Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,174 comments
Hi, Both, up and down. Sometimes it goes from 1 to 4 and no move either direction, sometimes, 1,2 and the same. I have used dualshoock to check this, and it always worked. So I have checked the wheel itself on Gran Turismo Sport and it works fine. So looks like the game after ugrade?

Hi, Both, up and down. Sometimes it goes from 1 to 4 and no move either direction, sometimes, 1,2 and the same. I have used dualshoock to check this, and it always worked. So I have checked the wheel itself on Gran Turismo Sport and it works fine. So looks like the game after ugrade?
Maybe there is a software update available for your hardware. Check that first.
Then I’d go resetting the wheel hardware. Next step would be reinstalling the software. But that’s just me.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Wheel is updated... and strange coincidence that after last update something is wrong. Anyway if someone had this case and solved it please share;)

Last edited:
I’d bought ACC for my PS4 & sold it as I wasn’t happy with how it looked - now I’m on PS5 I was planning on re-buying, but based on the latest comments I think I’ll leave it until the PS5 version is released!

I’d bought ACC for my PS4 & sold it as I wasn’t happy with how it looked - now I’m on PS5 I was planning on re-buying, but based on the latest comments I think I’ll leave it until the PS5 version is released!
On the whole I'd say it looks decent enough on PS5, but only if you force the console to output at 1080p. It's far crisper than the base PS4 image.
There are still some blurry textures here and there but certainly far better than before. 60fps smoothness too.

It's a bit better but not significant enough for the purchase.

I love the physics and handling of this game but I have shelved it, even on my PS5.

I want it to be my primary game but PC2 still looks so much better even though it's so much older. I miss the sounds of ACC terribly but regardless of settings, it is what it is, and until they make a game optimized specifically for next gen, it's just not good enough.

Shelved this game a long time ago soon after release as it hurt my eyes on standard ps4, also havent really been checking this forum as haven't played it.

Now I have finally managed to bag a PS5 I came straight on here to see what I could expect from ACC on PS5 and now I am depressed after reading all the comments lol

Hope a real PS5 version is in the works and we get a free upgrade if we own the PS4 version. Here's hoping anyways

Shelved this game a long time ago soon after release as it hurt my eyes on standard ps4, also havent really been checking this forum as haven't played it.

Now I have finally managed to bag a PS5 I came straight on here to see what I could expect from ACC on PS5 and now I am depressed after reading all the comments lol

Hope a real PS5 version is in the works and we get a free upgrade if we own the PS4 version. Here's hoping anyways
The fact that it now runs at a rock solid 60fps in any weather condition depresses you?

Granted it could still look better, but at 1080p it's far sharper and less blurry than the PS4 version.

Last edited:
The fact that it now runs at a rock solid 60fps in any weather condition depresses you?

Granted it could still look better, but at 1080p it's far sharper and less blurry than the PS4 version.

The crashes worry more than that but I was expecting higher quality thats for sure. Guessing my expectations were a bit high. Still holding out hope for a top quality ps5 version soon.

The crashes worry more than that but I was expecting higher quality thats for sure. Guessing my expectations were a bit high. Still holding out hope for a top quality ps5 version soon.
Yeah me too, it really needs a nice shiny new patch.
Since the latest patch I haven't had any crashes, where before it was guaranteed to happen constantly. So that's progress.

If there is a patch coming I bet it's still months away.

Yeah me too, it really needs a nice shiny new patch.
Since the latest patch I haven't had any crashes, where before it was guaranteed to happen constantly. So that's progress.

If there is a patch coming I bet it's still months away.

Will still pop it in when my ps5 turns up and see how it is, glad to hear crashes are less frequent or maybe even gone for good.

GT sport ruins the graphics on ACC for me and ACC ruins the physics in GT sport. Cant have it all I guess :)

With a PS5 version coming it's no surprise the PS5 patch is minimal. I was Surprised there was a patch at all.

