Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,174 comments
Tempting on ps4 on sale on ps store when seeing racing videos,like nurburing practice now.
Need try hold off until ps5... cant take if there's stutter on ps4.
You can always buy it now and upgrade and play it when it's out??.

Oh boy, now i worry, it's not kunos doing it then grr, and he didn't answer if using the pc version as a base for the new gen, meaning its probably not. Pff, going to wait now for sure.
Edit: thanks, was thinking to get it on ps4 since the free upgrade but now..
Honestly makes me pissed off at them now. With the success of ac on ps4 supposedly, even if a basic port apart from good performance, that's how they treat console customers.
I wonder now even about ac2, jeez.

Edit2: the way they talked in another article it seemed to imply they were doing it themselves.
Saying once we are done with doing the new gen we will look at the ps4 version to see what we can do. Pff good god.
I'm pretty confident about the next gen version now I've seen FOV and especially that reply from Aris. It's a very different reply to questions posed to him when the PS4 version came out.

I never got the impression they were working on it themselves, especially as half the team are working on the new game and half on the next DLC

Last edited:
You can always buy it now and upgrade and play it when it's out??.

I'm pretty confident about the next gen version now I've seen FOV and especially that reply from Aris. It's a very different reply to questions posed to him when the PS4 version came out.

I never got the impression they were working on it themselves, especially as half the team are working on the new game and half on the next DLC
I see, so you think it will be an equivalent of the full pc version on new gen?
Well in an earlier interview, he said 'we' are working on the new gen version, and then they would look into improving the last gen version, as if it's themselves now taking care of console versions, i don't know, sounded like it.

But now he mentions another dev doing this. And unknowned to me at least.

Well also it's a bit expensive with dlcs, especially i like gt4s, for a messy port.

Edit: anyone know if preorders for new gen are up on psn? Do i need to be on a ps5? Would it include having the ps4 version now?

Last edited:
I see, so you think it will be an equivalent of the full pc version on new gen?
Well in an earlier interview, he said 'we' are working on the new gen version, and then they would look into improving the last gen version, as if it's themselves now taking care of console versions, i don't know, sounded like it.

But now he mentions another dev doing this. And unknowned to me at least.

Well also it's a bit expensive with dlcs, especially i like gt4s, for a messy port.

Edit: anyone know if preorders for new gen are up on psn? Do i need to be on a ps5? Would it include having the ps4 version now?
ACC runs on PS4, with some issues, those issues mostly are due old gen. The main issues people had were frame rate, then with updates track texture res being lowered when trying to fix headlights. They seem like issues easily fixable for a much more powerful system. Other issues were FOV and seat adjustment, they're in there. Also PS4 version does not have auxiliary lights on the cars, PS5 version shown does so I'm gonna assume they're working from the PC version rather than PS4 version, I could be wrong. I think it will equal to PC where possible I.e no triple screens on next gen, things like that. Only less than 175 sleeps until we find out.

ACC runs on PS4, with some issues, those issues mostly are due old gen. The main issues people had were frame rate, then with updates track texture res being lowered when trying to fix headlights. They seem like issues easily fixable for a much more powerful system. Other issues were FOV and seat adjustment, they're in there. Also PS4 version does not have auxiliary lights on the cars, PS5 version shown does so I'm gonna assume they're working from the PC version rather than PS4 version, I could be wrong. I think it will equal to PC where possible I.e no triple screens on next gen, things like that. Only less than 175 sleeps until we find out.
It's being done by the complete waste of space who did the PS4 version. Keep expectations in Check. It is bloody marvelous on my PC but hard on system resources.

It's being done by the complete waste of space who did the PS4 version. Keep expectations in Check. It is bloody marvelous on my PC but hard on system resources.
But there's a post on previous page here showing a reply from the devs saying it's Untold Games doing the newgen, and the previous gen was by d3t. Unless they are both same, and changed name.

Nope. Different dev.

EDIT: I also think the PS4 version is a marvel considering how demanding the game is on PC.
I play it daily and I love it to bits.

d3t deserves more respect for getting this game to run at all on dated hardware.

Last edited:
d3t is based in Runcorn, UK, Untold is based in Genova, Italy which is, if not close to Kunos ( Vallelunga Circuit near Rome ) it's at least in the same country ( video calls notwithstanding )

I think it was not a good decision to bring it to ps4. Even on the pro, it's pretty bad.

I just bought a Ryzen 7 5800 system with a RTX3060ti card.

Now looking for decent ultrawide monitor.

