Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
It has a penalty system! Now let’s see how it compares to GT’s.

1ACB228F-25AE-4B6C-BC24-736D17BB5061.png

Downloaded completed and put about 30 min into the game so far. Need to give it some more time, but initial impression is not good.

Still need to dial in the FFB so can't fully speak to the driving dynamics but was impressed by the level of data, detail and set-up customization.

The graphics, however, are atrocious for 2020 and significantly detract from the sim realism. The rear view mirror is terrible, there is a general lack of refinement/blockiness to most elements while driving, and the 30fps on PS4pro is a real killer (feels janky while driving, even in single player mode). Hope that there are patches in the pipeline - this release feels half-baked.
The graphics are incredible on the Xbox one X in native 4k..

Is this game ok to use automatic than using manual, because I have health issues and I can not use manual.

How does the safety and driver rating work? Where and how do you raise them? Is it only in online races?

Digital version is called Launch Edition here in Australia. INcludes the IGTC Pack. Just raced at Mount Panorama, will try Suzuka next.

And yet I can't access Bathurst on Xbox with a disc game. I'm in Australia too..This seems a bit unfair. Bathurst/Kyalami/Laguna/Suzuka were a big part of the game for me and if I'm not able to access them then I'll take the game back to EB. Used the code with the game to redeem it on Xbox marketplace earlier today and it accepted it. Bit confused.

Downloading now, I can’t wait to get off work tonight. :)

Well, think about us poor folks in EU when you say these things :P

Not only I still have 6 hours of work left but then, I still have to buy and download it! Damn it I'm going to take tomorrow off! :lol:

There isn't specifically a day one update. I received my copy on Saturday and when installed, it gave a further patch (changes since disc mastering). I've just checked for updates now (Official day 1) and there are no further patches so if anyone had any issues with advance copies (and first patch) they won't be alleviated on release day with a further patch.

From my point of view though, I really like the game and haven't yet experienced any issues (Wheels not working etc), I use a G29 and it works well. There are lots of options to configure and the driver rating looks really good. It acts like a traininer, by using lots of competencies. The first being tracknowledge, then consistancy where it grades your corners against the same corners from the last few clean laps. It also colour codes based on speed so you can see where you're failing, try to get better, then measure consistancy. All rather good. It then looks at racecraft, and safety and all modes are graded meaning you have to be safe against the ai which again can only help train you to be good.

I really like it.

Oh also, I received my pre-order bonus as an email last night but haven't redeemed it yet

And yet I can't access Bathurst on Xbox with a disc game. I'm in Australia too..This seems a bit unfair. Bathurst/Kyalami/Laguna/Suzuka were a big part of the game for me and if I'm not able to access them then I'll take the game back to EB. Used the code with the game to redeem it on Xbox marketplace earlier today and it accepted it. Bit confused.
I'm not sure if it has to do with this "digital pre-order"(which ain't much of a pre-order being released on the debut).

Another Bonus detail: Watched a replay and not only does the position display on the windscreen function, it switches to the driver name periodically. That's crazy.

Nice way to introduce players to racing.

Well, think about us poor folks in EU when you say these things :P

Not only I still have 6 hours of work left but then, I still have to buy and download it! Damn it I'm going to take tomorrow off! :lol:

It downloaded and set itself up in less than 45 min, so you won’t have to wait long after work. :cheers:

And if you use PS Remote play, you can have it downloaded and ready by the time you get home. :)

Okay this isn't good. Pre ordered my copy for ps4 from GAME in the uk. Picked it up this morning and installed it.

No doc content or code, ACC official facebook page says all retailers to give out the dlc codes.

Range game and they have confirmed that they have been instructed not to give the codes out - all dlc content costs will not be given out by them. Asked for a reason why and they just stated powers higher up have taken that decision.

I can take the game back for a full refund - which I am doing now.

Played 2 practice games, wheel not fully recognised and it was choppy as hell on my ps4 pro

I’ve just searched for it and cannot find it on the EU PS Store. Kinda ironic for a game developed in Europe focusing on an European series, but I’m sure it’ll show up eventually.

Last edited:
Okay this isn't good. Pre ordered my copy for ps4 from GAME in the uk. Picked it up this morning and installed it.

No doc content or code, ACC official facebook page says all retailers to give out the dlc codes.

Range game and they have confirmed that they have been instructed not to give the codes out - all dlc content costs will not be given out by them. Asked for a reason why and they just stated powers higher up have taken that decision.

Played 2 practice games, wheel not fully recognised and it was choppy as hell on my ps4 pro

This is why I stopped shoping at Game. Horrendous service continuously from them.

I got mine from 365games in the UK and they emailed me the DLC code.

I’ve just seatched for it and cannot find it on the EU PS Store. Kinda ironic for a game developed in Europe focusing on an European series, but I’m sure it’ll show up eventually.

It finally showed up for me on the EU PS store, although I had to search for it and initially - 15 minutes ago - it only showed up as an "overview" with no purchase button.
I'm downloading it now. Surprised at the low price, hopefully not a bad omen.

I’ve just seatched for it and cannot find it on the EU PS Store. Kinda ironic for a game developed in Europe focusing on an European series, but I’m sure it’ll show up eventually.

Devs or publishers have very little control on this to be fair, it's all up to Sony.

Hopefully it will show up soon but I'm prepared to wait. In EU normally the store updates late at night on Tuesdays, for instance the current offers expire at midnight today, so I wouldn't be surprised if it only shows up tonight when the offers update.

Edit: nevermind, looking at the post above it seems it's coming! :cheers:

Which chicane does NGP have at the end? The GTS one or the N24 one?

Does Suzuka have the final chicane or the normal corner?

Back