Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,174 comments
you can do it both from pc and from set up on the steering wheel (MPS on the menu)

Copy. So the “MPS” setting is something I can access by pushing the little black button… where I adjust all my other FFB filters?

Dude I owe you a beer!!!! You’ve saved me about $2500! I’ve been researching this for a while, and haven’t gone across anything. I was literally looking at gaming PC’s, (despite me really not being ready to venture down that path just yet) purely because I knew at least I’d be able to use all my wheel functions and buy button boxes and the like!

When are they going to learn that sim racing isn’t actually about the “racing”. It’s about needlessly pressing buttons and twisting knobs 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
I got punted by the AI going into the Bus Stop at Watkins Glen. It cost me winning a race. I hope that's not going to be a regular thing.

Argh. Looks like the encoders on Fanatec rims still don’t work on PS5
The Encoders have worked fine for me since update 1.80. GT DD Pro with the Formula F1 V 2.5 wheel rim. I have the base set to "BLUE" native mode and I use the two encoders to adjust Brake Bias on the left encoder and TC on the right encoder.

FMW
The Encoders have worked fine for me since update 1.80. GT DD Pro with the Formula F1 V 2.5 wheel rim. I have the base set to "BLUE" native mode and I use the two encoders to adjust Brake Bias on the left encoder and TC on the right encoder.
Do all the rev lights, gear indicator light and such work on your rim with the PS5?

Last edited:
I’ve only got to try the update today. It’s a good update since it didn’t break anything and it solved a few bugs.

I bought the American tracks update and watkins is great. It was already my favourite track on gt7 and in ACC it’s even better. I did 2 30’ races, one from the back and another where I qualified 1st with 95 skill and 93 aggression. The one I started on pole I spent the whole race looking in my rear mirror and defending. Felt amazing. It may be time to do a championship.

I’m a happy camper right now.

I wanted to get enough playing time in to know if the recent updates have improved the game.

Happy to say, it most definitely has. I'm on a PS5 and the racing is fantastic. The ffb is also excellent.

In terms of options and depth and the ability to do multiple different things, I will always prefer PC2. However, ACC makes it hard for me to play PC2 because the handling and the grip is so good. It also feels like the braking is much better and much more stable in ACC.

Last edited:
I can’t seem to bind the pit limiter button on my g29. I change it, save it, go to track and it doesn’t work. When I go back to the controls menu the binding is cleared.

Can anyone try and let me know if it works?

It’s just a visual bug. The binding stills saves but it’s not shown in the controls menu. This happens for the L2 and R2 buttons on the g29. Also, the pit limiter button only works if you have auto pit limiter turned off. I thought it worked regardless but it doesn’t. At least not on this version.

Last edited:
I wanted to get enough playing time in to know if the recent updates have improved the game.

Happy to say, it most definitely has. I'm on a PS5 and the racing is fantastic. The ffb is also excellent.

In terms of options and depth and the ability to do multiple different things, I will always prefer PC2. However, ACC makes it hard for me to play PC2 because the handling and the grip is so good. It also feels like the braking is much better and much more stable in ACC.
Just curious, what wheel are you using and what FFB setting do you have on the wheel and in the in-game menu ("gain" setting?) I'm using Fanatec's recommended settings but sometimes I feel like the FFB/weight is actually a bit too much.

Just curious, what wheel are you using and what FFB setting do you have on the wheel and in the in-game menu ("gain" setting?) I'm using Fanatec's recommended settings but sometimes I feel like the FFB/weight is actually a bit too much.
I'm not on the game now to tell you my actual settings but I'll come back and edit them in this post when I am.

I have the Fanatec GT CSL DD Pro wheel.

Last edited:
Thanks, looking forward to it. I’m on the GT DD as well.
In game settings

Gain 70%
Force 0
Damping 0
Road Effects 50%
Steer Lock 900
Steer Scale 100%
Linearity 1.00
Brake gamma 1.00
Break dead zone 0
Throttle dead zone 0
Pedal rumble OFF

I forgot the list the settings on my wheel

SEN Auto
FF 80
FFS Peak
NDP 25
NFR 005
NIN OFF
INT 06
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 90
DPR 100
BLI OFF
SHO 100
BRF 30 (I DON'T KNOW IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT I HAVE THE LOAD CELL BRAKE PEDAL)

I don't know what many of these settings are and I can't remember exactly how I arrived at them but right now my racing feels fantastic.

I'm fairly certain I arrived at these based on some YouTube people I respect along with the fanatec official recommended along with posts from other users

Last edited:
In game settings

Gain 70%
Force 0
Damping 0
Road Effects 50%
Steer Lock 900
Steer Scale 100%
Linearity 1.00
Brake gamma 1.00
Break dead zone 0
Throttle dead zone 0
Pedal rumble OFF

I forgot the list the settings on my wheel

SEN Auto
FF 80
FFS Peak
NDP 25
NFR 005
NIN OFF
INT 06
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 90
DPR 100
BLI OFF
SHO 100
BRF 30 (I DON'T KNOW IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT I HAVE THE LOAD CELL BRAKE PEDAL)

I don't know what many of these settings are and I can't remember exactly how I arrived at them but right now my racing feels fantastic.

