Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
GROAN. That is bad news.

1.3.7 does not work with my T300 so I'm done then for now until they patch. As launches go it is safe to say this one has been less than stellar.
Which PS4 do you have?

Edit: Oh sorry. I see it in your signature.

Damn.

Cant deside if its a buy or not.

I am not the most fanatic about graphics, just want a good physics, with good singleplayer AI.

Isent Sebastien loeb also 30 FPS on Console ?

I loved that game and had no isues with it.

This game is a complete mess on Xbox One X really choppy and poorly optimised and that's with just one car on track :mad:

Last edited:
Opposite to my experience. Solid 30fps, looks excellent.

Plays really well on a pad I'm happy to report.

it is strange how people are getting different experiences on the same platforms - I am on PS4 pro and it was not good this morning. However i had to return the game this morning due to the DLC not being provided. Will be purchasing through PS store in a minute and I will be hopeful that they start to address the issues

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn’t bought yet and is buying digitally on PS store, CD Keys are doing £35 store credit for £30.99. Brings it closer to physical copy price.

Damn.

Cant deside if its a buy or not.

I am not the most fanatic about graphics, just want a good physics, with good singleplayer AI.

Isent Sebastien loeb also 30 FPS on Console ?

I loved that game and had no isues with it.
WRC 8 is 30 fps. I'm okay with it in that game. That game does have motion blur though, so it doesn't seem to be choppy I guess. I hope WRC 9 has 60 fps though.

I thinks if it’s a solid 30fps locked then it isn’t an issue l but this feels more like 25fps. It’s a great advert for PC.

it is strange how people are getting different experiences on the same platforms ...

Probably most likely to be down to differences in people's ability to tolerate 30 fps. I can get used to it in this game, but it definitely doesn't - even when I don't think there are actual frame drops - look as smooth to me as DriveClub (another 30 fps game). Maybe it's down to minor fps fluctuations, but I also think the visuals have something to do with it, with noticeable aliasing making the "low" framerate more obvious (though this would suggest it might look smoother on the 4K consoles, I only have a standard PS4 so I can't say).

I can only speak for the PS store but when you buy the game you are indeed buying the promised DLC content.

The name of the game is listed as bundle.if you buy the game after 2 weeks the word "bundle" is removed from the game name and you will not be eligible for early purchase DLC

I believe some of us were confused because it's not available yet but the status of your game name tells you that when it does come out you will have it for free

Just did the 1st special event (Bentley at Silverstone), and track experience at Nurburgring in the Ferrari.

OK, graphics aren't GTS level, but they don't interfere with the enjoyment of the game for me at all (on a VERY old standard PS4).

Plays really nicely - much more realistic car handling c.f. GTS.

G29 has bit of a FF deadzone around straight ahead, but doesn't feel as bad as AC (which for me, was unplayable with a G29), and miles better than Dirt2.

No idea how you can map all the control options to a wheel yet... looks like you need about 2,000 buttons as everything has a discrete input :lol:

Has anyone tried on a Fanatec CSL Elite?
Would be good to know if it works before I order :P
it absolutely does work. My problem is that I've not been able to find the right wheel settings

-----------------------------------------------

On another note regarding fps:

Some of you may be more refined than I am in terms of visual acuity and what you do and don't notice as you drive.

For myself, on a PS4 pro and a 65in Samsung 4K TV, the game looks terrific and drives beautifully. I'm not thinking for a moment how many frames per second are going on in the background and there is nothing I have found so far that is choppy or stuttery.

I should also mention that I have only been doing hot laps without other cars on the track

Last edited:
Console player now have access to the best GT3 simulation on the market today, the physic is as good as it gets.
The console players who are more interested in great graphic might want to stick to simcade title like GT or Forza, but if you are into simulation and stuck with a console ACC is your ticket to racing simulation bliss.
Enjoy!

This was mentioned by someone before so I don't want to take credit for discovering this now.

