Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Well stop and go penalties dont work. Went to the pit twice to deal with it, not one counted. That and the penalties are like gtsport. The innocent gets screwed.

Is it posibel, you got a new stop and go for breaking pit limit speed. So once you served one penalty, you already had another ?

If not its very odd. For me the stop and go does work.

Some good information;

About Track Grip and Rubber Level

Rubber level depends on how many cars are circulating on the track.Also, the later the session is in the weekend, the more simulated rubber it will have from simulated support races.

As a rule of thumb, Friday has low grip levels, Saturday is already high and Sunday is already usually optimum grip.

Remember that Optimum grip means a grippy ideal line, but the off-line will have marbles that make it slippier than how a less grippy track off-line would be.

Marbles are visually represented and also produce an audio effect when driving on them, so you can have a good indication in terms of what you can expect.

The sequence of track grip levels are:

GREEN - no rubber, no marbles -> most slippery but grip is evenly spread.

FAST - medium rubber, medium marbles -> grippier ideal line, slippier than normal outside line.

OPTIMUM - most rubbered in, ideal line has maximum grip, outside line is very slippery.

GREASY - slippery track with low wetness level, byproduct of the rubbered line becoming wet.

DAMP - low wetness level, usually still somewhat manageable on slicks unless worsening.

WET - high wetness level with potential puddles, wet tyres recommended unless improving.

FLOODED - lots of standing water on the track, no drying line in sight.

The three dry status indicators (Green, Fast and Optimum) each cover a range, they are not a specific % of grip level, and also the different grip statuses have differing ideal line/outside line correlations.

If you imagine a range of 0-100, 0 being the least amount of grip, and 100 the highest, green, fast and optimum each cover a 20-40% range within there. So the lower end of "Fast" when it has just tipped over "Green" and the higher end where it's almost "Optimum" can produce different lap times, while still showing the same "Fast" status.

Very important: the more grip the ideal line has (i.e. the more rubbered-in it is), the more rubber debris you have on the non-ideal line, so green track has a low but evenly distributed grip level on all the tarmac surface, while optimum has a relatively big drop-off if you skid off the ideal line into the rubber debris.

Bottom line, the 3 indicators cover a range each, and the higher the grip is, the bigger the dropoff is on the outside line.

Found in this guide from official Kunos support forum;
Newcomers guide to ACC

Just to add to this, in the wet the grip situation is "reversed".

Optimum becomes super greasy because all the rubber on the racing line becomes very slick. Whereas a green track is actually more grippy because the pristine rough tarmac gives more "bite" for your tyres. Fast is somewhere in between.

Also, all the marbles off the racing line can actually give you MORE grip when it just starts to rain because picking it up gives your tyre more bumps and grooves to move water out of the way. As the rain progresses, the marbles are washed off the track and this effect lessens, so the whole track becomes more uniform.

It's really mind boggling how much details there are in the physics :bowdown:

The AI just continue to use the racing line and blast off in to the distance.

They are suspiciously fast in the wet.

Not that I saw, I didn't know that was an option. It just had me sit with engine off for 30seconds so I thought it just did it.
It's definitely there, happened to me last night. Was about to just pull into the pits and assume I would serve my penalty but then noticed you have to select serve penalty.

The AI just continue to use the racing line and blast off in to the distance.

They are suspiciously fast in the wet.

I’ve yet to play a racing sim that’s successfully simulated dynamic weather. This is the best so far but it’s still not great. I realise it must be incredibly difficult to get right, but yes, the AI seem to have more grip than I do, even when they stick to the racing line and I’m doing as it says above, searching for grip off it, as it’s so slippery on it.

Also dynamic weather races are just so confusing still. The game will be shouting at me wet tyres are optimal pretty quickly after rain begins to fall, the AI will dive into the pits incredibly early, and there I am barrelling round on drys for 2 or 3 more laps. I pit for wets, come out miles ahead of the pack, then over the next few laps they reel me in on rails while I’m squirming all over the place.

Of course I could just be crap in the wet, but I consider myself a decent driver... Anyone else feel this? Is it possible as we’re a bit behind PC development, the dynamic weather/track grip isn’t quite right here? Or just another bug on consoles!

Last edited:
I’d won every race in career on Pro difficulty when I came to the Hungaroring round.

Set pole in both Q1 and Q2 by well over half a second.