Does anyone have any experience playing ACC on Series X? Does that version fare any better as far as the image quality goes on the new systems? I'm assuming it still runs the game at 60fps like the PS5 does?

Does anyone have any experience playing ACC on Series X? Does that version fare any better as far as the image quality goes on the new systems? I'm assuming it still runs the game at 60fps like the PS5 does?
I have this game on the series X and frankly at the moment I really wouldn't bother.

For the purpose of context I originally purchased this game on the PlayStation 4 pro on day of release and whilst payable it was never brilliant on that format but the game showed such promise that when the series X came out and I managed to finally get my hands on one of those I thought it was worth purchasing the game again to make use of the extra horsepower from that console.

Whilst some people have had success in multiplayer with smooth frame rates in single player as the game exists at the moment even on the series X I cannot run more than 15 AI cars along with myself without significant stuttering and huge frame rate drops at the start of any race.

For example the first Chicane off the start finish line of Imola if you start from the back of the grid (as I usually do because of the extra challenge) it literally becomes a slideshow during the Chicane during a race, if the AI is sufficient that you can do Close intense racing , effectively so the pack doesn't spread out too much, then again as soon as you get close to a pack of vehicles the framerate starts to tank.

The issue appears to be (amongst other things) the lighting used to project the Shadows seems to have a very heavy impact on the framerate ,prior to the most recent patch if you ran the game on a cloudy day after the first lap it would clear up framerate wise very nicely and it used to be more than agreeable, you could have a good race however post current patch they seem to have nonced this up as well and the frame rates take a hit even on overcast days.

So so to sum up (apologies for the long winded reply) if you're buying a series X for other gaming purposes along with with this game then overtime it may improve and is a good purchase but at the moment I certainly wouldn't go to the expense of purchasing the series X just for this. The game is in a poor state given the power of the X and there appears to be an unwillingness by the developers to make use of the extra horsepower in order to (I suspect) flog you a new version later down the line under the guise of nextgen.

I have this game on the series X and frankly at the moment I really wouldn't bother.

For the purpose of context I originally purchased this game on the PlayStation 4 pro on day of release and whilst payable it was never brilliant on that format but the game showed such promise that when the series X came out and I managed to finally get my hands on one of those I thought it was worth purchasing the game again to make use of the extra horsepower from that console.

Whilst some people have had success in multiplayer with smooth frame rates in single player as the game exists at the moment even on the series X I cannot run more than 15 AI cars along with myself without significant stuttering and huge frame rate drops at the start of any race.

For example the first Chicane off the start finish line of Imola if you start from the back of the grid (as I usually do because of the extra challenge) it literally becomes a slideshow during the Chicane during a race, if the AI is sufficient that you can do Close intense racing , effectively so the pack doesn't spread out too much, then again as soon as you get close to a pack of vehicles the framerate starts to tank.

The issue appears to be (amongst other things) the lighting used to project the Shadows seems to have a very heavy impact on the framerate ,prior to the most recent patch if you ran the game on a cloudy day after the first lap it would clear up framerate wise very nicely and it used to be more than agreeable, you could have a good race however post current patch they seem to have nonced this up as well and the frame rates take a hit even on overcast days.

So so to sum up (apologies for the long winded reply) if you're buying a series X for other gaming purposes along with with this game then overtime it may improve and is a good purchase but at the moment I certainly wouldn't go to the expense of purchasing the series X just for this. The game is in a poor state given the power of the X and there appears to be an unwillingness by the developers to make use of the extra horsepower in order to (I suspect) flog you a new version later down the line under the guise of nextgen.
Exactly what I said a few months ago before they announced this, these guys (kunos) treat the console versions with very little respect and just release totally broken builds that if they actually tested with for 5 minutes would be discovered. Things like not being able to start a multiplayer race at all, steering wheels pulling to the left of you hit options, game running at 15 fps and other completely idiotic things like those.
They don't care about console it's just a quick money grab for them so they can work on the PC version or at this point I suspect their next PC game as even the PC ACC development has seemed to stop as well now (no future content planned from what I can tell)

