Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,176 comments
There's dash, cockpit and helmet cam views on console. No seat adjustment or FOV options mean the cockpit views aren't quite what I'd like, so tend to run dash myself.
Also, due to the resolution being low on PS4 I find the Motec display flickers in cockpit view and looks bad, which isn't fixed on PS5.
Yes, I’m going dash cam myself... it’s the closest to the real thing.
How I freaking wish for fov settings!!
Don’t wanna talk about the graphics anymore...^^ the sound is much better! ;)

Can’t let go of the title for now, no urge to start GTS since I own the title.

Yeah all the info you need can be put up on the HUD. I think it's just the resolution they fixed for the standard PS4 that causes the flickering, I don't think it's there on Pro, but for some reason the PS5 looks like the base console in terms of graphics, other than the 60fps.

This is another reason I drive in dash view; a bit closer so a bit less blurry out the windscreen.
And again, the GFX... ^^ :)
Did you force your PS4/5 to output 1080p?!
On my PS5 this makes a noticeable difference. I play in 1080p on a 4K TV.
4K looks way more blurry, wich is a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
And again, the GFX... ^^ :)
Did you force your PS4/5 to output 1080p?!
On my PS5 this makes a noticeable difference. I play in 1080p on a 4K TV.
4K looks way more blurry, wich is a shame.
If I do that the game will crash at least once per hour, but if I leave the console at 2160p it rarely crashes, so I've just accepted the blur so I can have a crash-free experience.

I guess once an hour doesn't sound too bad but sometimes it'll do it every other race which gets annoying.

Last edited:
I wonder what the player base will be like once the next gen update comes out. Right now the only way to really enjoy the game is with league races. I can’t imagine the public lobbies will still be populated around Q4

I wonder what the player base will be like once the next gen update comes out. Right now the only way to really enjoy the game is with league races. I can’t imagine the public lobbies will still be populated around Q4

I imagine being the first “native” next gen racing game could put it in a nice spot. GT7 is a 2022 thing (at least) and there’s no news on Forza. The lack of next gen driving games seems to have been a common complaint about these consoles so far. Dirt 5 being.. well, Dirt 5, didn’t help.

If it can achieve parity or near parity with the PC versions then that would be great too. If they can reverse some of the narrative/perception that the console versions are poor relations to PC for ACC and any future AC2, then I think the player base will be just fine.

In any racing game I played for significant amounts of time, I'm always around 2-3 seconds off the top times as well. The thing is, once you get that close to the top times, it's all about fine precision and accuracy. You're a very fast driver by any standards, and likely you're not lacking in technique. But the top guys just do the basics just that little bit better everywhere. Nurb GP has 12 corners, so your 2.2 second deficit is actually only 0.18 second per corner. That is the level of fine margins we're talking about here.

Depending on what you want to achieve, you can keep trying to push hard, but it will be an exponential curve. Or you could just be like me and accept that you'll never be an alien, and just enjoy racing people of similar skill level :lol:

I spent more time on the lap, and last week in a session I was on route to a 1'57 flat but I messed it up in the last chicane.
Still, I finished my very first online league race in 3rd place :D
I only got in 1 fast lap during qualifying in. The track was cold, and so I had to spend most of my time seeing how the tyres would react to the track, and then adjusting my tyre pressures to get a fast lap in. I qualified in 2nd with a 1'57.8, 0.3s behind pole. I seriously could have contended for pole, but I missed the last window for a fresh set of tyres and a fast lap.
Race started out wet, and the polesitter got punted off in T1, taking me with him. I rejoined the track in P8, and decided to just sit there and not take risks and focus on putting in consistent laps. The track was just a bit too dry for my wet setup, so my pressures were a bit too high as well. I just focused on being consistent, and for 60 minutes straight I clocked 2'04 laps every single lap. I wasn't fast, but after my pitstop I really felt I preserved my tires better on a drying track. The drivers in front of me made mistakes, and I battled with the pole sitter for P3 on track.