I'm only expecting a smooth 60FPS and proper FOV ( which I know has been added ) and suffiecent headlights, plus track surface textures to be equal to ACC PS4 launch. I see no reason why that wont be achieved. I wasn't satisfied with the performance on PS4, however your comment about it being hard on system resource is exactly why D3T could claim they did the best job possible. They were asked to do an impossible job with a time constraint.

Nope. Different dev.

EDIT: I also think the PS4 version is a marvel considering how demanding the game is on PC.
I play it daily and I love it to bits.

d3t deserves more respect for getting this game to run at all on dated hardware.
Agree.

I think it was not a good decision to bring it to ps4. Even on the pro, it's pretty bad.

I just bought a Ryzen 7 5800 system with a RTX3060ti card.

Now looking for decent ultrawide monitor.
I disagree. I have no need for an expensive gaming PC to run one game. I'm happy with the PS4 version. I only with I had gotten a Pro when I got my Slim instead.

I disagree. I have no need for an expensive gaming PC to run one game. I'm happy with the PS4 version. I only with I had gotten a Pro when I got my Slim instead.
Thing is, I am not going to use it for just one game. There's plenty :)

I hope the ACC experience on ps5 will be great!

As long as the next gen upgrade fixes the pop-up of an orange trackside plate on suzuka I am satisfied! Hahaha
Playing it last couple of months on Ps5. Must say I truly love this game. So every attempt to make it more beautifull and smooth is okay in my book.

I am hearing different message about new tracks. Are they coming or not? Some said a DLC package with some American tracks could be a thing. Wishfull thinking? Or is there at least some new tracks in development?

As long as the next gen upgrade fixes the pop-up of an orange trackside plate on suzuka I am satisfied! Hahaha
Playing it last couple of months on Ps5. Must say I truly love this game. So every attempt to make it more beautifull and smooth is okay in my book.

I am hearing different message about new tracks. Are they coming or not? Some said a DLC package with some American tracks could be a thing. Wishfull thinking? Or is there at least some new tracks in development?
Ah I know just the plate you are referring to! Near the beginning of the track? Through those esses? It can be quite distracting.
There is a yellow crane that pops up at Oulton Park if I'm not mistaken. Just remove it! The cranes are optional! 😄

Last edited:
I am hoping when the bring out the PS5 version they have a deluxe or ultimate edition with all of DLC. I am more inclined to buy that rather than pay $ 40 + $77 for all of the DLC.

Just saw now live Sebring gt racing, this track isn't in acc i think? No other track than european tour tracks or something, does have Australian track bathurst though. I don't follow much on the real races hehe.
That be so fun though, bumpy Sebring, still remember it from forza 2. Can see the cars feeling the bumps in the race live too.

Edit: wow just saw this: fingers crossed..
Its from racedepartment site. Looks like my wish might come true hehe, and an even better tire model for next gen launch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-144049_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002-144049_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Many many months later after the PS4 version launched, what "View Settings" are now available against the PC version these days?

I'd not expect FOV on consoles, but what about Height and Distance (to change the seating position etc.)? Thanks

Old gen probably never happening. New gen has all the F.o.v/position goodies...allegedly.
Many many months later after the PS4 version launched, what "View Settings" are now available against the PC version these days?

I'd not expect FOV on consoles, but what about Height and Distance (to change the seating position etc.)? Thanks

I wonder if they might upgrade the career mode for newgen.
I dont know much of it now but from all comments it seems it's pretty basic.

Be fun if they had like in f1 series the different practice testings, goals and communications from your crew on all.

I wonder if they might upgrade the career mode for newgen.
I dont know much of it now but from all comments it seems it's pretty basic.

Be fun if they had like in f1 series the different practice testings, goals and communications from your crew on all.
Career has, free practice and a qualifying session for each driver at each round. There is pit communication from your pit chief and during the races.

Also career starts off with grading you at the rookie stage and throughout the career there are a couple of tyre test and brake test sessions to complete.

The career is pretty full on and is the hardest one I have ever done to achieve all the PS trophies. If they made it any harder on PS5 no one would ever do it :-(

Just try and get the Gold trophy on short career and then get back to me here and tell me how it went ;-)

Career has, free practice and a qualifying session for each driver at each round. There is pit communication from your pit chief and during the races.

Also career starts off with grading you at the rookie stage and throughout the career there are a couple of tyre test and brake test sessions to complete.

The career is pretty full on and is the hardest one I have ever done to achieve all the PS trophies. If they made it any harder on PS5 no one would ever do it :-(

Just try and get the Gold trophy on short career and then get back to me here and tell me how it went ;-)
Hehe thanks, yeah i don't mean necessarily harder, just to have involving objectives and feedback in game.
Doesn't even have to be all mandatory, just like in f1 series it's optional, but with some incentive.