Race 1 I take the lead and by lap 4 I have 3s gap to 2nd... and it starts raining. Complete the lap on slicks and pit for wets... AI do the same.

AI then catch a 3s lead up in less than a lap, and have so much more grip they are are hitting me coming out of the corners. Once they force their way past me they just disappear. I finish last.

Race 2 starts wet. I hold them off for a couple of corners by holding the racing line, but they eventually get bored and just push me off exiting a slow corner. I finish last again.

Vs my pace in the dry, I’d say they are at least 3s a lap faster than I am.

I've come across a few issues over the week with some cars in the rain. The rain effects on the windshield are mirrored. So in a left hand drive car the wipers wipe as the should, but they're not wiping the rain off as they should and as a consequence I cant see the left hand corners. Two cars I know this issue with is the 720S and lambo. Anyone else noticed this?
PS_Messages_20200707_135559.jpg

That's from the replay. It's worse in real time.

I've come across a few issues over the week with some cars in the rain. The rain effects on the windshield are mirrored. So in a left hand drive car the wipers wipe as the should, but they're not wiping the rain off as they should and as a consequence I cant see the left hand corners. Two cars I know this issue with is the 720S and lambo. Anyone else noticed this?
View attachment 938418

That's from the replay. It's worse in real time.
I experienced the same issue with the GT-R.

I’ve found if you turn off hud frame drops and pacing seem improved.
There’s all the info needed in the in car dash I find, anything else is a distraction and resource hog for what little headroom the consoles have.

There’s all the info needed in the in car dash I find, anything else is a distraction and resource hog for what little headroom the consoles have.
I was playing around with this the other day, didn't see massive differences really but will have another go. PCARS2 had noticeable stutter when cycling to the telemetry page on the HUD iirc.

And once again the game has wiped all my saved data; all setups, all options, all control settings... what a joke.
The only thing left is, thankfully, my driver profile ratings. Twice now this has happened, and it happened just as the trophy popped up as I completed the 11 track championship.

If this game wasn't so much fun I'd stop playing for a month or 2 to see what they fix.

This just happened to me today. 57% career progress and 50% of the way into a championship and it wiped all my save data too. This after the 6h endurance race at Paul Ricard which I had set to 60 minutes.

Happened to me after the race had finished.

Please use the official bug report form to report this if you haven't already. The more of us that report it, the more likely they are to look at it: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html

I was playing around with this the other day, didn't see massive differences really but will have another go. PCARS2 had noticeable stutter when cycling to the telemetry page on the HUD iirc.
Even the original AC had severe stutter when the damage diagram lit up, if I remember correctly.

This just happened to me today. 57% career progress and 50% of the way into a championship and it wiped all my save data too. This after the 6h endurance race at Paul Ricard which I had set to 60 minutes.

Please use the official bug report form to report this if you haven't already. The more of us that report it, the more likely they are to look at it: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html
Well that sucks. Sounds like you lost a lot more than I did. I reported it already.

Done.

Have lost all saved data during the career after the second Zolder race...I hope, Kudos fix this very soon!

Last edited:
had enough.......... requesting a refund. My digital downloaded version from ps store still won't connect to the servers.
Its a shame as I think the game is great but I still can't even make a driver profile.

If i recall correctly there should be an option to "serve penalty" or something similar when you enter the pits.

I could be wrong but i think thats how it works

Is it posibel, you got a new stop and go for breaking pit limit speed. So once you served one penalty, you already had another ?

If not its very odd. For me the stop and go does work.

It's definitely there, happened to me last night. Was about to just pull into the pits and assume I would serve my penalty but then noticed you have to select serve penalty.
I will review the footage of that race incase I was slightly heated from multiple incidents, in case I am being mad for no reason, thank you.

I got to play it for some time on the G29 today.. Not a fan. They need to do a lot of work to get that wheel working right. It's very far away from how the wheel gives feedback in the original ACC and other... well any other game. Also I was using the wheel on a PS4 pro and as the video above proves.. The game is a lot better on the regular PS4 I use here at home. (compared to the pro)

Know that I was absolutely ready to bin the G29 for ACC until I got the settings right.
Also I have found the game to run much better on the regular PS4.