Extremely satisfying to drive so consistently for an hour, and to finish on the podium by focusing on clean laps. 👍

I spent more time on the lap, and last week in a session I was on route to a 1'57 flat but I messed it up in the last chicane.
Still, I finished my very first online league race in 3rd place :D
I only got in 1 fast lap during qualifying in. The track was cold, and so I had to spend most of my time seeing how the tyres would react to the track, and then adjusting my tyre pressures to get a fast lap in. I qualified in 2nd with a 1'57.8, 0.3s behind pole. I seriously could have contended for pole, but I missed the last window for a fresh set of tyres and a fast lap.
Race started out wet, and the polesitter got punted off in T1, taking me with him. I rejoined the track in P8, and decided to just sit there and not take risks and focus on putting in consistent laps. The track was just a bit too dry for my wet setup, so my pressures were a bit too high as well. I just focused on being consistent, and for 60 minutes straight I clocked 2'04 laps every single lap. I wasn't fast, but after my pitstop I really felt I preserved my tires better on a drying track. The drivers in front of me made mistakes, and I battled with the pole sitter for P3 on track.

Extremely satisfying to drive so consistently for an hour, and to finish on the podium by focusing on clean laps. 👍

What track conditions were qualifying in?

Id love to turn some laps to see how far off your time I'd be.

I know the British GT pack is due next week, but that doesn’t include the proper PS5 patch, does it? We still waiting on a date for that?

Not a patch, it’s a full blown next gen release. Nothing confirmed in terms of dates. I would imagine latter half of this year.

So, I have a question for the ppl that have the T300rs on PS5. Friend of mine cannot navigate the pit MDF during a race on ACC. Does anyone experience the same issues? He loves the game but, this is making him hate racing in our league races. We have one mandatory pit stop.

So, I have a question for the ppl that have the T300rs on PS5. Friend of mine cannot navigate the pit MDF during a race on ACC. Does anyone experience the same issues? He loves the game but, this is making him hate racing in our league races. We have one mandatory pit stop.
So he assigned a button for the MFD and can cycle through it during a race but in the pits it’s not working?!
Can he select options in the MFD using the digi cross on his wheel?

So he assigned a button for the MFD and can cycle through it during a race but in the pits it’s not working?!
Can he select options in the MFD using the digi cross on his wheel?

I'll have to ask. He's in England, I'm US

Not a patch, it’s a full blown next gen release. Nothing confirmed in terms of dates. I would imagine latter half of this year.
Nothing about that is confirmed.
Can be easily a patch for those that already have Xbox one/PS4 version and make an "complete edition" with the Dlc's included as a "next Gen version".

So we have all to wait and see, only thing known is that it's the same port studio in front of all consoles that also work on "next Gen"

He needs to assign a button to cycle MFD, and not one of the D-pad buttons. Also right now you can't map L2 or R2 but hopefully that's getting fixed soon
I was just asking if the dpad is working at all. But yes, first of all he needs to assign a button for the MFD! Cycle through the MFD options during gameplay with that assigned button and selecting those options with the use of the dpad... so i thought.

Last edited:
He needs to assign a button to cycle MFD, and not one of the D-pad buttons. Also right now you can't map L2 or R2 but hopefully that's getting fixed soon
You can't? Is that something they broke recently? I'm using every button on my T300 for something.

You can't? Is that something they broke recently? I'm using every button on my T300 for something.
L2 & R2 mapping is broken since last 2 patches, but if you mapped the buttons before the last 2 patches and didn't change anything,then they keep working with the feature you mapped on them..

For the rest, waiting till Wednesday 28th April when 1.7.x get launched together with the British dlc and hopefully the button mapping issue is fixed as I also hope to see other bugs and offline crashes fixed

https://discord.com/channels/408202433181777920/504961689553338380/837353356657819659

Can’t exactly remember where we were having a discussion on the next gen version and whether it’s coming or not, but thought I’d bring light to this as it’s a little more positive - a comment from a 505 guy on ACC Discord. Not concrete info I know but a sign it’s in the works still for anyone a little nervous from the recent Marco interview...

“As was mentioned above, this isn't a PS5 game, so I'd assume that the graphics on PS5 will be ironed out when the PS5 version is released in the future.”

Last edited:
https://discord.com/channels/408202433181777920/504961689553338380/837353356657819659

Can’t exactly remember where we were having a discussion on the next gen version and whether it’s coming or not, but thought I’d bring light to this as it’s a little more positive - a comment from a 505 guy on ACC Discord. Not concrete info I know but a sign it’s in the works still for anyone a little nervous from the recent Marco interview...