One thing I really hate is that you cannot navigate using your controller if you are using a steering wheel.

In PC2 and GTS after you pause the game with your steering wheel you can pick up the controller and use it to navigate through options and things like that. Obviously, it's easier to do it with the controller and I'm always trying to save as many clicks on my wheel as I can

Does anyone know if this is the kind of thing that qualifies for patching down the road?

I’m not sure where to begin with this?! But I do need some help.

I may not be a pro, or be a “simcade” person, apparently, but I was hoping that it wouldn’t be so stuttery. Is there anything I can do about it? I have a decent sized tv and the PS4 pro. It’s very prominent and it’s pretty bad - definitely not something you get used too.

Also, I have a fanatec wheel set up (formula v2, elite PS4 wheelbase) and it’s so nice to be able to use every function on it, but the feel is so numb no matter what I do with the settings. There seems to be no equivalent feel to GTS, does anyone have some settings that actually make you feel like you’re doing something? I can’t tell anything, under/over steer, grip, nothing. And my wheel works just fine in GTS so there’s nothing wrong with it, I’m just not up to scratch when it comes to setting these things up. I’m happy for a strong workout if it means I can feel something. Does anyone have some settings they could share?

It feels a bit like early adopter syndrome and I’m fine with that btw, but I’m literally spinning around in circles currently...

I just got the game and honestly I thought the performance of the game was going to be horrible due to the fact that I’m currently playing on an OG Xbox One, but it’s not bad, I like it, I just did a race at Spa with dynamic weather and I didn’t notice any issues thus far, mind you I’m using a controller and I’d say the default settings are good. :)

My game feels smooth on base PS4. Did two career races at Zolder and no issues or hiccups, even in traffic.

I just wish you could change the difficulty mid career. I set it too low.

Xbox One X.... Do everyone a favor... DON'T BUY.

Where can I start... Trustmaster TX doesn't work...not detected...
With controller the game is a joke
Graphics...good for a 5 years old game
framerate... don't know...after half a lap I gave up...

This should be a lesson: Stupid ways of spending money.

Regards.

I just completed my first quick race and I could not find a listing for "fastest lap" for all the drivers in the race. They only list the total time and the subsequent intervals

Am I missing something?

My game feels smooth on base PS4. Did two career races at Zolder and no issues or hiccups, even in traffic.

I just wish you could change the difficulty mid career. I set it too low.
This is interesting that you can't change the difficulty. I'm such an inconsistent driver, this may be a problem for me

The only career mode I'm used to is the one in PC2, where you can change the difficulty race to race. Heck, you can change it after the practice session and again for qualifying and again for the race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how to turn off the silly learn the track/consistency/car control giant box in the upper corner. NO HUD, I want no hud!!

Edit, I'm using the pad setting someone posted in this forum, the quick and easy pad thread. They're working great with some slight adjustments.

I'd just like FOV patched in and I'm set.

Xbox One X.... Do everyone a favor... DON'T BUY.

Where can I start... Trustmaster TX doesn't work...not detected...
With controller the game is a joke
Graphics...good for a 5 years old game
framerate... don't know...after half a lap I gave up...

This should be a lesson: Stupid ways of spending money.

Regards.

Interesting that there are so many different people with different issues/opinions on the same console.

A little play with the controller settings and its perfectly good with a pad (deadzone, 1, speed sensitivity 50, damping 80, gamma 3.5, assist on), I havent had any of this stuttering with graphics, solid 30fps, occasional drop at a race start in the rain, and I don't find it offensive to look at by any stretch. Probably on a par with WRC8.

This is interesting that you can't change the difficulty. I'm such an inconsistent driver, this may be a problem for me

The only career mode I'm used to is the one in PC2, where you can change the difficulty race to race. Heck, you can change it after the practice session and again for qualifying and again for the race.

Yeah its annoying to say the least. Im winning races by like 60sec.

Im doing the medium length so my races are 40min long.

Back