Assetto Corsa Competizione British GT Pack DLC Hits Consoles April 28

Next Gen version isn't still in development as Marco masarutto stated in a Italian interview a couple of days ago

They abandoned the next-gen version? No, that is hugely disappointing! Thanks for the heads-up as it puts it to bed.

Quote from the guy who posted on Kunos forums...

“Marco talks, among other things, about the differences between PC and Console versions of ACC, patch delivering process and delays for consoles and the impact of Covid on the development of the console version of the game.
He apologizes for not being what console players expected but he knows that and their working on it.

The interviewers asks him about the New Gen Console version of ACC and from Marco's answer it seems like the development hasn't even started yet :(but from the way he reacts to the question it could be like he's not giving details on purpose waiting for an official announcement but doesn't give any timeline about it.”

SimRacing Unlimited: You are currently developing a version of ACC for the new PS5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles. What are the advantages of the improved hardware?

Marco Massarutto: Well, Unreal Engine 4 is quite demanding in terms of performance and the new generation of consoles can handle the whole process better, granting a more stable frame rate, a higher resolution, etc

https://www.simracing-unlimited.com...-massarutto-in-our-exclusive-interview-part-1

This is two days after that video interview, basically a completely opposite reply to the same question in the video.

SimRacing Unlimited: You are currently developing a version of ACC for the new PS5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles. What are the advantages of the improved hardware?

Marco Massarutto: Well, Unreal Engine 4 is quite demanding in terms of performance and the new generation of consoles can handle the whole process better, granting a more stable frame rate, a higher resolution, etc

https://www.simracing-unlimited.com...-massarutto-in-our-exclusive-interview-part-1

This is two days after that video interview, basically a completely opposite reply to the same question in the video.

Lol... Marco masarutto in his maximum expression xD

But he's only talking about the obvious vantages of the new consoles hardware..
We don't have to forget that Unreal engine 5 was presented running on a PS5 (like UE4 was presented running on a PS4)

Unreal engine 4 is demanding, yeah... But quite some games are running it without much problems on oldgen (MotoGP, ride games, isle of man, ace combat 7, kingdom hearts 3 , some dragon Ball games, Fortnite..)

So if a standard PS4 can run it at 30, and PS4pro can run some at 60fps, it's obvious that PS5 can run the UE4 even better, kunos didn't update to the lasted updates from UE4 either on PC where there's now improvements of performance, cause they modded the UE to support triple screen.

Time will say, but if D3T was working on bug fixing and porting it's als obvious that they didn't start the development still of the "next Gen version"

Hi everyone,

Is anyone on PS having issues with the British DLC and Season Pass?

I bought the "Assetto Corsa Season Pass" for $25 a couple of months ago, but it hasn't auto-downloaded the British DLC... How can I get it to download the DLC?

I can't even buy the British GT DLC separate because it's marked as unavailable:
This product is unavailable for the following reasons:​
You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you're trying to buy.
Assetto Corsa Season Pass​

upload_2021-5-5_13-52-51.png

I just want to drive at donington park... pls help :nervous:

It won't auto download it so don't worry about that. You still have to select the pack. Are you on PS4 or PS5?
For me on PS5 the DLC was thumbnailed on the ACC homescreen before launching the game.

Last edited:
For me on PS5 the DLC was thumbnailed on the ACC homescreen before launching the game.

In case you are on PS4, the same applies. Not user friendly but don’t worry you should be able to download it for “free” as part of the season pass. Happened the same to several of us.

It worked!!! I wasn't finding where it was available to download for free, but I managed to find with your tips!

If anyone else is wondering: press the PS button when running ACC and hovering over ACC from the PS5 home and the DLC will appear as available to download for free.

You guys are amazing!!!

I love Donington Park,but seen a few bad 'pop-up' moments of clouds and fences - is this something they patch out?

I love Donington Park,but seen a few bad 'pop-up' moments of clouds and fences - is this something they patch out?
I've noticed more pop up and performance issues on the new tracks than on pretty much every other track. Texture draw distance, trees etc. They seem to be of a slightly lower quality than the original ones.

Hopefully a dedicated PS5 patch will address these things but until then I doubt much will happen.

It doesn't matter how good the sim + physics are, the frame rate is better, but ACC still looks pretty terrible on PS5.

I've noticed more pop up and performance issues on the new tracks than on pretty much every other track. Texture draw distance, trees etc. They seem to be of a slightly lower quality than the original ones.

Hopefully a dedicated PS5 patch will address these things but until then I doubt much will happen.

I've seen more stuttering on these three new tracks.

Oulton Park is quickly becoming one of my new favorite tracks. I played it in PC2, but that game has such horrible controller support with a bunch of cars. It’s a dream to drive in ACC. I don’t care for brands hatch and I loathe Silverstone. It’s weird oulton doesn’t get more love.

It doesn't matter how good the sim + physics are, the frame rate is better, but ACC still looks pretty terrible on PS5.
It looks decent to me. Not GT sport level but not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, only watching a replay at certain tracks, the frame rate becomes skippy. When I'm racing in cockpit view, no problems.

Only thing about the graphics on my base PS4, if ACC could look like AC, that'd be fine. If AC physics were like ACC, even better. I leave my DS4 settings at default. Manual gears and steering animation removed.
The instrument/dash panel is crisp, clear and legible.

Last edited:

Hard disagree. Game looks downright gorgeous at times. Especially once you set your PS5 to 1080.
Sure, GTS has the cleaner IQ, but it also has pre baked lighting and no dynamic weather or TOD - just way less going on.