“As was mentioned above, this isn't a PS5 game, so I'd assume that the graphics on PS5 will be ironed out when the PS5 version is released in the future.”

It was me who made the question he answered.
His response wasn’t exactly right right.
Yes acc PS5 is blurry @4k and sharper at 1080p but that’s not PS5 specific.
On a PS4 Pro it’s also better looking @1080p and blurry @4k.

I simply asked how it’s possible for a game to be broken for so long, reported hundreds of times and they still ignore that fact.

I gave it up by now.
Doing the same as everyone else and switch to PC as soon as possible.

Last edited:
It was me who made the question he answered.
His response wasn’t exactly right right.
Yes acc PS5 is blurry @4k and sharper at 1080p but that’s not PS5 specific.
On a PS4 Pro it’s also better looking @1080p and blurry @4k.

I simply asked how it’s possible for a game to be broken for so long, reported hundreds of times and they still ignore that fact.

I gave it up by now.
Doing the same as everyone else and switch to PC as soon as possible.

That decision was made at launch.

4K (1800p checkerboard) mode comes with higher resolution but with less graphical details and less view distance (that's why it's blurry) , and in one update they lowered still a bit the graphic details and view distance to gain between 5-10 FPS, so it goes in PS4 Pro around 40-50fps.

1080p mode has more graphical details and distance view, but on PS4 Pro it's at 30fps.

On PS5, due unlocked frame rate of the game ,both modes runs at 60fps, so best is go for 1080p mode.

If they set graphical details and distance view from the 1080p on the 4K mode it would been below 30fps (unplayable) on PS4 Pro consoles.

Xbox one X is at native 4K (without 1080p mode) and with the improved graphical details and distance view, but it struggle and don't runs at so high framerate and smooth as on PS4 Pro.

On Xbox series X it's same as on Xbox one X, native 4K etc, but framerate is a bit less stable still (FPS drops) than on PS5 (lower resolution in both modes= better performance)

Dane of 505games showed several times that he isn't aware off ACC consoles situation, Mike was, but he's gone

That decision was made at launch.

4K (1800p checkerboard) mode comes with higher resolution but with less graphical details and less view distance (that's why it's blurry) , and in one update they lowered still a bit the graphic details and view distance to gain between 5-10 FPS, so it goes in PS4 Pro around 40-50fps.

1080p mode has more graphical details and distance view, but on PS4 Pro it's at 30fps.

On PS5, due unlocked frame rate of the game ,both modes runs at 60fps, so best is go for 1080p mode.

If they set graphical details and distance view from the 1080p on the 4K mode it would been below 30fps (unplayable) on PS4 Pro consoles.

Xbox one X is at native 4K (without 1080p mode) and with the improved graphical details and distance view, but it struggle and don't runs at so high framerate and smooth as on PS4 Pro.

On Xbox series X it's same as on Xbox one X, native 4K etc, but framerate is a bit less stable still (FPS drops) than on PS5 (lower resolution in both modes= better performance)

Dane of 505games showed several times that he isn't aware off ACC consoles situation, Mike was, but he's gone

Finally a answer that explains what happened.
Shame it doesn’t come from the developer (support) itself.

Thanks again.

I have had crashes all week (PS5 and Race )

Post update not one, I did get a disconnect but no game crashes so fingers crossed.

Best it's been honest, really good on PS5
Do you set your PS5 to output at 1080p? This is where I get crashes. Doesn't happen very often if I leave it at 2160p
I've only played for 1hr since the patch, will test some more tonight.

Last edited:
Do you set your PS5 to output at 1080p? This is where I get crashes. Doesn't happen very often if I leave it at 2160p
I've only played for 1hr since the patch, will test some more tonight.
1080p

I think if a PS5 version is released I may upgrade my screen.

I have different problem after update. While driving shifting gears doesn't work sometimes. Fanatec CSL ELITE on ps5. Anybody knows this problem?

I have different problem after update. While driving shifting gears doesn't work sometimes. Fanatec CSL ELITE on ps5. Anybody knows this problem?

Is it just on downshifts? Certain cars won't allow you to downshift if the revs are too high

Back