper happy, using the controller though. This game is good for improving one's skills. 👍

I just got through with another session and I did see another AI car off at that same corner facing the wrong direction so I have to assume it had clattered that same curb but this time it did suffer the consequences.

I've been running AI strength at 89 in GT3 almost everywhere except Misano but I think I'm going to have to reduce it a couple of clicks for Snetterton too. With me starting in 12th those two AI out cars out front get a huge jump through those opening sectors. Also it seems as I get towards the top 5 or so the AI get a better jump out of the very slow corners and I just can't catch them.
AI are killing me at Oulton Park. I did finish P1 in GT4(in the Vantage), but the R8 in P2, kept getting the better acceleration out of corners. It got to my right rear down the start/finish straight, but at that right-hand kink, watching the replay, I was a bit too far right and we collided. R8 ate grass and spun into the barrier. Did I type that out loud?

just got through with another session and I did see another AI car off at that same corner facing the wrong direction so I have to assume it had clattered that same curb but this time it did suffer the consequences

This is great to hear. What I wouldn't give to see that in my races.

Do you play on high aggression like Spacedust does? I've never pushed it over 60

This is my biggest gripe with racing games - where are the AI mistakes?? I want to see spin outs,crashing,debris flying off as they scrape against each other.

Are they not allowed to show damage in this? I remember the TOCA game from 1997 when you saw rear bumpers hanging off after scuffles with the AI...

ACC was always very different to me than anything else. I am not completely sure I am the driver because it feels a bit strange. But I use gamepad so I tought that's the reason. I like ACC but other games are much more fun. And I don't use TC or ABS which doesn't help, I guess.

With British pack on consoles I started to play more but still not sure why it is so different. Does anybody play with disabled steer helper on a gamepad? I think the steering is great and hard but feels so different. Every change of input changes the car very much. No other game has it so precise.

And after some time with 1.7.2, the version looks fine. Still no lights during dark but overall feeling very good. Maybe they improved it a bit but I am not sure, feels OK.

So i wonder if a higher aggression makes the AI make more mistakes? I will try it hehe....this is definatly the pinnacle of sim racing on console. And i agree,the game runs super smooth now on PS5,compared to the PS4 days.

So i wonder if a higher aggression makes the AI make more mistakes? I will try it hehe....this is definatly the pinnacle of sim racing on console. And i agree,the game runs super smooth now on PS5,compared to the PS4 days.
I've never seen the AI make a mistake on its own. It's usually only when they make contact with another car, or try to avoid contact. Out braking or going too fast/too wide doesn't tend to happen imo

I play with aggression at 100 these days, just to try to get the AI to defend or pass more. It doesn't really work out like that.
The game suffers from that most common of racing game AI in that it can take lap after lap of pushing to catch a car then eventually overtake, but when you do the passed car backs off way too much and doesn't pose much of a threat any more.

Too many racers have AI like this. If it's taken me multiple laps to chip away at the car ahead of me I don't want to see them disappear behind me as soon as I pass .

I play with aggression at 100 these days, just to try to get the AI to defend or pass more. It doesn't really work out like that.
The game suffers from that most common of racing game AI in that it can take lap after lap of pushing to catch a car then eventually overtake, but when you do the passed car backs off way too much and doesn't pose much of a threat any more.

Too many racers have AI like this. If it's taken me multiple laps to chip away at the car ahead of me I don't want to see them disappear behind me as soon as I pass .
Noticed this tonight! When you push to overtake in a corner or go two wide through the corner, the AI drops back way to easy.
Might be down to the AI levels; I’m playing a short career.

At the start, they seem to be weaker than usual as well. I can push past a couple of cars in one move most of the time.

Last edited:

Buuuuuut... that does happen in real life. Not just with a fast driver. Many race drivers battle and when one gets ahead, the car passed usually drops back.
No doubt it does also come down to set up and a driver's pace, but it does happen. Almost as if a driver has given up. Yet, we don't know the whole story until post race.

I do 5-15 minute races. I might not catch the AI ahead, until the last lap or penultimate lap. The cars behind, depending on track, will be right there if I don't hit my marks or overshoot a corner or hit the rev limiter.

Still learning a lot and not having a lot of free time to play, I set AI difficulty 90/agression 80. Before I had aggression at 90 but felt the AI was "dirty", also could be me not leaving enough room to them. 80 seems a happy place for my skills. But same as you when you catch a car / side by side they lift and backs off super quickly. However, they are close to me and if I make a mistake they overtake me easily.

Back