Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,177 comments
I'm kinda very happy to hear this news although a good re-review or two when it finally releases for ps5 could cost me deep in the man purse. PS5 (not paying 1 penny more for it than r.r.p though :D)+FANATEC bits=ouch!.

Had no plans to purchase PS5 or replace my poor old G29 or even buy ACC until ACC was improved specifically to take advantage of the new consoles. I and my wallet will be watching closely.

F.O.V adjust, seat adjust, auto d.o.r, 60fps @ 1080p ( you know, like AC already has) and a few less currently reported bugs and I'll buy whatever Kunos are selling...twice...I promise.

I really do hope, for their sake and ours, they get it right.

Thanks for posting this almost exact list of thoughts I am having; saved me some time! C'mon Kunos team, get it right and I am yours!!!
Until then, I have no reason to do anything other than stick with AC on PS4 with ACC idle in a drawer somewhere (ACC cannot compete with AC on PS4). I really do not want to deal with a PC wanting the plug and play of a console. If new gen consoles get some well thought out attention from sim devs, I will stick with it but otherwise I will be forced to deal with getting a good PC.

I thought I'd do some testing this evening to see if the game still crashes on PS5.

Well, if I want crisp graphics and set the PS5 to 1080p I can hardly go 3 races without the game crashing, so I put it back to 2160p, put up with the blurry visuals, but it didn't crash once in 2 hours. That's a record!

So if anyone else wants to test this out, go ahead. At the moment, certainly on tonight's evidence, I can either play with crisp graphics and suffer numerous crashes, or go back to blurry PS4 graphics and have a seemingly crash-free experience.

Thankfully 60fps no matter which, and it really is a fantastic driving experience. Such good fun!

Thanks for posting this almost exact list of thoughts I am having; saved me some time! C'mon Kunos team, get it right and I am yours!!!
Until then, I have no reason to do anything other than stick with AC on PS4 with ACC idle in a drawer somewhere (ACC cannot compete with AC on PS4). I really do not want to deal with a PC wanting the plug and play of a console. If new gen consoles get some well thought out attention from sim devs, I will stick with it but otherwise I will be forced to deal with getting a good PC.

It takes less time for me to boot up my pc, start steam, start ACC and find a lobby than i takes to even get my ps4 booted up let alone start ACC.

Starting a PC is not some chore you know.

It takes less time for me to boot up my pc, start steam, start ACC and find a lobby than i takes to even get my ps4 booted up let alone start ACC.

Unfortunately I found out this this month. Tried PC if it has something to offer. My last gaming PC was disassembled 8 years ago and I used PS3, X360, PS4, X1 and XSX since then. But Steam is very good, I knew they worked hard on it for many years. I still remember how I refused to buy Half-life 2 because of it. The Steam experience is very near consoles and that's what I always wanted. Currently I am not sure, consoles are still great but PC + Steam is important competitor.

And for mostly racing fans, PC is probably the best platform. I am enjoying Race 07 in 240 FPS, for instance. For older stuff PC is unbeatable.

Unfortunately I found out this this month. Tried PC if it has something to offer. My last gaming PC was disassembled 8 years ago and I used PS3, X360, PS4, X1 and XSX since then. But Steam is very good, I knew they worked hard on it for many years. I still remember how I refused to buy Half-life 2 because of it. The Steam experience is very near consoles and that's what I always wanted. Currently I am not sure, consoles are still great but PC + Steam is important competitor.

And for mostly racing fans, PC is probably the best platform. I am enjoying Race 07 in 240 FPS, for instance. For older stuff PC is unbeatable.

Playing ACC online i average 150fps on epic settings at 1440p with 3 or 4 things turned down. (Foliage, fog, and something else)

Too bad my TV is only 60hz. But the experience is night and day from my PS4.

I did a back to back at suzuka and i was over 1sec per lap faster on pc with the exact same car settings.

Playing ACC online i average 150fps on epic settings at 1440p with 3 or 4 things turned down. (Foliage, fog, and something else)

Too bad my TV is only 60hz. But the experience is night and day from my PS4.

I did a back to back at suzuka and i was over 1sec per lap faster on pc with the exact same car settings.

Crikey, what are your PC specs? Still toying with the idea of getting one.

No more crashes for me on ps5 after the last patch. I think I have the fbb settings sorted out for my wheel but now I have to figure out where to map the buttons. Is being able to change the tc or abs on the fly that important?

Last edited:
No more crashes for me on ps5 after the last patch. I think I have the fbb settings sorted out for my wheel but now I have to figure out where to map the buttons. Is being able to change the tc or abs on the fly that important?
It still crashes for me...