I read the following somewhere and took a pic of the info:
"Regarding ffb, set your dynamic dampening to 120%
Minimum force no higher than 4/5
Road effects no higher than 25
Gain is down to personal preference but I run 95-100"

I am currently using and tinkering with the below but am always on the lookout for a combo that unlocks better and/or more immersion:
Gain: 83
Min Force: 2
Dynamic Dampening: 120
Road Effects: 15
Steer Lock: Variable by car
Steer Lin: 1.00
Brake Gamma: 1.90

. Original ac on Xbox one used to/still does lose progress in the career mode happened twice to me and i gave up with it,waiting to start mine in the hope it will be fixed this time

Know that I was absolutely ready to bin the G29 for ACC until I got the settings right.
Also I have found the game to run much better on the regular PS4.

I read the following somewhere and took a pic of the info:
"Regarding ffb, set your dynamic dampening to 120%
Minimum force no higher than 4/5
Road effects no higher than 25
Gain is down to personal preference but I run 95-100"

I am currently using and tinkering with the below but am always on the lookout for a combo that unlocks better and/or more immersion:
Gain: 83
Min Force: 2
Dynamic Dampening: 120
Road Effects: 15
Steer Lock: Variable by car
Steer Lin: 1.00
Brake Gamma: 1.90
I'll try your settings,I have a base PS4 but I play it on my Xbox one x,should I get it on the PS4?,is it better?

I experienced the same issue with the GT-R.
Is the GTR left hand drive? I have a suspicion this affects all and only left hand drive cars. I've reported the issue.

I turned off HUD a day or two after release day. I played acc yesterday on a second account to test the online solution to blue screen. So everything was on default, immediately noticed it was much more stuttery. You might not notice a fix but you'll probably notice it a week or two after if y8u go back to full HUD.
had enough.......... requesting a refund. My digital downloaded version from ps store still won't connect to the servers.
Its a shame as I think the game is great but I still can't even make a driver profile.
I would suggest trying on a second account where you have few or no friends. Large friends list is what's causing blue screen in multiplayer.

I will review the footage of that race incase I was slightly heated from multiple incidents, in case I am being mad for no reason, thank you.
Record your footage so you can rewatch what's happened.

I'll try your settings,I have a base PS4 but I play it on my Xbox one x,should I get it on the PS4?,is it better?

The frame rate is much higher on the base PS4 than any other console but I don't think you should buy the game twice. They can make the other versions run faster than they are. I would just watch for the patch.

Anyone else found that before the race start, if you hang back a couple car lengths and floor it early, when the AI is all bunched up ahead of you, you can cross the start finish line (green light) at a much higher speed than the cars in front and make up a load of places.

Is this just considered non-gentlemanly and so they don't expect you do it? I only did it once to see what would happen as i prefer to race my way through but the game doesn't seem to penalise you in any way (well, except some of the AI making a robust defence!)

Anyone else found that before the race start, if you hang back a couple car lengths and floor it early, when the AI is all bunched up ahead of you, you can cross the start finish line (green light) at a much higher speed than the cars in front and make up a load of places.

Is this just considered non-gentlemanly and so they don't expect you do it? I only did it once to see what would happen as i prefer to race my way through but the game doesn't seem to penalise you in any way (well, except some of the AI making a robust defence!)
This is why I hope console gets the PC race start update. You have to stay within a box until the green light so you can't hang back or bunch up too far. I don't much like how it is at the mo.

I've had terrible starts at Spa where half the field creeps around La Source while the leaders pull away and when it goes green they're too far ahead.

The PC race starts aren't even a patch ahead of us, they've had it for a while now. Hope we catch up soon.

ACC and PC2 in the rain, gameplay and replay footage comparison, with a BMW M6 GT3 at Brands Hatch GP.

It looks like the rain textures are more realistic in ACC, but it's hard to say for sure because 98% of the screen is either dash or sky. It would be nice to be able to see the track without having to find a hill to go down to do it.

I would suggest trying on a second account where you have few or no friends. Large friends list is what's causing blue screen in multiplayer.

playing on my other account only have 20 friends there. I cannot even make a driver profile. Deleted and redownloaded yesterday.... no change
I don't have any bluescreen issue

It looks like the rain textures are more realistic in ACC, but it's hard to say for sure because 98% of the screen is either dash or sky. It would be nice to be able to see the track without having to find a hill to go down to do it.
Unfortunately you can’t change the FOV or seat position in ACC yet, I’ve since switched to the closer of the two cockpit views (the one without the wheel) and that’s a bit better.

Itvus quite accurate to the real thing, I’ve sat in a few GT3 cars and most of them have a quite appalling view of the track, as a low centre of gravity takes priority.

Back