I'm fairly certain I arrived at these based on some YouTube people I respect along with the fanatec official recommended along with posts from other users
Thanks, I may give these a run at some point just to see how it compares to the straight-up Fanatec-recommended settings. I see you have brake force set to only 30, that's interesting. That's way too low for me on the V3 load-cell pedals. I think I'm running it around 80 or 85. I like to have a really hard pedal that requires a lot of force, similar to real race cars. Just personal preference, though.

My rig isn't robust so I can't press too hard on the pedals or they flip over on me.

I'm using a Playseat Challenge

Any proper dashcam view settings for the new cars? Ferrari, Audi, Porsche, BMW M2 and Lambo.

Gaming on a 27” monitor and 65” OLED

Does anyone knows of a good guide on how to setup your car? I want to slowly start adjusting my setups, specifically for the 488 Evo, but I don’t know where to start.

I want to make the car less understeery but whenever I try a pro setup the car is too unstable under braking and I thought going from the default setup to a pro setup in little increments would make it easier. A video where someone goes from default to a full setup explaining everything would be the chefs kiss.

Thanks

Ps: I’m loving the game right now. We should have a psa around the website telling people to give ACC next gen a try. Especially since it’s included in ps plus extra. The game still has some bugs but it’s in a really good shape and hopefully the devs can now tackle those less critical bugs and explore the game’s features like the time trials challenges which have been dead for months now.

Any proper dashcam view settings for the new cars? Ferrari, Audi, Porsche, BMW M2 and Lambo.

Gaming on a 27” monitor and 65” OLED
Playing on 65" OLED and sitting approx. 120-130 cm close to it. Using FOV 46 deg now. From car to car adjusting distance. And having pitch -3,6 because my eyes are just in the middle of the screen. Again adjusting little bit from car to car.

Does anyone knows of a good guide on how to setup your car? I want to slowly start adjusting my setups, specifically for the 488 Evo, but I don’t know where to start.

I want to make the car less understeery but whenever I try a pro setup the car is too unstable under braking and I thought going from the default setup to a pro setup in little increments would make it easier. A video where someone goes from default to a full setup explaining everything would be the chefs kiss.

Thanks

Ps: I’m loving the game right now. We should have a psa around the website telling people to give ACC next gen a try. Especially since it’s included in ps plus extra. The game still has some bugs but it’s in a really good shape and hopefully the devs can now tackle those less critical bugs and explore the game’s features like the time trials challenges which have been dead for months now.
Are you using the default aggressive presets? That's a good starting point. If the car is unstable under braking try moving the bias forward, although tbh I don't get this issue in ACC all that much.
Aris the dev says start with tyres, then ride height, but sometimes instead of that if I want a bit more turn in I'll run aggressive presets and simply lower the front roll bar value.

However i only race against the AI, so if you want full custom setups my help ends here lol

Are you using the default aggressive presets? That's a good starting point. If the car is unstable under braking try moving the bias forward, although tbh I don't get this issue in ACC all that much.
Aris the dev says start with tyres, then ride height, but sometimes instead of that if I want a bit more turn in I'll run aggressive presets and simply lower the front roll bar value.

However i only race against the AI, so if you want full custom setups my help ends here lol
I use the default aggressive setups and with those I have no issues. What I have issues with are pro setups that I get from YT videos. Those are too unstable for me. I’m looking for something in between to ease the jump from aggressive default to full custom pro setups. I’m watching Aris video and I’ll start there.

Does anyone know how to set up a custom race that starts with good weather, rains in the middle and then ends with good weather?

I've tried everything and I can't figure it out.

I'm on console

I have big problems with saved sessions. Everytime when I try to load one, the game goes crazy. Either my car is standing still completely, or the AI ist driving somewhere in the green, crashing into each other or into the barriers.
Anyone else experiencing such problems?
Edith: playing on the PS5

Last edited:
A patch to fix some of the bugs is apparently coming out this week, will have to wait see what it fixes.

1. Nick Turner — Idag 11:20​

”Looks like the patch for consoles will go live today, this afternoon/evening UK time
    and no i dont before you ask
    and no i dont know when either”

1. Nick Turner — Idag 16:41​

”I have just set the timer for tommorow afternoon for the patch.

it is good to go”

17.00 GMT

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to set up a custom race that starts with good weather, rains in the middle and then ends with good weather?

I've tried everything and I can't figure it out.

I'm on console
Your question intrigued me, so I thought I'd test some things this morning before heading off to the office.

I did a couple of custom 10 minute races at COTA and customized the weather - which I've never really done in the past.

I enabled Dynamic Weather, set the variability to 33% and enabled Random Weather.

Result: the race started in the sun and finished overcast. Seeing the weather change, I then set the variability to 75% to find out if I'd get even more change.

Result: the race started sunny and ended sunny and I didn't really see much change.

Granted, this was only a small sample based on having a few extra minutes to spare. I'll have to try longer races at some point, along with playing with more settings.

Xbox Series X

Last edited:
Back