As for the TC/ABS, I change it if I'm racing with dynamic weather and it starts to rain and need to increase the values, and at other times I'll dial the TC down if I think it's coming on too aggressively or when I don't think it's necessary, and I may lower the abs if I think the car isn't braking so well. I think the default TC is set a little too high in some cars basically.

Last edited:
Crikey, what are your PC specs? Still toying with the idea of getting one.

i7 10700k
Nvidia MSI 3070 Suprim X
16Gb RAM (2x8gb) 3600mhz (ram speed matters!)
MSI z490 Tomahawk motherboard
Dark rock pro 4 cpu cooler

20210217_163429.jpg

No,

I run them both on 2 in most cars. 3 and 3 in some super torque monsters like the Bentley

Last edited by a moderator:
i7 10700k
Nvidia MSI 3070 Suprim X
16Gb RAM (2x8gb) 3600mhz (ram speed matters!)
MSI z490 Tomahawk motherboard
Dark rock pro 4 cpu cooler

View attachment 994780

Well while it’s no where near the spec of yours, I managed to bag an I7700k, GTX1070 8GB gaming PC second hand for £600. Plugged it into my 65” 4K TV, running the game on a mixture of medium and high settings in 1440p and getting on average 80fps. That’s with a full grid too. Well chuffed.

All I can say is even with these settings, it looks absolutely spectacular. Bear in mind that’s coming from someone who’s played it on PS4 PRO only. I cannot stress enough. If you have the money and have the slightest desire to get a gaming PC for it, do it. It really is a different game.

I will say though. Considering what I’ve paid for an older system (and I’d dread to think what slowgrayaudi paid ;)), D3T have done a brilliant job to get it looking how it was and with a decent sized grid.

The FFB on PS4, at least on my CSL Elite, was pretty close. There is more detail on PC of course. Kerbs feel so much better. Don’t get that awful clunking you do on PS4. But it’s not far off. No lag and the detail is delivered to you so much quicker because of this. Can really feel under and oversteer. That’s perhaps the biggest improvement over PS4.

So yeah. No way I’m going back to PS4 obviously but well done D3T for getting it where it is on a 7 year old, £200 console. But man, what a game it is playing it how it’s meant to played.

Last edited:
Well while it’s no where near the spec of yours, I managed to bag an I7700k, GTX1070 8GB gaming PC second hand for £600. Plugged it into my 65” 4K TV, running the game on a mixture of medium and high settings in 1440p and getting on average 80fps. That’s with a full grid too. Well chuffed.

All I can say is even with these settings, it looks absolutely spectacular. Bear in mind that’s coming from someone who’s played it on PS4 PRO only. I cannot stress enough. If you have the money and have the slightest desire to get a gaming PC for it, do it. It really is a different game.

I will say though. Considering what I’ve paid for an older system (and I’d dread to think what slowgrayaudi paid ;)), D3T have done a brilliant job to get it looking how it was and with a decent sized grid.

The FFB on PS4, at least on my CSL Elite, was pretty close. There is more detail on PC of course. Kerbs feel so much better. Don’t get that awful clunking you do on PS4. But it’s not far off. No lag and the detail is delivered to you so much quicker because of this. Can really feel under and oversteer. That’s perhaps the biggest improvement over PS4.

So yeah. No way I’m going back to PS4 obviously but well done D3T for getting it where it is on a 7 year old, £200 console. But man, what a game it is playing it how it’s meant to played.

Wholeheartedly agree , I made the switch back in October I think and never looked back.
Just upgraded from a 4k tv to an Alienware Ultrawide and the difference is staggering again.

LOL, everybody's going back. It looks like good racing is on PC only. I am very happy with PC, I can play many times more racing games now.

Thats awesome!! Good find for sure!

The cost was reasonable until i had to get the 3070.

I managed get $150 back. So subtract that from the total. The GPU definitely hurt the wallet

Screenshot_20210212-011835_Samsung Notes.jpg

Not too shabby at all though, especially as it’s all brand new stuff.

I’m finding it a revelation. One of those things where you initially think about how much you’ve spent, but then it soon goes once you realise it was totally worth it due to the experience had. It’s just so good. And I’ve managed to get such a clean, crisp image, something I was not expecting. I really was thinking I’d have to run it at 1080p to get a good frame rate. So again, pleasantly surprised.

Not too shabby at all though, especially as it’s all brand new stuff.

I’m finding it a revelation. One of those things where you initially think about how much you’ve spent, but then it soon goes once you realise it was totally worth it due to the experience had. It’s just so good. And I’ve managed to get such a clean, crisp image, something I was not expecting. I really was thinking I’d have to run it at 1080p to get a good frame rate. So again, pleasantly surprised.

Most definitely.

Im at least 1sec faster in ACC on PC vs ps4. Its crazy how much difference it makes playing at a high frame rate with no compromises.