Exactly what I said a few months ago before they announced this, these guys (kunos) treat the console versions with very little respect and just release totally broken builds that if they actually tested with for 5 minutes would be discovered. Things like not being able to start a multiplayer race at all, steering wheels pulling to the left of you hit options, game running at 15 fps and other completely idiotic things like those.
They don't care about console it's just a quick money grab for them so they can work on the PC version or at this point I suspect their next PC game as even the PC ACC development has seemed to stop as well now (no future content planned from what I can tell)
completely agree, from what I have read it would appear that the PC version of the game is now complete and therefore no further development on that front, this will obviously mean the same for the console version so to all intent and purposes the game is effectively now the best it will be which is not particularly good, at least on console.

I suspect any next gen version of this game on console will be nothing more than a graphical facelift probably a minor one of that but it will still exhibit all of the known faults that currently exist including the the somewhat retarded framerate.

You’re both wrong. Kunos have nothing to do with the console version and the game hasn’t stopped development on PC by a long shot. Updates occur every few weeks and developers are pretty active on the official forum. The 2021 season should be coming and there has been talk from the big cheese of the possibility of the American and Asian championships being added. If you want the full fat experience, get it on PC. It has always been the case and that won’t change with the next gen release. So if you’re expecting anything other than that, you’re only setting yourself up for disappointment. If things change, it’ll be an added bonus for you both :cheers:

ACC on the PS5 with the new PSVR.

Famine's article
PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X offer far more capability for the studios to create as close to a PC experience as possible on console.
What does this exactly mean? As close as possible to a pc experience, in what way?

Marketing fluff imho.

One of the questions is has the unreal engine been improved for next gen and/or can D3T optimise the code better ? lets be honest they didn't do a great job on current gen and even on PS5 I see dropped frames at Zolder when other cars are in the pits. GT Sport (and others) look and run better on a base PS4 than ACC does on a PS5.

AI needs improvement too, as does FFB (at least on a G29) - all it does is rattle and bang over bumps.

AI needs improvement too, as does FFB (at least on a G29) - all it does is rattle and bang over bumps.

G29 has really good ffb in this game after that last patch from few weeks ago(new SKU for logitech/thrustmaster patch). It does what its supposed to be doing. If you want more than that you have to go for belt drive/dd.Compared to GT sport which has bad basic ffb in this game its actually worth it to have better wheel. But its kinda obvious, acc is made for wheel in mind while gt sport for controller users

G29 has really good ffb in this game after that last patch from few weeks ago(new SKU for logitech/thrustmaster patch). It does what its supposed to be doing. If you want more than that you have to go for belt drive/dd.Compared to GT sport which has bad basic ffb in this game its actually worth it to have better wheel. But its kinda obvious, acc is made for wheel in mind while gt sport for controller users
Maybe it’s his settings. Cant imagine the G29 not delivering good enough FFB.

ACC on the PS5 with the new PSVR.

What does this exactly mean? As close as possible to a pc experience, in what way?
Most likely They're talking about the new consoles being able to run the game with all the settings (full grid with "storm rain" at night for example) at 60fps without any drops due the newer CPUs.

Tempting on ps4 on sale on ps store when seeing racing videos,like nurburing practice now.
Need try hold off until ps5... cant take if there's stutter on ps4.

Interesting

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-144540.png
    Screenshot_20210904-144540.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Interesting
Oh boy, now i worry, it's not kunos doing it then grr, and he didn't answer if using the pc version as a base for the new gen, meaning its probably not. Pff, going to wait now for sure.
Edit: thanks, was thinking to get it on ps4 since the free upgrade but now..
Honestly makes me pissed off at them now. With the success of ac on ps4 supposedly, even if a basic port apart from good performance, that's how they treat console customers.
I wonder now even about ac2, jeez.

Edit2: the way they talked in another article it seemed to imply they were doing it themselves.
Saying once we are done with doing the new gen we will look at the ps4 version to see what we can do. Pff good god.

Last edited:
Back