I know we’ve kind of settled on calling 505 incompetent or whatever around here, but I’d argue they did a banger job to get this notoriously demanding game (even in PC) running and looking as well as it does on old and current gen.

And it’s only getting better from here.

Last edited:
Yeah, only watching a replay at certain tracks, the frame rate becomes skippy. When I'm racing in cockpit view, no problems.

Only thing about the graphics on my base PS4, if ACC could look like AC, that'd be fine. If AC physics were like ACC, even better. I leave my DS4 settings at default. Manual gears and steering animation removed.
The instrument/dash panel is crisp, clear and legible.
I was testing AC in comparison this week. The FFB seems finer in details when it’s about wheels, rubber on the track. I need to check my DD1 profiles... maybe it’s in the settings somewhere. Lowering NDP could help... but all these Podium Settings are a bit overwhelming at first.
I watched a lot of videos but still it’s down to tinkering with the settings and finding my own sweetspot.
Hard disagree. Game looks downright gorgeous at times. Especially once you set your PS5 to 1080.
Sure, GTS has the cleaner IQ, but it also has pre baked lighting and no dynamic weather or TOD - just way less going on.

I know we’ve kind of settled on calling 505 incompetent or whatever around here, but I’d argue they did a banger job to get this notoriously demanding game (even in PC) running and looking as well as it does on old and current gen.

And it’s only getting better from here.
like what?!
Even AC looks better than ACC! What about the graphics bugs like wheel half visible or pop-ins, random stutter, blurry textures (wich are even worse when playing in 4K), “hovering” cars (wich have no connection to the track)...
GTS is another level again!
But let’s stay with Kunos Games... what settings do I have to tick to get better graphics?!
I’m playing on PS5 set to output 1080p on a 4K 55”!
Edit: my screen is about 120cm away from my eyes when I’m racing using my cockpit.

I am really enjoying what’s given here, but I don’t see how one can say this game looks ace, when all the flaws are plain to see. I respect others opinions though. Mine should be clear now. :)

Last edited:
I was testing AC in comparison this week. The FFB seems finer in details when it’s about wheels, rubber on the track. I need to check my DD1 profiles... maybe it’s in the settings somewhere. Lowering NDP could help... but all these Podium Settings are a bit overwhelming at first.
I watched a lot of videos but still it’s down to tinkering with the settings and finding my own sweetspot.

like what?!
Even AC looks better than ACC! What about the graphics bugs like wheel half visible or pop-ins, random stutter, blurry textures (wich are even worse when playing in 4K), “hovering” cars (wich have no connection to the track)...
GTS is another level again!
But let’s stay with Kunos Games... what settings do I have to tick to get better graphics?!
I’m playing on PS5 set to output 1080p on a 4K 55”!
Edit: my screen is about 120cm away from my eyes when I’m racing using my cockpit.

I am really enjoying what’s given here, but I don’t see how one can say this game looks ace, when all the flaws are plain to see. I respect others opinions though. Mine should be clear now. :)

Never said it looks better than GTS. I said it looks downright gorgeous at times ESPECIALLY considering what it has going on compared to GTS. Not talking down on GTS because I love this game, but it’s completely static compared to ACC.

Pre-baked lighting compared to real time lighting is a big deal. As is dynamic weather and time of day. GTS has amazing IQ, but they cut a lot of corners to get there.

Context is important here.

I’m disagreeing with the notion that ACC looks “terrible” and I stand by that.

Never said it looks better than GTS. I said it looks downright gorgeous at times ESPECIALLY considering what it has going on compared to GTS. Not talking down on GTS because I love this game, but it’s completely static compared to ACC.

Pre-baked lighting compared to real time lighting is a big deal. As is dynamic weather and time of day. GTS has amazing IQ, but they cut a lot of corners to get there.

Context is important here.

I’m disagreeing with the notion that ACC looks “terrible” and I stand by that.
Yeah. Got you. I’m not comparing to GTS.
There sure are some moments where ACC shines. But still the base game is one of the “not so good” looking racing games on PS4. Cant remember what racing game looked worse!
In the end it’s down to what we personally prefer, I guess. I can go with 1080p but not with the flaws I described earlier.
And those flaws are easy to fix I guess. It’s not broken, it’s just flawed.

maybe I’m a bit effected by the PC videos I’m watching… still, this game could and should look better in some regards.

sounds are incredible btw!

edit: sorry I have to edit this. Just had a look in the PSN store. I checked the screenshots for the British GT pack! That sundown picture looks good, guess that’s what you mean. But check the other screenshots and you’ll get what I mean.

anyway. Each to his or her own! And it’s not like I couldn’t get a lot of fun out of this title. Quite the opposite! I leave it here, you have a nice weekend, mate! :cheers:

edit: and yes, it’s a PS4 game. That’s why I hope for a good PS5 port and/or the PC market going back to normal!

Last edited:

Compared to what? You got to remember its not a true PS5 version,its just the PS4 version - for me it plays smoothly and the visuals arnt bad,the sunrise at Donington looked pretty good - but i always have in mind this is still the PS4 game. The track graphics are a step down compared to GT Sport though - but AC was never great graphics imo.

That's where people sometimes forget where the time and money are spent

GT looks great, but where as the money spent? Graphics. All about the graphics and vehicle details.

It's obvious to see where other games spend their money. Physics, sounds, tyre performance, real time environments, track surface.

Funny thing is, Polyphony Digital have track surface data. If or when they decide to use it in a GT game, we may see the physics closer to some full on sim games. And that doesn't mean it'll be difficult for casual players to operate vehicles.

Last edited:
Back