Im just running 1440p averaging 130-150 fps online.

I could bump it to 4k but i havent bothered. Im sure it'll still run over 60 fps average online at 4k. Tv is 60hz so thats what im limited to.

Last edited:
Most definitely.

Im at least 1sec faster in ACC on PC vs ps4. Its crazy how much difference it makes playing at a high frame rate with no compromises.

Im just running 1440p averaging 130-150 fps online.

I could bump it to 4k but i havent bothered. Im sure it'll still run over 60 fps average online at 4k. Tv is 60hz so thats what im limited to.

Haven’t found myself to be any faster yet, but that maybe because I was already pretty quick on PS4. I had the pro so had the smoother frame rate.

My TV is capable of 120hz but obviously the 1070 doesn’t have HDMI 2.1. May be wrong but pretty sure that’s needed to get to 120hz. I’d definitely have to reduce resolution to 1080p for that anyway. Perfectly happy (and still pleasantly surprised) that I have it at 60+ in 1440p.

Anyway, better leave it there. Going a bit off topic. Although hopefully the next gen versions will look and play just as good!

Haven’t found myself to be any faster yet, but that maybe because I was already pretty quick on PS4. I had the pro so had the smoother frame rate.

My TV is capable of 120hz but obviously the 1070 doesn’t have HDMI 2.1. May be wrong but pretty sure that’s needed to get to 120hz. I’d definitely have to reduce resolution to 1080p for that anyway. Perfectly happy (and still pleasantly surprised) that I have it at 60+ in 1440p.

Anyway, better leave it there. Going a bit off topic. Although hopefully the next gen versions will look and play just as good!
If your tv is 120hz you’ll still be able to get 120fps at 1080 on hdmi 2.0, you only need hdmi 2.1 for 4K 120fps.

If your tv is 120hz you’ll still be able to get 120fps at 1080 on hdmi 2.0, you only need hdmi 2.1 for 4K 120fps.

Ah cool, thanks Frankie. Think I’ll stick with 1440p60 though. It plays brilliantly and looks so sharp. Think 1080p on 65” would look a little soft in comparison. Could upscale of course but I’m happy.

Ah cool, thanks Frankie. Think I’ll stick with 1440p60 though. It plays brilliantly and looks so sharp. Think 1080p on 65” would look a little soft in comparison. Could upscale of course but I’m happy.
QHD with 120 should be possible too. I have HDMI 2.0 and use 240 with FullHD.

I played around today and bumped it to 4k when playing online. Fps is still 80-90 so no loss for me at least. Looks very sharp!

I was pretty quick on PS4 but on the base the frame pacing issues made it a bigger difference than i had expected.

I was running mid 56s hotlapping at nurburgring on ps4, and now im on the mid 55s during races on PC

Last edited:

Haha and fair enough. I am going PC now and I know that once I get used to it, what I posted earlier will seem ridiculous to me. Thanks for the kick in the ass. Looking forward to the mods in AC.

Last edited:
Haha and fair enough. I am going PC now and I know that once I get used to it, what I posted earlier will seem ridiculous to me. Thanks for the kick in the ass. Looking forward to the mods in AC.

Just make sure you get an M.2 drive

Thats where the speed is. Look for deals from micro center and newegg.com if you're stateside. I got my CPU for a steal

Although I am fairly confident in using a PC, I am not that tech savvy to know about all of the latest and greatest things like an M.2 drive.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated keeping in mind that I can spend some money but I am trying to keep things reasonable.
Here is my current plan:
I have a friend who is the IT leader at a larger company and he said to tell him what I need and he will buy the components at his wholesale costs and build it for me. It was my intent to provide him with the recommended (NOT minimum) requirements for ACC as I figured that since everything I hear about ACC being one of the more taxing games, this gear would run AC and the mods at a high level. Since ACC came out a while ago, I will ask my buddy to upgrade items if cost is not impacted greatly.

Here are the published requirements for ACC:
  • Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, Radeon RX 580 8GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Integrated
My bottom line question is - Will this run AC and all of its mod content at high settings and will I be happy playing ACC on this machine?
FYI - I am almost positive that the processor will be i7 or i9.

Thanks for any thoughts or guidance.

Last edited:
I don't think this is worse than others. Communication is very bad these days. Everybody is hiding everything. With this approach I could stop support games day 1 because I won't have enough info.

I assume the British DLC is still coming. They said later in the spring, so I'm guessing maybe the end of May? Hopefully we finally get that FOV adjustment too.

I fired my Xbox after some time and ACC on it is not bad. Only 60 FPS is a bit blurry but who knows how many FPS it will have. So I think it could be good version. Looking forward to it but won't give any more money than I already gave. My paid British pack is still not here :D

Back