Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
As above, either set auto engine start or map ignition and engine start to 2 buttons. I also have these as L3 and R3 on the base.

Last edited:
@agentorunge You haven't started the car. The RPM on your HUD reads 0. Make sure you have Starter and Ignition mapped, I have them on L3 and R3 respectively on my wheel, or you have auto-start enabled in [OPTIONS]. Don't forget to keep Pit Limiter mapped too!

At some stage we all forget to start the car. I forgot about a month ago after qualifying on pole online.

Thanks. Wow I feel dumb. Lol.

In AC it is exactly the same as in ACC. The higher the number, the more assistance you get.

AC = higher number = weaker TC

ACC = higher number = stronger TC

I play both games on a weekly basis so I know this for a fact. Dunno why the AC system is opposite to every other game out there lol.

Also some extra info on what TC1/2 means in ACC from Aris:

Last edited:
For anyone that has been in a private lobby race:

Has anyone seen seen the mandatory pit stop rules in private servers? I'm trying to set up an endurance race but those details won't show.

2020 season coming, trailer is here

Nice! Looks like Stefano's latest work is included there also :D

Edit: Someone on the official forums posted:
"According to Aris, Magny Cours could not be done because they could not visit it due to the whole pandemic issue."

Edit2:
User: Did he say anything about it being added in the future when they're not being held back by the pandemic?
pankykapus (developer): We'll worry about that when there is an end to the pandemic on the radar, which the last time I checked is only getting worse. For the time being we are happy we can keep working and bringing new content at all.

Last edited:
I need to whine.
I buy ACC for my PS4 at release...yeah, there are some problems but I still love it and could not stop playing it offline. Jump to them updating/improving/fixing it...I haven't played it since and reverted to AC. Nothing like snatching happiness from a paying customer by changing the product for the worse after it was purchased. Those responsible for QA at dt3 and 505 should be ashamed. I know it is not easy to cover all bases, but I had a product in hand that I really enjoyed and then poof, it is gone, along with my money. It looks like AC for me until something worthwhile develops for the PS5. Frustrating...

Last edited:
Question about driver changes.

I started a championship with practice and qualifying and a 1 hour race. I carefully measured the fuel consumption. The race had to be done by 3 drivers, so I setup my pitstops so that I only had to fill 1/3 of fuel each time.

The race starts. The 2nd lap I am told about the mandatory driver swap. Every other AI car goes in. I do it one lap later. Strange but OK.

After lap 3 I am told about the 2nd mandatory driver swap. I refuse and keep on going. On lap 5 I get a message that I am penalized and need to do a drive through.

Wat on earth is this? I mean I do like ACC on ps4 a lot, but these "realistic" things i completely don't get.

Or is there something obvious that I don't understand.

On ACC support channel of 505games Discord users send questions to the D3T Ldt studio in charge of ACC console versions porting and postlaunch support..

Finally some answers arrived, still missing a lot, that supposedly will come next week..

Here's some of their answers;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19xUKpFi0KE_a-67amipxKreD4n4lLgHXkixnrGXa6mw/edit?usp=sharing

In my personal opinion...if the next game of Kunos simulazione isn't ported and supported directly from themselves it will be a no buy for me

New
This is exactly what I mean https://www.reddit.com/r/ACCompetiz...le_player_endurance_races_how_do_stints_work/

"
Single Player endurance races, how do stints work?
renderTimingPixel.png

Question
I googled a bit but couldn't find an explanation, and I can't see *anything* in-game about how this works. So, maybe someone here knows.

In single-player, when you do an endurance race the length of each 'stint' seems pre-set to something very short. I don't know if you *have* to follow the suggested stint lengths, or if you can just ignore them.

For example, if you run a 1-hour race and you have three drivers on your team, you can see on the pitstop HUD page that each driver has a max driving time, I think for an hour race it's 30 minutes for each driver.

So, you don't want to try for a single stop, you'd run someone down to zero for sure. So I figure it will be a two-stop race.

But once the race starts, there's a stint countdown in the top-left of the HUD, and it's something like 15 minutes. So you think, OK I have to do 4 stops for the 1-hour race. Fine.

But then your engineer says 'stint over, come into the pits' after just 5 or 8 minutes or something. The stint countdown never gets anywhere near zero. And the AI cars are pitting at this time, too.

So I decide to do what the engineer is telling me, I don't want to get disqualified for some weird reason. I pit. And as the race goes on it's obvious I'm being pitted every 5 or 6 minutes. It's ridiculous, I'm doing like 10 stops for a 1-hour race.

And what rules are there about what the pitstops have to consist of? Obviously a driver change but do I have to change tires every time? What about fuel?

The game doesn't tell you **** about any of this, it's just completely confusing.

So far I've won several 1-hour races by doing fewer stops than the AI, which sucks. I have also won by doing shorter stops, because it seems the AI adds fuel every stop, for no reason.

It's pretty pathetic if you can easily beat the AI just because they are doing a stupid number of over-long stops.

Anyone able to clarify how this is supposed to actually resemble a real race? What are the actual rules?