Edit: curious, what's different in career from championships in acc?

Last edited:
I did the career mode. I got gold. But, the endurance portion is impossible to finish. The game glitches and you lose the progress mid race. I have not finished that part. I probably won't.

Last edited:
I did the career mode. I got gold. But, the endurance portion is impossible to finish. The game glitches and you lose the progress mid race. I have not finished that part. I probably won't.
Have a look here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ps4-trophies.394723/ In PS4 Trophies. I have given a guide how to get through it and explain (in detail) about the glitches and crashes you you get and how to get around the issues.

And no, it is not impossible to finish just very, VERY hard :-(

BTW what you said is incorrect "I did the career mode. I got gold. But, the endurance portion is impossible to finish" IF you did not finish the endurance part then you did not get the Gold Trophy. You may have retained your Gold Ranking but that is not quite the same thing ;-)

Edit: curious, what's different in career from championships in acc?
Career is the game basically giving you a whole GT3 season made up of both sprint and endurance races. There are also a few tyre and brake test sessions to complete. Also you start off as a rookie learning how the game works. There are 3 different career modes, short, medium and long resulting in PS4 trophies and is essential if you want your overall PS platinum trophy.

Championship is customisable with you choosing what to do and is basically free run ;-) No rewards at the end. It is a good way to practice actual races and get your pitstops sorted.

I see that they have the PS5 Day one edition available for preorder on shop4 megastore.com& zatu games. I am not familiar with them so I guess I'll wait till they are available on Amazon. The day one edition is supposed to have all of DLC I believe. I know it has 2021 DLC at least

kjb
I see that they have the PS5 Day one edition available for preorder on shop4 megastore.com& zatu games. I am not familiar with them so I guess I'll wait till they are available on Amazon. The day one edition is supposed to have all of DLC I believe. I know it has 2021 DLC at least
I don't think it has all DLC's launched in it.
And if you have PS4 game, it will be upgraded free to "next gen".

They also said that buyed DLC will work on Next Gen.

The 2021 liveries isn't a DLC, it came in a game update which never has been ported to consoles version as they changed to another port studio which is making the next gen version on the existing base from D3T LDT ACC port and after the launch on next gen they will look to improve the actual consoles version

Did watch more Gtworld racing on youtube, so i felt to do some gt3,,gt4 sim racing.
Fired up pc2, it's nice of course in many ways, but some things just don't sit right for me.

So i fired up a custom gt3 championship in ac, and it feels so much more real, physical,,visceral to me.
Except some cars sound lousy, others great.
And it is very basic on ps4.

It's making it so hard to not get acc on ps4 now hehe,godamnit. Might get the base game on next sale on ps.

I don't think it has all DLC's launched in it.
And if you have PS4 game, it will be upgraded free to "next gen".

They also said that buyed DLC will work on Next Gen.

The 2021 liveries isn't a DLC, it came in a game update which never has been ported to consoles version as they changed to another port studio which is making the next gen version on the existing base from D3T LDT ACC port and after the launch on next gen they will look to improve the actual consoles version
I got my information from here with regards to the DLC in the Day One edition https://us-motorsport-com.cdn.amppr...s5-and-xbox-series-x-s-february-2022/6654993/
But you were right it is 2021 liveries that is my mistake. But the 2020 GT World Challenge is included

Have a look here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ps4-trophies.394723/ In PS4 Trophies. I have given a guide how to get through it and explain (in detail) about the glitches and crashes you you get and how to get around the issues.

And no, it is not impossible to finish just very, VERY hard :-(

BTW what you said is incorrect "I did the career mode. I got gold. But, the endurance portion is impossible to finish" IF you did not finish the endurance part then you did not get the Gold Trophy. You may have retained your Gold Ranking but that is not quite the same thing ;-)
I don't doubt you. One issue I have had is in game memory. I guess I have too many setups saved? It doesn't let me save progress like I think you've mentioned. I think I read your previous post. Honestly, it's not really worth the time. Thanks otherwise.

Last edited:
kjb
Well, they given the intercontinental DLC free on actual gen If you pre-ordered the game.

So good news seeing that they give the 2020 world challenge DLC (imola track & 2 cars) pre-ordering the "next gen" version.

Still missing the British GT DLC , GT4 European series DLC and the intercontinental DLC ...

At least the people who got the actual gen version and all DLC's get upgrade for free

Back