And yeah, the whole system is different between career, championship, and single-race setups. But this post is already stupid long. HELP!

"

On ACC support channel of 505games Discord users send questions to the D3T Ldt studio in charge of ACC console versions porting and postlaunch support..

Finally some answers arrived, still missing a lot, that supposedly will come next week..

Here's some of their answers;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19xUKpFi0KE_a-67amipxKreD4n4lLgHXkixnrGXa6mw/edit?usp=sharing

In my personal opinion...if the next game of Kunos simulazione isn't ported and supported directly from themselves it will be a no buy for me

Bit odd the bit about the weather updates in version 1.5.8... Surely that’s a core game update. Why are there “no plans” for that!?

The game is very playable for me but there are still plenty of annoying little bugs. If they can sort things like the starts, game crashes etc out, bring back the graphics to how they were at launch and sort a 1080p60 mode out (do not understand how it’s 1080-30 and 4K60 at the mo!), then I’d expect updates to be in line with the PC version.

Some of those answers in that discord are a little concerning. Almost as if they don’t know what they’re doing or where the game is going...

Last edited:
I think at this stage the rolling starts will never be fixed, the cars will remain floating slightly off the ground and the only thing that might help Spa performance is a next gen console.

It's like I really want to love it, but there itndeed a couple of things that are utterly annoying. My moste recent gripe is the pitstop fuzz as I explained earlier. It's either a bug or a setting. And if it is a setting, then I think it's bad UI / flow design.

Some of those answers in that discord are a little concerning. Almost as if they don’t know what they’re doing or where the game is going...

I think that's the point. D3t don't develop the game, so they apparently have no clue what direction the game is going. If they have a plan, it doesn't seem apparent and their lack of engagement is disappointing. A consistent approach in their patches would be nice.

As others have intimidated, I would also like the original product that I bought at 30fps and then I can boost to 60fps on the PS5. That is, if D3t can actually deliver this by unlocking the frame rate (sarcasm intended).

At the moment, the lack of rain on the windscreen is mind boggling and my hotlap GT4 times aren't viewable from the main menu. That's just for starters.

Edit: They did mention that keyboard support is not part of the roadmap. So there is a plan?

Last edited:
From eurogamer on PS4 games working on PS5 without specific upgrade patches:

"Ultimately though, we had a huge amount of fun cherry-picking games from the PlayStation library and seeing how well they would run on PlayStation 5, especially when the results were so uniformly positive. The OG disc version of The Evil Within possessed truly awful performance - PlayStation 5 fixes it. Remember how poorly Until Dawn ran on PS4? Yes, that too runs at 60 frames per second on PS5. Looking to enjoy Assetto Corsa Competizione at 60fps? The resolution is very low compared to Xbox One X/Series X but that flat-out frame-rate is a lock even with 20 cars in the driving rain."

Boom!

From eurogamer on PS4 games working on PS5 without specific upgrade patches:

"Ultimately though, we had a huge amount of fun cherry-picking games from the PlayStation library and seeing how well they would run on PlayStation 5, especially when the results were so uniformly positive. The OG disc version of The Evil Within possessed truly awful performance - PlayStation 5 fixes it. Remember how poorly Until Dawn ran on PS4? Yes, that too runs at 60 frames per second on PS5. Looking to enjoy Assetto Corsa Competizione at 60fps? The resolution is very low compared to Xbox One X/Series X but that flat-out frame-rate is a lock even with 20 cars in the driving rain."

Boom!
Did they say what "very low" means? 60fps is great, but I don't want a blurry mess really

It can only get better from here though.
Happy I got ps5 preorder instead of pc, the stress of messing with drivers and what not was always my main motivation for staying away from pc.
Well that and the fact if I went down the pc rabbit hole I’d want to upgrade everything else and go motion platform, triple screens etc, followed by the inevitable divorce!

Did they say what "very low" means? 60fps is great, but I don't want a blurry mess really

Same resolution and graphics as PS4/Pro

Only framerate improve thanks to be unlocked framerate already on actual consoles.
Loading speeds should also been improved.

Now we must see if it fixed inputlag or it's more bad porting realeated instead framerate realeated

Then we have also to wait and see if D3T Ldt studio want to make an Next Gen upgrade with better graphics,textures, details, and so on or they gonna let the game as it is.

I personally don't care about next gen consoles much, cause I'm moving forward to mount an PC, more variety of Sims, better in updates , modding and so on.

Sounds like Kunos are going to be supporting/updating the game for the foreseeable future so I'd be quite disappointed if D3T leave their port as just a current gen title. Wouldn't make sense.

I do however doubt they'll fix all the issues we have. I'm kinda glad they didn't lock it at 30fps or we wouldn't even get 60 on next gen.

Last edited:
The recent leak of gt7 out in 2021 and the eurogamer piece confirming higher frame rates on standard ps4 copy has made me actually want a ps5 soon.

Just just need to buy both a 4k TV and the ps5 itself wasnt expecting to budget for that until 2022 lol

Back